Cake Making & Baking Group

What toppers are you doing? Can we help you out??

I have 24 to make on Friday for Saturday morning. I am just doing all the toppers now. They look lovely.

I think its the mould tbh, Ive done two & they look ok x I'm putting them in the freezer for 10-15 minutes which I think I remember you say you do Laura x I'll take a pic of the mould & show you x

Heres the mould x

Attachments

• DSCF0001.jpg
    DSCF0001.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 3
Its not the best but it was the only digger mould I could find x

What are the toppers Laura??
Does anyone use chocolate in their moulds??
I have this fab cupcake book & a lot of the moulds in there are filled with coloured white chocolate x

I want to get some moulds and use coloured white chocolate in them to use as toppers.

Where do you get your moulds from?

Reedy, you should use cake release not icing. I find icing doesnt work at all. Try it, little bit of oil or cake release should be fine. :) You might find it better.

She is having bows and heart toppers with large name plaques. Cant wait :)

They actually turned out pretty well & she was really pleased with them x
will post a pic tonight x

Emmy - Laura is your best person to ask about moulds, she is the mould queen lol x

I want to get some moulds and use coloured white chocolate in them to use as toppers.

Where do you get your moulds from?

Sorry didnt see this...

Ebay, best place ever. There is a man on there called Mcaudwell. He does proper FPC Moulds.

Have you got a link to his items? I can only find moulds by Taz something or other xx

ETA just remembered you sent me a link ages ago for him! :dohh:

Have you got the link Emmy? Or do you want it?

Has anyone made any leaves from candy or chocolate?

I have the link thanks :)

Just had a go at making candy canes -
https://i948.photobucket.com/albums/ad323/Tiggylou/12778f6b.jpg

I made Christmas cupcakes last night :)
I'm not much of a cupcake maker though (prefer cakes)
I'll try and upload pics later.

They are beautiful, Emmy.

Looking forward to seeing your pics, tannembaum.

Sorry they're the wrong way up, my computer is being a pain!
father christmas.jpg

A very rushed christmas tree I did this morning. Think I'm going to do a GCC version of this :)
christmas tree cake.jpg

Fab cakes ladies!

Kitty - that's really good for a first 'big' cake, and brave to do a tiered one too! Keep practising, I'm only just getting to the point where my fondant and cakes look smooth and even (still not perfect though) and it takes a combination of cake levellers, rulers, crumb coating, side scrapers and smoothers...

Tannenbaum - how cute! I'd seen those Santas on the web and bookmarked them to try at some point. Loving the tree too.

Laura - the rose in your profile pic is gorgeous! Hope you're recovering well after your surgery :hugs:

Emmy - those candy canes are amazing! Was it hard to roll the icing together like that without smooshing it all together?

Blob - how much did you charge in the end? The farm cake was lovely, I'm thinking of doing something similar for LOs second birthday. I would have charged at least £35 for that (but I notoriously under charge...). I know what you mean - I don't enjoy it as much when I *have* to make a cake. I was going to quit altogether, but I've just decided to limit how many I do and charge a bit more. Doesn't always work though...

I charged £35 as it was a friend :)

Tannenbaum LOVE the santas!!!!!

Hello Cocoa :wave: I am fine now thank you. Going through a seperation at the moment so baking has been minimal but now the girls are getting into their new routine I should be back a bit more.. Got some halloween ones and some birthday ones this weekend :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->