Cake Making & Baking Group

jac....these are pretty basic in design...once youve got the 'cake covering' under your belt there will be no stopping you!! it wont be long before you can make cakes like those!

kelly i have cupcakes to make today for mothers day 2moro....i forgot i ran out of cocoa though so OH is at asda now! LOL
i run out of stuff to...and its mainly eggs!

ohh kelly yum yum, sounds lovely, although my dinner is a shake:wacko:

Ohh come on Tesco...I wanna make a cake:hissy:

Not sure if I'm actually going to be able to do it! I've got one of my headaches back again and my head is really banging :cry: I'm going to get some paracetamol a cuppa tea and head to bed for a few hours. My sister has taken Caitlin into town so OH can manage with Thomas on his own!

ooh I bought the icing nossels from Lakeland and it makes perfect Mr Whippy style icing (very happy this morning :))
The disposable icing bags from there are good too, nice and thick.

My icing went a bit funny though, it went crumby??? Added a few drops of milk and it fixed it. Its never went crumby before!
DSC01179.jpg

excellent job charliebear!!! very cute and just so perfect!!

buttercream gets crumbly when its setting/drying out...a few drops of milk and a few extra stirs usually sort it!!

heres the giftboxes all fresh and ready for 2moro!
https://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs428.ash1/23707_362063308322_509248322_3643397_4106922_n.jpg

gorgeous cupcakes girls!!

Today I got a craving for chocolate cake!

So they are just out of the oven so will pipe some chocolate fudge on them later!Mmmmm

Awww they are really lovely NuttyMummy,chocolate icing looks very luxurious and rich!

hey girlies

Was so happy this morning when my new piping nozzle arrived! yey
Only thing i was annoyed with was some cake cases i had ordered...pastel colours in muffin sized. They were only wrapped up and not in a box. the cake cases which were on the bottom...the pink ones...the main colour i wanted were all expanded/squashed out! oh well.

oh and also i went into TK maxx today...always stop by...they must of had a big delivery of baking things...lotsof wilton cutters and that. I bought the wilton daisie cutters for £2.99 and some PMD (not sure if i had right company) i bought their butterfly cutter! i also got some cupcake wrappers for out wedding cupcakes. Want to go back as they had a wilton mini cupcake baking tray for £5.99l

right i have iced some vanilla cupcakes with a strawberry buttercream and then have another batch to ice with vanilla buttercream. Will ice the lemon and chocolate ones in the morning
x

Anyone know of a good way or decorations i could use for doing a Sonic/Mario or nintendo character cake or cupcakes...

Got to be simple as i'm not great or confident....

gorgeous cupcakes girls!!

Today I got a craving for chocolate cake!

So they are just out of the oven so will pipe some chocolate fudge on them later!Mmmmm

How do you make chocolate fudge topping.
You girls have such creative imaginations.

I have some choclate muffins to pipe in the morning and was just going to do normal chocolate and decorate with bits.

Nuttymummy those look yummy, love the heart decorations on them to!
Will take some piccies in a bit..if not in the morning when its lighter
x

oh wow nuttymummy - you are SO talented! amazing cake and cupcakes hon!
i made my gramps a cake in the end :blush: yesterday a giant cupcake tin turned up from OH, a present for mothers day :D so i tried it out! came out ok-ish - needs so much practice! and i made a batch of vanilla cupcakes and vanilla with chocolate topping. though i was disappointed with the vanilla frosting as it was just too running :dohh: i need sooooo much practise with my piping i can tell you :lol:

My little cousin came round today and said he hadn't got a present for Mummy for tomorrow so i asked if he wanted me to bake a quick cake whilst he was here for her.

Just a chocolate sponge with vanilla icing :)

https://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a378/kezzybabes/cakey6.jpg

https://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a378/kezzybabes/cakey5.jpg

Right going to pipe the icing for the chocoate and the lemon cupcakes then will put some piccies up
x

Well I have just put some vanilla cupcakes in as a last minute gift for mum and MIL for mothers day! Will ice them at around 11 and take them for lunch time :) Will post a piccie once they are done xx

Well I managed to get some eggs, so I can do our Mothers day cupcakes.
But OMG, I used 4 eggs as they were only small and ended up with a massive bowl of cake mix...oopsie :dohh:
So now I have 20+ cupcakes to ice! Good job were going to a family meal!!

aww thanks!! i dont see myself as talented though :lol:

thats is SOOOO sweet that ur OH bought u a cupcake tin....its mega thoughtful! my OH wont buy me anything cake related (to bake with) hes sick of the sight of icing sugar etc....he does buy me cupcake stuff though, like cupcake mugs, aprons etc LOL
thats so sweet of him!!

cant wait to see all your cupcakes girlies!

and glitterfairy that cake looks soooo yum! i have some of those curls and white choc stars stocked up for the cupcake ideas i have in my head!

The white choc stars are REALLY yummy!

Does anyone use silver spoon icing sugar? Wow that stuff goes everywhere!

I hope no one is getting bored/annoyed of me putting up pics of my crappy cakes compared to all of yours.

are they? i havent tried any yet!

yeah i use silver spoon...i dont think ive used anything else? yes it gets everywhere!!! LOL its usually inside my breadbin and everything LOL

dont be daft hun your cakes are lovely!! i love to see how everyone is progressing! it me who thinks people are going to get bored of my basic cakes!! lately they have all just been round ones with something on them!! as is my next cake order too! i like to try different shaped ones... (even though they are very daunting to make!)
cant wait to see your next pics! xx

I made some cupcakes yesterday but my buttercream frosting was too soft. What recipes do you ladies use for your frosting? X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->