Cake Making & Baking Group

Just a wee cake, not made much for ages :(

377129_10150388345672225_516032224_8020178_1440625052_n.jpg

I am craving cake and breakfast food SO BAD! I'm putting raspberry preserves on my grocery list. I'm dying to make cupcakes, using it as a filling or in the frosting.

Evening ladies,

Well, I finally have a pic to share. Tonight I made my first cupcakes with frosting...

And whilst I don't think the outcome is too bad, I need suggestions on icing/frosting as it is wayyyy too sweet for my liking. :sick: I used the Cream Cheese Frosting recipe in the first post: 100g butter, 200g cream cheese, 600g icing sugar. I don't suppose I can just reduce the amount of icing sugar as this would change the consistency of the frosting... And I went with the cream cheese frosting as buttercream is supposed to be even sweeter. :shock:

Attachments

• P1020559.jpg
    P1020559.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 13
Omg LOVE that cake!!! So in awe of people who are good at cakes Andrea on here is my idol :rofl:

Love the cupcakes so cuuuute :)

Has anyone used these?
https://www.thecakedecoratingcompany.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=383&products_id=3207

Ah loving the cupcakes and that cake is just amazing :) Looks so cute.

I was supposed to make some cupcakes on Tuesday but never got round to it so think I will tomorrow.

hi girls :hi: im new to this thread :hi:
was just wondering if anybody could give me a easy recipe for cupcakes? ive never really baked before so need a nice easy recie to ease me in gently :haha:

Wow those cakes are awesome!

Mine made it to Wales and back (280 miles each way) and now has to travel 90 miles today lol, it's the most travelled cake I'll ever make! :haha:

As for a recipe, I usually use 2oz of flour, butter and sugar to every one egg, but I weigh my egg, they're normally about 2oz in weight but if they're heavier/lighter then I adjust the rest of the ingredients to match the weight. Then add some vanilla essence and bake on a low-ish temp until they're cooked through (my oven is awful and it takes about 40 mins for me on 150c so can't say how long a normal oven would take!)
I make my buttercream by guesstimate lol, I don't weigh the ingredients :haha: so google buttercream recipes :)

I can't wait to try out my embossing mats I got for my birthday! Are they easy to use?

All the cakes are fab guys! Pip I have no idea on the icing. I tend to add LOADS of sugar to get t stiffer then normal... but I don't eat them myself.

KItchen is finished so I hope to be able to get baking again this week xxx

hi girls :hi: im new to this thread :hi:
was just wondering if anybody could give me a easy recipe for cupcakes? ive never really baked before so need a nice easy recie to ease me in gently :haha:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.295559495337.324551.702910337&type=1 xxx

Ok - lemme find another link for you love - 2 secs xx

Hopefully this one will work

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.295559495337.324551.702910337&type=1&l=7464796ba5

Ok - lemme find another link for you love - 2 secs xx

Hopefully this one will work

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.295559495337.324551.702910337&type=1&l=7464796ba5

:thumbup::thumbup:thank u....am gunna make them later, fingers crossed they look like yours :happydance:

After a bit of advice ladies please.

Im planning on making my daughters birthday cake and was thinking a princess castle. Was going to attempt a Hello Kitty cake but thought it may be a bit difficult for my first go.

What would be the best icing to use? Obviously after a pink coloured one. And what do you use to stick the icing to the cake? And the swiss rolls to the main cake?

Her party is a week after her birthday so Im going to do a practice one for her birthday ready for the main one for her party.

Any other tips would be great for a novice.

Ive had a look through this thread and the cakes are amazing, you are so talented. I hope my cake turns out half as good as these ones

I love the toy story cake, its fab x
The cupcakes are lush too x

I havent made any in a while really must get back into it x
Barbles - On Ace of Cakes they cover the cake in buttercream before putting the icing on so that might help x Good luck x

Barbles, I am terrible at covering cake in fondant but I use buttercream on a cold cake then put the fondant on after putting the buttercreamed cake in the fridge to set a little. But mine keep going tits up so don't try my method :haha:

Instead of doing housework today I baked lmao, here are my results, I used my new embossing mats (welkl one of them) and some new lustre dust I got from the local cake shop which is closing down so everything is 35% off! (there's another one int eh other direction from me so I'm not totally upset lol)

https://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/374643_174634139297635_153505481410501_340256_434003124_n.jpg

Also tried making truffles which failed.... how do you stop the chocolate from sticking to the mould?!!

Just chocolate with vanilla buttercream :) they're quite sickly lol
Im loving the embossing mats! I want to emboss everything :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"