Cake Making & Baking Group

I am super impressed! Well done!

I am having a VERY bad day! My cooker has died on me!!!! I have a cake ordered for Sunday, which if need be I will be making at SIL's house.

But next week I am due to make a mahooosive cake for a birthday party of 80, and aparently they all want a bit so it needs to be quite big!
I just hope I can get a cooker delivered in time cos I wouldnt feel right using someone elses power and hogging their kitchen all day for that one!!

thats really really cute, where did u get your figures from ?

Its the Fisher-price Little People Zoo - got the set off ebay :)

TJG - Hope your cooker gets sorted soon, Not only for your cakes but general day to day dinners lol!! These things always happen when u dont need them too :S

Gwizz...i think ur cake is utterly amazing!! its mega cute and youve used lots of toffees/biscuits etc really creatively...im in awe of it!!

kriskitten...the cutters are called funky. :) xx

i have some more marsbar melts n t's choc orange to do on friday....

cant wait to see more of everyones cake pics!!!

o BTW, the waterfall was made from chocolate flavoured fondant, with piping gel xx

grrrrrr some people make me mad!!!

theres someone who wants a wedding cake off me ,
shes messaged me yesterday and i said that i will do one the best i can but she needs to understand that i am not professional to any standard , she said she accepted that and liked the cakes that i had done previously.

she told me what she wanted - all fruit 12 10 8 with ribbon , piped hearts, fancy trim etc

i priced it up and even using the cheapest stuff i can find to actually make it it will cost £109 without the 14 hours the cakes will be in the oven or the labour costs

she says she wants it for £100 and im like :saywhat:

the cake she showed me as an example was £440 does she think that these people make over £300 profit on cakes that they make???

so ive told her to have a look else where to see if she can get anyone to make it cheaper

rant over !! :rofl:

Good on you Lea! Cheeky cow!! Tell her to buy all the ingredients and give her a list and then tell her its £100 on top for labour then see waht she says :rofl: xx

ive gave her an itemised list of what i would need so she knew i wasnt lying :rofl:

she wants it for the middle of april which is quite near and i got alex's cakes to make too so i dunno if i wanna make it but will need the money if rob loses his job

is it for fruit cakes? You could make them well in advance if it is :)

Some people have no idea do they!!

did you list her the cake boards/boxes ribbons etc, cos I find they are all the bits that add alot onto it

cheeky cow!! tell her where to go n do whats most important...alex's birthday cake!!

i know u sed u need the money hun...but your not guna actually earn anything...then youll have less time to do alex's n spend time away from him doing cakes for nothing!!! what a cheek!

Lol the cheek of it ... Id be over the moon with £220 - £250 to pay for a wedding cake if it would have cost £440 - Half price!!! let alone £109! ... your too nice for your own good by the sounds of it lol!

wow some of these cakes are fab! well donr girls.

Ive been posting in thew other thread but it seems to have gone a bit dead:wacko: can I come in here?

I am learning....I only ever made a cake at school:blush:

My goal is to make this cake for Leo's 1st birthday on 17th april:thumbup:

but replace the one character on the top with 5 smaller figures from yo gabba gabba.:thumbup:

My first ever cake is in the oven!!!!! I'm going to have a few go's at getting the sponge right before I start with the decorating.

:hugs:

good luck jac cant wait to see pics!!

it will look fab!!

does anyone know where i can get the little star cutter like whats on the board here ?

https://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee164/cakesbyjean/1cake-Luke.jpg

Ohhh I dont know but thats lovely!

My first ever cake is ready:blush:

I was covered in icing sugar:haha: it was all over me, my kitchen looked like a bombs hit it ...but here's my cake

fresh out of the oven
https://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y25/jakscooby/bnb%20selling/IMG_4168.jpg

and with buttercream and jam (recipe curtesy of TJG)
https://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y25/jakscooby/bnb%20selling/IMG_4177.jpg
https://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y25/jakscooby/bnb%20selling/IMG_4178.jpg

a few little glitches, like i used all the icing sugar and dint have any to sieve over the cake at the end so i got the box out of the bin and shook it over, it came out in a big lump:blush:, My cut was a little wonky on one side and i think theres too much buttercream.....is it meant to spurge out of the sides?

:hugs:

wow well done Jac! It looks fab, if you were just having it like that (a victoria sponge) it would be fine to have that much buttercream! I tend to use a little less than that when I am covering them in fondant :)

It looks amazing for your first go!

Leanne have you tried ebay? I have a few sets with stars al different sizes and I'm sure that where I got them!

My spangly new cooker arrives tomorrow!!! It is all stainless steel and ceramic inside so i am a bit scared of using it!!
Will need to have a practice cake tomorrow as I have to make one for real on Saturday!

oooh bet ur excited!! mines really old,could do with a new one but dont think ill be getting one anytime soon!

https://www.jmldirect.com/product.a...tm_campaign=JML_Products_2&changecurrency=GBP

Is this tin any good peeps?

Zoe I would just carve a cupcake, I was scared to do it but it turned out quite easy!

Aparently if you do it in the giant cupcake tins they go stodgy in the middle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->