Heres mine

Attachments

• PA315671.jpg
    PA315671.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 11
  • PA315675.jpg
    PA315675.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 14
just a quick question - when using food colouring, which ones should i get? my local supermarket only sell one type and they dont look very nice :flower:

Use paste :) asda have started doing them, not sure how good they are though :)

Anyone not at the NEC this weekend? I so wanted to go but can't afford to :(

Also how can I get orders?!! Nobody wants cake :cry: don't know why I tried!

Cant help there Emmy as I dont sell mine I'm not good enough lol x Is there a lot of other cake sellers in your area?

GF - they are fab I love the ghosts x

I have a green asda colour paste & its pretty good x

hi ladies, i read this thread and drool over your cuppies all the time :D

i wonder if you could help me think of some nice gifts for my mum who loves making cupcakes?

i was thinking some unusual nozzles or fancy vanilla extract? any specific recommendations would be great. she has most of the basic kit so i'm looking for more special items

Cant help there Emmy as I dont sell mine I'm not good enough lol x Is there a lot of other cake sellers in your area?

GF - they are fab I love the ghosts x

I have a green asda colour paste & its pretty good x

There's only one other near me *sigh*

So I made a giant Christmas tree cupcake last night, it's chocolate orange and soooooo sickly!

https://i948.photobucket.com/albums/ad323/Tiggylou/ec451bc2.jpg

As for cakey gifts, it's my birthday on Thursday and I asked for some embossing mats :) all depends what she already has really. :flower:

My friend had problems selling cupcakes. Its not easy, there are tonnes of people around who make cakes and cupcakes, its so hard but you could always try a fete or market to get yourself out there.

How do you find out about upcoming markets etc? I live in the middle of nowhere and nothing happens here :(

I think that the first year is the problem, I worry I'm going to get nothing and to be fair I don't have TONS of orders but the first year is hard. Have you tried local shops too? Farm shops etc?
How about classes, toddler groups etc school fairs fund raisers etc?

I think that the first year is the problem, I worry I'm going to get nothing and to be fair I don't have TONS of orders but the first year is hard. Have you tried local shops too? Farm shops etc?
How about classes, toddler groups etc school fairs fund raisers etc?

I'm gonna start rooting around, I reckon there will be Christmas things happening from now, see if I can get in there :)

Burnt my thumb quite badly this morning putting a cake in the oven, it's all white and poofy :cry: hurts like hell! I'm so clumsy it's unreal :blush: ew just looked and think it's blistering.... is it possible to bake without an oven to burn myself on lol?? :dohh:

I've just made some Christmas toppers.. Had so much going on lately I havent even sat down to make anything...
I had some to make for a late Halloween this weekend but the girl wanted me to deliver just 12 cupcakes over 5 miles away... Im not doing it cos its not worth it. She thinks they cost next to nothig to make. :wacko:

Im gonna bake some cupcakes tomorrow and do the Christmas toppers for people to see..

My Birthday cake!!

Excuse the dodgy piping, my first attempt :flower:

Before - 2 layers of vanilla and 1 of chocolate in between and covered and filled with chocolate ganache:
https://i948.photobucket.com/albums/ad323/Tiggylou/1a1396fd.jpg

After -
https://i948.photobucket.com/albums/ad323/Tiggylou/1659b199.jpg

Just wanna eaaaaat it!

Mmmmmmmj yummmmmmmyyyyy

I hate that laura when people think its costing a fortune and cakes are so cheap to make :wacko:

Oh my! I now have 3 orders over next weekend! Lol.. 62 cakes in total.

5th birthday for a little boy, 2nd birthday for a little girl and a 11th birthday! x

Peeves me off that! Some girl at uni asked me if I could do a cake for her neices birthday... I quote "Well the ones in the supermarket are so expensive and figured you could do me one for at least half the price... it's only for 20 people"

You just couldn't make it up!!

Hi ladies Ive been following this thread for a wee while now and youve insiped me sooo much! I had never used a piping bag before August now I'm contemplating starting a business - in the future I might add! I dont know how to add pictures or I'd show off! :haha: Not that good yet!!

Sooo....... I was wondering if you ladies could give me some advice on chocolate sponge?! Whenever I made it in the past I have just used the devils cake mix :blush: but Ive been asked to make cupcakes for my LOs friends birthday and as its something thats been on my to do list for so long I wont put it off any longer!

I want to know everything :haha: best chocolate sponge and frosting for piping, pretty please :flower:

TIA you guys are amazing! xxx

Laura kinda awesome so many orders/you'll be sick of cake :haha:

Blondie my fav cakes are in the hummingbird recipe book I'd say get some cupcake books and experiment :)

Hi Blondie :) :wave:

I say get some books. There are so many different recipes and trying them out is the fun part. :)
Hope you enjoy..

I didnt get to make my Christmas Cupcakes, been so busy and they are coming (supposedly) to do my double glazing today so hopefully tomorrow I will be able to.

Love all these amazing cakes!
Could I have a bit of advice? I'm going to attempt to make a cake for LO's birthday party on Saturday and just wondered how far in advance I can do it? Would do it during the day tomorrow but we're having a new boiler fitted and will have to have the gas turned off for a bit. Will be far too stressed on Saturday!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->