Cake Making & Baking Group

I usually just do simple buttercream.Butter and icing sugar and sometimes i add a flavour and if it's not runny enough i put in a little milk.

LOL Pink! My choccy fudge isnt very inventive, its betty Crockers out of a tub!! It tastes amazing and is much less hassle, I suppose if I was making it as much as I made buttercream I would learn how to make it but I only use it once in a while cos most people want plain vanilla cakes! (if it was me I'd have chocolate all the time!!)

got a question for you's

i usually get the icing sugar or the royal icing sugar but i have seen a new Fondant icing sugar in asda has anyone used it before??

aaahh it is used for what Holly was after!!!

You know the icing that is on Cherry bakewells and iced fancies?! Its for that.....

here is the Silver Spoon link....
https://www.silverspoon.co.uk/home/about-us/news/fondant-new-product

I used the fondant icing sugar today for my cupcakes!! Although I mixed it with butter to make butter cream icing, it was lovely & very glossy :)

x

LOL! I've added some to this weeks asda order! Will try it out when I have time!

Hiya ladies...just spent a good hour catching up lol..obviously having to pause to look up nozzles you're describing and settle the LO back down etc but still :haha:
I am SO chuffed.
I went to the cake shop i posted about to find out it had closed down...and a new one had opened 3 doors down. The woman in the new one has bought all of the old stock from the other and is selling it cheap.
Including 500g of Regalice fondant in cream, bright yellow, baby blue and baby pink that shes selling for a pound each! She reckons they arent very good coz they are hard, so i bought a block went home and kneaded it for an extra 5 mns and there is absolutley nothing wrong with it! At all!
So iv since bought about £40 worth for about £15 and im sending OH back for some more tomorow :rofl:
Plus shes also got 10% all cutter buys so i got a few pounds off some letters and plunger cutters...i love this shop!!
I havent been able to practise over the last week coz iv had flu but look out for my posts this week...i need to try and make the arch for OHs bday cake and also practise my sugar glass.
Plus iv got some fondant to use! :D:D:D:D xxxx

Also nuttymummy i LOVE the 'fluff' you use around ur cakes...isnt it annoying when it comes to eating tho lol?
Your cakes are fantastic, and ur cupcakes have forced me into demolishing a pack of choccy biccys :haha: xxxx

OOOohhhh! I wish I had a cheap cake shop near me!!
Honestly there is nothing like that here!
Probably be Edinburgh or Glasgow if I wanted to just go and buy something, I buy everything online!

I'm just about to make a batch of cupcakes and try doing a better buttercream. What size is the whippy style nozzle? X

aww thanks kriskitten i have no idea about the fluff, i never get to eat any :rofl:
though its only stuck to the board with a blob of icing at the back so it should come off easy...it molts quite abit but if you put it in the fridge for 10 mins before using it,....it doesnt molt! dont know why, but it works|! LOL

and thats brill getting your 500g for £1....absolute bargain!! no wonder you bought alot more...i would too!

Found this group through jacqui and noseying lol! QUick question (purely jac's fault, will reveal more later) But if you use that ready to roll icing, whats the best way to stick it to a plain cake....jam? chocolate....as i don't want it to be just a dry cake, but victoria sponge type will be too high iykwim!?

And the whole butter flour thing - that the best way for non stick cakes lol?

Oh dear I feeel a serious disaster coming on :rofl:

*ohh and off to find a cake recipe haha*

hiya!!

well i stick the fondant to the cake with buttercream.

and for non stick, i grease the tine with trex.....then tip flour in and swish it around till the flour has coated the trex. then just ad your mix n bung it in the oven!!! xx

okie, i might try that instead.

Trex...just had to google it :haha: I'll go find that in asda too, what's the best butter/marg to use? seen's as your online, i can pick your brains before I go haha. I only ever have diet/light stuff at home, and i know that don't work!

stork marge for buttercream and I use stork butter for cake mix too:thumbup:

Tracey, I used just the trex and it worked a treat, no flour...lol, I find the wilton stuff superb though!

well I might take my fist bash at doing this fondant lark tonight, over a plain vanilla sponge....I gotta practice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->