Cake Making & Baking Group

I want to make banana cake...anyone has a good and simple recipe to share with me?

right girlies starting to think about christmas....need a good recipie for christmas cale without nuts or cherries as my MIL is fussy and also one for christmas pud...i'm planning on doing xmas cupcakes and mini xmas puds :shrug:

sara

xxxx

I want to make banana cake...anyone has a good and simple recipe to share with me?

Banana Loaf:

• 2 bananas (although 3 small ones are better - better still if got black spots and v banana smelling)
  • 2 Eggs
  • 4oz Margarine (stork etc)
  • 6oz Dark brown sugar (although light works ok - caster sugar doesn't work so well)
  • 8oz Self raising flour.

Mash bananas,Lob in a bowl and mix. Put in loaf tin. Put in a pre heated oven @ 175degC for 1hr.

Remove from oven and munch!!

Hmmm for xmas i soooo wanted to make a chocolate fruitcake as they are amaaazzzinngg but i didnt :hissy:

never heard of a chocolate fruit cake before sounds yummy!

Hi girls :hi:
I reaaally need your help, I'm a baking virgin!

It's Seren's 1st Birthday coming up and I've decided that I'm going to do some birthday cupcakes... I want this type of thing -

https://www.partypieces.co.uk/public/pictures/products/standard/7966.jpg

I don't know where to start!

What do I need in terms of equipment?
Does anyone have a good cupcake recipe?
How do I make the icing, and get the colours/flavours?

Thanks for any help in advance :hugs:

This is a really good cupcake book

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bake-Me-Im...=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1258053578&sr=1-4

Colours you buy in the supermarket and it depends what type of icing you're using.. but the book should tell you exectly what you need... Though if you're making cupcakes then s cupcake stand would look really nice

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Acrylic-We...r_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=kitchen&qid=1258053759&sr=8-5

or not as big

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tier-Acryl...r_1_8?ie=UTF8&s=kitchen&qid=1258053759&sr=8-8

HELP HELP HELP!!!!!! lol ok girlies so i kinda need to give myself a kick up the arse and get practicing if i really wanna do this properly...well make a little pennies for me to spend on crap that i dont need:dohh: so i asked my dad if he wanted a b day cake for my lil bro and i suggested an X Box cake (sorry i pinched your idea Tracey - hope you dont mind:kiss:) and now thinking about it i have no idea how the hell i am gonna carve the corners rounded and decorate it to a decent level??????? Help!!!

also we've decided to make lots of little fruit cakes for FIL's B-day as he loves Fruit cake and gonna put em in a little tray with cellofane etc to jazz it all up, anyone go any ideas how to make around 5-10 different types (boozy nutty etc) fruit cakes in small quantities, i.e maybe around 3-4 inch squared at most for each one without making in huge quantities and wasting the mix (neither of us like fruit cake and dont no many peope who do !!!!!

thanks in advance ladies :kiss:

oh n new piccies coming up soon..:blush:

ok i have been soooooo busy i totally forgot to put piccies on so theres gonna be a bit of an overload...sorry girlies, anyhoo heres my mum's 50th Bday cake........ its a bit shit so please dont laugh!!!!

DSC01338.jpg

DSC01345.jpg

more to come!!!....:blush:

and here's my really crappy attempt at a halloween cake........ ( i was soooooo rushed!!!) (and we forgot to take a pic till we were about to cut it !! hence the cut and finger marks from rob:dohh:)

DSC01376.jpg

and my cupcakes.....

choccy

DSC01424.jpg

Oreo (pinched the idea from Andrea - hope you dont mind) they didnt tast the best but were ok:)

DSC01438.jpg
DSC01441.jpg
DSC01439.jpg

More Cupcakes......White Choc n Raspberry.........these were soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo yummy!!!!!!

DSC01444.jpg

DSC01442.jpg

DSC01437.jpg

DSC01435.jpg

Wow Sara well done! You are making loads!!!

I am kind of bored of it now :blush: I have a couple of orders and thats about it!

This is my thing though, I get so enthused about something, buy all the equipment and then get bored!!
I have now started making little wooden gift tags, shabby chic style cushions etc so probably wont be in here as much!

I will be popping back in to check up on y'all though!!! :hugs:

andrea! did you find a way of sending them in the post??? i want a cake for rhys' birthday!

Mmmm cakes wish i could post my cake on here :hissy: although it was wonky i was proud :rofl:

Mmmm cakes wish i could post my cake on here :hissy: although it was wonky i was proud :rofl:

why cant you post????

well i made Bakewell tart tonight :) rob loves it so i said i would have a bash at it for him:s well it turned out quite good, and it tastes soo nice(if i do say so myself!!) well it turned me!!LOL i never had it before as i thought it had marzipan in it :) piccies coming up.....

OMG i loooove bakewell tart its totally my fav!!

Tabs 1st Birthday and my wonky donkey cake :rofl:

14533_190290682845_503707845_3964581_3559225_n.jpg

14533_190290707845_503707845_3964583_6850116_n.jpg

14533_190290712845_503707845_3964584_2063015_n.jpg

14533_190290722845_503707845_3964585_609894_n.jpg

Can I join? I Love to cook and bake and I have down 1 cake but really want to try to get it down! Loads of fun!!!

WOW well done Sarah!!!! it all looks great!!!

hi Majm!! welcome!!!! :wave:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"