Cake Making & Baking Group

I didnt find the bratz cake, but I did find this on how to make a 'topsy turvey cake' - whichis what I was on about. I did htink it might be like this - kinda less scary now! I did find the cake, but only the movie on youtube. No pics:(.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9_OXLsfHEY&feature=related

https://cakecentral.com/articles/6/how-to-make-a-topsy-turvy-whimsical-cake
The cake it shows:

https://media-us-148799954183.s3.amazonaws.com/articles/files/2009/08/normal_DSC032991-450x600.jpg

Hey peeps.Any help would be fab please.I'm making a Stacked sponge cake for Abigails 1st birthday.Top is 6" choc and bottom 9" Vanilla.I will Ice it in pink fondant and put sugar flowers on it but I am stuck on how to stack it with out it caving in and does any one know where I can get some sugar butterfly's and hearts already made? Also do you have a fab recipe for the sponge?Not forgetting I have to make 2 for bottom xxxx Thank you xxxxx

Hey peeps.Any help would be fab please.I'm making a Stacked sponge cake for Abigails 1st birthday.Top is 6" choc and bottom 9" Vanilla.I will Ice it in pink fondant and put sugar flowers on it but I am stuck on how to stack it with out it caving in and does any one know where I can get some sugar butterfly's and hearts already made? Also do you have a fab recipe for the sponge?Not forgetting I have to make 2 for bottom xxxx Thank you xxxxx

I just use straws for support on a 2tier :) Get the thicker ones, put them in bottom cake and trim them down then put the top tier on :D Make sure you only put them in the center though so you can't see the straw holes. 3 tiers aren't too bad at caving really, you should have no probs. Try ebay for the sugar decs? Basic sponge recipe is to weigh your eggs and do equal flour, sugar and marg plus some baking powder.

heya, ive done 3 cakes since i was last in here!!! ha ha

i have pics of two of them.....pic of the 3rd to follow sometime 2moro i should think??

1st.....Mini Vivas Frankee shoe cake!
https://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs248.snc1/9516_160600523322_509248322_2742664_1056330_n.jpg

2nd....my second tatty teddy christening cake
https://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs116.snc3/16342_162296863322_509248322_2758390_8264489_n.jpg

that mummy cakes was brill!!!

and everyone asking about stacking......yep they r right....use dowels :)

also about the roses.....my nan used to show me how to make them when i was 9....i used to make them out of blu tack to practise!! lol

Nutty mummy WOW!!!! Ok dowels sorted.Do I need a cake board under the top cake?

yes hun, use a cake card (like a cake board but thinner) under every cake.

ok heres the 3rd cake:
my brothers xbox (very rushed...i was a day behind!)
https://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs003.snc3/11070_164083993322_509248322_2774575_6524629_n.jpg

Zoe just noticed you on ere! Just Pm'd you on FB :D

Tracey I LOVE all your Bros cakes! OH wants me to make hima freddy hand , I am scared to even attempt it!

My NBC cake is on hold now for a while, Gemma is going to a halloween party on Saturday and they have asked for 40 halloween cupcakes so I will be doing them instead!

Just doing orange and black ones with sprinkles cos there is so many of them I dont want to be faffing about too much!

god yeah the freddy hand i did was a nightmare! LOL
most of my icing 'blades' snapped in the heat of the kitchen (OH decided to try n cook tea with a delicate cake in the kitchen!!)
so i had to cut them out of cardboard n paint with the edible silver lustre.
it took ages...and i dont think id attempt one again...it drove me insane!!

looking forward to seeing ur cupcakes!!

seems to be all the rage at the mo....my friend is trying to set up a cupcake business

cant say I havent thought about starting a business but I dont like being tied to it because I know I get bored sooooo easliy!

My SIL nags me regularly to advertise more!

same here!!! ive had more jobs than hot dinners! LOL

ive thought about having a shop...but theres just no way!! im tied down to it then....plus i havent got the money!! :rofl:
ill probably set something else up in 12 months time....im already looking into a photography course and selling shoes.....how random! lol

LOL funny you should say that, i have already started changing :blush: i got my sewing machine out lastnight and was making cushions!

i often wonder if ill ever stick to one thing!!!!

ha ha
for jobs ive done....
nursery nursing, market research, bar maid, pet shop assistant, reptile centre manager, slipper machinist, folding cardboard boxes, cleaner, avon rep, auction receptionist, cake maker....and those are just off the top of my head! theres probably more if i think about it!
ive also gone through fazes of ebay selling, carboot sales, buying and selling from auctions and photography!!!

so far...im cake making, running avon and dabbling with photography.....but also have shoe wholesale catalogues sitting in my kitchen!! LOL

lol,
my bro is the same
hes bought a guitar and amp...and cant play, loads of bowling balls (when u can only throw one at a time!) coz he was ina bowling team, fishing gear, surf board...when theres no waves in sight up here! lol golf clubs...and he cant play that either, an xbox AND PS3 and hes no good at video games, and his latest venture is archery!! hes on about buying his own bow now!! :) i think thats worse than mine!!

so u venturing off into the world of sewing now? i used to do cross stitch but thats about it!! lol

Haha! I dread to think about teh amount of money I have spent on sidelines/hobbies/adventures!

We started clearing the loft as we are hoping to move house after xmas and it is full of boxes with stuff I have bought and got bored of...sewing, cardmaking, clay, christmassy craft things, interior design.... the list goes on!!

Don't know about sewing, I just wanted to make some cushions for xmas cos I could find ones I liked!

Thats how the cake thing started, because a baker charged me £32 for a tiny square cake for Gemmas birthday and it didnt taste that good!
So I decided to make my own :D

ha ha i also forgot to mention i have also gone down the card making and scrapbooking road!! (i have a scrapbook in my kitchen only half finished!!)

arent hobbies so dear!! lol

someone on her made a real cute cot mobile by sewing, just little felt shapes like rockets, aliens etc. and even sewed her own felt shapes on to bodysuits like lions n monkeys....why dont u try something like that?

*laughing as she may have just planted another hobby seed in Andreas brain!*

LOL its like reading about me !!! he he i'm currently into my sewing and baking!!! lol :dohh: tho i am really looking for as many things i can to make money as we are sooooo skint at the moment, and i dont wanna go back to work n still wanna be able to spend loads of money!! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->