Cake Making & Baking Group

I keep running out of stuff, need more icing/castor sugar ohhh and could do with a couple of hens:rofl:

yeah i use trex n find it great...i sprinkle with flour though coz sometimes it can make the edges a little greasy n crusty

oooo good look with the covering in fondant! cant wait to see...this is where the fun begins and ur imagination can run wild!! u can cover in stripes, spots, leopard print, zebra stripes, tiger stripes, flowers, zigzags...its endless!! have fun!!

yeah i run out off stuff too...mostly icing sugar n eggs!! though i ran out of cocoa powder the other day...n jam!! LOL

Jac, this is all your fault lol. Remeber what you posted the link of to me! Well haha here goes. Not in as much detail though! And i couldn't get hold of you on msn last night for coffee today lol, so now im making a cake :rofl:brb offto asda :haha:

yeah i use trex n find it great...i sprinkle with flour though coz sometimes it can make the edges a little greasy n crusty

oooo good look with the covering in fondant! cant wait to see...this is where the fun begins and ur imagination can run wild!! u can cover in stripes, spots, leopard print, zebra stripes, tiger stripes, flowers, zigzags...its endless!! have fun!!

yeah i run out off stuff too...mostly icing sugar n eggs!! though i ran out of cocoa powder the other day...n jam!! LOL

can i ask you hun, is it best to cut off all the crusty edges sides before you cover in fondant?

Jac, this is all your fault lol. Remeber what you posted the link of to me! Well haha here goes. Not in as much detail though! And i couldn't get hold of you on msn last night for coffee today lol, so now im making a cake :rofl:brb offto asda :haha:

ohh wow...cant wait to see it! You CAN do it!

well the top can get a little crusty now and again, i always level the tops off.....but ever since using the trex and flour i havent had crusty edges.
but id leave yours on hun...only because if u cut them off, the sides will be very spongey and crumby and you may not get a lovely circled edge when covering in fondant. try dusting the tins with flour n see how the edges come out xxx

Wow, all your cakes are fab! Wish i could do stuff like that!

I made sum cakes yesterday and they werent too bad for my 1st attempt. (ive made cakes loads before with the kids but never tried to ice them properly)

https://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj318/lorrilou_2008/cakes012.jpg

https://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj318/lorrilou_2008/cakes009.jpg

Wow this thread moves quick lol!

Gorgeous cakes girls all of them and that malteser fudge looked yummy!! Mmmmmmmm

xxxxxxxxxx

Thanks nuttymummy, im really enjoying this baking lark. Just wish the tiler would hurry up and come and finish my kitchen, i wanna make some more!!:hissy:

I just made my cupcakes but they looks rubbish! My piping nozzle is too small need a bigger one I think!

i bought a wilton icing set from ebay and its great. it has 4 different nozzles, one of which is the 1M which is the big nozzle perfect for cupcakes, i think i only paid £12 odd for it.

i would've put a link on but i dont know how!

lovely cakes girls!

is it wrong to be munching chocolate cake at this time if the day?!
hehe :blush:

good luck with fondant jac!

deffo not andrea, id be munching it too if i had some LOL

just got a golden anniversary cake to do this week n some black forest cupcakes n thats it.
anniversary cake is just another boring round one with fabric roses n gold dragees (i dont like them they look almost green!!) but its what the customer wants! :(

katycam, im sure they arent hun!!! get ur pic up...bet they are great! xxxx

cakes in the oven girls!:happydance:

going out this afternoon to pick up the fondant....gutted though as my new rolling pin hasn't arrived yet, can I use my wooden one?

It's a wooden one ive got lol, asda dont do a lot! THe video i watched though has a lonnnnnng plastic one. go on youtube jac and search for rolled out icing. shows you a square one, handy for your green ones ;)

Argghh it's topsy turvy cake making day as lilly's birthday is tomorrow so scared it's going to go horribly wrong definitely a big challenge for me i've already started my first batch of cakes in the oven but got to do 2 tiers or 3 layer cakes so going to be in the kitchen all day, really need to get a magimix my arms are already aching doing it all by hand. Going to have serious guns by the end of the day.

Me and OH are decorating the cake together tonight so after the cakes are cooked and cooled a bit, do i wrap them in cling film and keep them in fridge or freezer until later when we come to do fondant. Thanks.

theres no problem with using wooden rolling pins girls....but mine is a long white one with no handles on the end (so it doesnt leave impressions in the icing) theres no really right and wrong in cake making :)

ooo katie and bump!! good luck hun, i would have started the cakes yesterday!! when i have cakes waiting to be iced, i just either wrap them in foil, or put them in a large container i have x

cant wait to see it! bet its guna look great! xx

theres no problem with using wooden rolling pins girls....but mine is a long white one with no handles on the end (so it doesnt leave impressions in the icing) theres no really right and wrong in cake making :)

ooo katie and bump!! good luck hun, i would have started the cakes yesterday!! when i have cakes waiting to be iced, i just either wrap them in foil, or put them in a large container i have x

cant wait to see it! bet its guna look great! xx

Thats the kind Ive ordered (long white plastic) but its not come yet..grrrr!

im going to put my cake in a cake tin, until later will that be ok, or would you wrap in foil too?

i bought a wilton icing set from ebay and its great. it has 4 different nozzles, one of which is the 1M which is the big nozzle perfect for cupcakes, i think i only paid £12 odd for it.

i would've put a link on but i dont know how!

do you know the name of the ebay seller i could really do with one of these x

Thanks nuttymummy disaster has struck though postie didn't bring the icing smoother with handle so should def be here tomorrow and at least the cakes will all be done then. Even though lil's birthday is tomorrow we've got family coming up on friday so not too much pressure to get it done till then. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->