Cake Making & Baking Group

OMG those cupcakes look fantastic Tapergirljean!! Where did you buy the cases from please?

Does anyone know where I can buy a Pokemon novelty cake tin at a reasonable price please?

OMG those cupcakes look fantastic Tapergirljean!! Where did you buy the cases from please?

Does anyone know where I can buy a Pokemon novelty cake tin at a reasonable price please?

Thank you :)

Not sure, have you tried ebay? Wilton do make one but I havent seen one lately!

I got my cases online from https://blueribbons.co.uk

:) first time ive ordered from them and they are fanatastic, order was here the next day!

Thankyou, i have brought some bags and that today so going to give that ago.

I have recipe for buttercream....but how do i make chocolate one?

x

Hiya, iv ot another question for you ladies...i want to do a cake for my DFs birthday which is april...so iv got some time to practise lol
what do u use t make ur sugar decorations?
xxxxxxx

ive just bought that wilton set! its got the nozzel in i want, i cant seem to find it anywhere else very easily x

yep its in that set, on the wilton site there is a video which shows u how it makes fab swirls

i bought a new bekenal one off ebay, the guy said it was brand new but when I got it it was all scratched!
So he sent me another one! So now I have 2 incase I'm doing different colours!

They are the best one's that i have used though, think they were £2.55 each :)

I have recipe for buttercream....but how do i make chocolate one?

x
just add cocoa hun!! its the easiest way :)

Hiya, iv ot another question for you ladies...i want to do a cake for my DFs birthday which is april...so iv got some time to practise lol
what do u use t make ur sugar decorations?
xxxxxxx

depends on what sort of decorations you want...usually just fondant will do, but if they need to be stronger to hold shape for some reason u can add 'gum tragacanth'. otherwise u could just use modelling paste :)

i bought a new bekenal one off ebay, the guy said it was brand new but when I got it it was all scratched!
So he sent me another one! So now I have 2 incase I'm doing different colours!

They are the best one's that i have used though, think they were £2.55 each :)

andrea, i think i may have just bought the same one...im just waiting for it to arrive...mine cost £2.55 so sounds like the same one!!!

They def arent new Tracey but really good quality :) and the packaging smells of smoke too ...bah!

But they wash and they are good nozzles!!

yup!
Or you could message him and tell him they arent new and end up with another one!! hehe

:muaha:

Ok girls, I have a tip of the day!!!!!

Been sorting out all my cake decorating stuff as my kitchen is becoming a total nightmare!! (its not that big!)

and usually I keep the little tubs that the Betty Crocker fudge icng comes in to mix icing colours etc, but I was going to throw some away because I have tons!!

BUT...... (sorry this is turning into a novel!)
I am going to keep all my different coloured cupcake cases in them! They are the perfect size and stop them being squashed! Just wrote on the sode of the tub with a sharpie pen what colour is in them! :D

i didnt realise how many different ones I had till I sorted them out, its becoming an obsession!

Where do you lot store everything? Do you all have big kitchens?

I put a load of mine in a big plastic box with lid yesterday and its on top on my fridge but i still have loads left out!

i have my stuff in here

https://www.focusdiy.co.uk/Powertool-Accessories/Stanley-Mobile-Workcentre/invt/214945

but desperately need a new one!!

all my tins are kept in boxes hidden away

you wouldnt want to see how i keep my stuff!!

i have a double kitchen cupboard full (3 shelves inside), i have a large cupboard with all my cake tins in, one whole side of the top of the cupboards has my cake boards on it. i have 2 sets of plastic drawers under a breakfast bar full of icing, and a massive set of drawers in the back hall.

all my colourings n cutters are kept in 2 tool boxes LOL

Mine is all slowly moving into boxes on top of my wardrobe in the bedroom!!

We really need to move to a bigger house!

yeah i do too...we only have a 2 bedroomed....and we now have a boy, and a girl!!
but the next house HAS to have a big kitchen!! LOL

trouble is we dont earn enough to have a mortgage...no-one will give us one, and staying with the council (greenvale homes) to get a decent 3 bedroom is near impossible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->