CALIFORNIA?

Moving to southern Cali. Rosamond near Edwards afb :) DH is in the air force currently stationed in the UK, I'm british and DH is from Santa Barbara, CA.
So it's going to be awesome to have family around!! :D in the process of buying a house too and now a little beany! Exciting times!

Where abouts are you? :)

We are at Camp Pendleton in Southern California. I think that's about 200 miles south of you. I'm from Irvine, so that's about 120 miles south of where you will be. You will love California, every time I leave I just can't wait to get home. My mom is from Santa Barbara born and raised! We spend a lot of time there with family!

Congrats on your new baby!! You have lots of good things coming to you!!

Anybody in LA, particularly in the Valley? Wish I had a pregnant buddy I can meet up and talk with. Need a buddy to have a big fat lunch with :)

Anybody in LA, particularly in the Valley? Wish I had a pregnant buddy I can meet up and talk with. Need a buddy to have a big fat lunch with :)

:wave: not in L.A. but about 45 min south of L.A. depending on traffic haha

I'm actually in Oklahoma with my husband but will be home in a month, and I can't wait to be back in California. My husbands family is in Simi Valley so we go through L.A. a lot

Hi everyone, newbie here. Im in the central valley (work in the bay area) and very happy to see all the californians here! :thumbup:

No you are not alone! I just found the forums today and would love to meet up with you some time! Where are you located and how busy is your schedule? I get pretty busy but would love to meet some new moms! :thumbup:

No you are not alone! I just found the forums today and would love to meet up with you some time! Where are you located and how busy is your schedule? I get pretty busy but would love to meet some new moms! :thumbup:

Me? Not busy at all. I'm like a stay at home wifey but not married. Haha...But mostly day time. We should try to have a group pregnant mommy day, eh? I'm in the valley...Are you in LA?

Hello, just wanted to say HI to my fellow Californians. Anyone else North of Sacramento?

This is awesome that we have some members from my area. I am closer to Sacramento but if you want to get together let me know and I can make it work!

Hi ladies, im 5weeks along and this is my first. I live in the bay area.
While I have your attention. Can anyone tell me what to expect of my first appointment with the dr. just after 6 weeks? I'm very curious about what tests might be done and what they can possibly tell about my little one.

Welcome and congrats Maya!

First visit...blood tests, pee tests, usually a full physical, feeling to see how large baby is, making sure that all is going well. Lots of questions too. It's usually too early at 6wks for an ultrasound. Unless Dr wants to make sure of something.

Hi ladies, im 5weeks along and this is my first. I live in the bay area.
While I have your attention. Can anyone tell me what to expect of my first appointment with the dr. just after 6 weeks? I'm very curious about what tests might be done and what they can possibly tell about my little one.

Hello and Congrats!

First appointment usually is a lot of paperwork, questions for you and doctor, pee test, blood tests, general physical, if you haven't had a pap done in a year they will probably do one at this time, go over your general schedule of appointments, blood pressure, weight, due date according to your last period and depending on the doctor will have an internal scan done or not.

Hi there,
Im from the central valley, nice to see so many fellow Californians here!

Had a question too, how many ultrasounds do you typically get during your pregnancy?
And besides AIM, are there any other state programs I should sign up for??

Hi :wave:

As far as ultrasounds, it depends on your doctor and your insurance. I had quite a few during my pregnancy but it was cause my insurance allowed them. Though I've had friend's who have only had 2-3.

What type of programs do you mean? Like for benefits?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->