Cake Making & Baking Group

God no! LOL They are clay! Lol theres more too the cake than that but keeping the rest a suprise until Saturday ... if I can keep my gob shut that long :haha: xx

Wow the vivid red and blue look great!
Love the yellow butterflies,so pretty :)

Thats fantastic Caitlinsmummy!

it looks fantastic kelly :thumbup:

andrea what colourings did u use to get them sooooo bright ??

i went to the cake shop today and got some letters but they only had the lower case in and they had no luster spray :(

I went today leanne and got some letters.

What is lustre spray and what do you use it for xx

I went today leanne and got some letters.

What is lustre spray and what do you use it for xx

https://allcakesupplies.com/store/images/Luster%20Spray.bmp

i use it just to make my cakes look a bit nicer and glittery x

Any one got any tips for using the letters ??

ive tried a couple of times tonight and they either get stuck in the stencil or miss shape when i move??

argh I had this trouble too! Ended up messaging Tracey and found tips online!

Roll out your fondant and leave it to dry out for a while, 15 mins will do but the longe rthe better.
Rub the stencil in icing sugar and tap it quite hard once you have cut, should come out no problem then :)

hi girls...lovely cupcakes andrea....i have some boxes very similar to that...scalloped edge, but not coloured, and i dont have the inserts.

lovely cake caitlinsmummy, i bet he'll love it!!!! ive seen those claydough animals n ark before :)

:) xxx

Anymore latest designs Tracey?? I love seeing your cakes!! :D

Oh btw I got a cupcake nozzle too :happydance: Its a plastic one and I need to use it with a piping bag hope I manage to do it ok coz I haven't a clue how to use a piping bag LOL Bet they are going to end up a mess :cry: xx

caitlinsmummy...piping is pretty easy...you should get the hang of it in no time. cupcake piping is the easiest, all you need to make sure is that your icing is the right consistancy....too stiff n youll find yourself with one arm like popeye LOL too sloppy and youll find that nice shape you piped will start to melt after a couple of seconds....n 5 mins later its just a blob. youll know its right when u can make 'peaks' in the icing with a knife. :)

no latest designs yet...i start making one on monday...ive had a week off!! id have done some cupcakes or something but its world war 3 around here at the minute LOL

Girls have you got a recipe for chocolate buttercream and also a strawberry or vanilla one?
I fancy making some cupcakes for the weekend and would love them to look all fancy! lol
xx

Today i have made:
Lemon cupcakes....me and OH tried one and they are lush
I have cooking vanilla cupcakes and also some white chocolate marshmellow ones
i have ready to mix chocolate cupcakes, m&ms onces and chocolate and marshmellow cupcakes

I am going out in a bit to buy the tools needed to ice them so icing bags, a 'coupler' thing sp and a nozzle! so will be icing later

pinkgirl, Wilton do a cupcake set, it gives you 3-4 nozzles and everything else you need to do cupcakes :)

here is one on Amazon..... might be cheaper than buying it all seperately!
https://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31bmQXferXL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

https://www.amazon.co.uk/12-piece-cupcake-decorating-set/dp/B000NBNHT2/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=kitchen&qid=1266507097&sr=8-3

Going to ask a bit of advice again please ladies! :thumbup: :flower:

How do I stop my cakes from rising more in the middle. My cupcakes keep coming out of the oven like mountains :rofl:

xx

too high a setting i think hun, turn your oven down abit n dont put ur shelf too high :)

Thanks hun will try that next time. Also how do you get yours soo straight!! :shock:

I usually have it on around 170 for cupcakes and on the middle shelf for about 15-20 minutes xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->