call me stupid but if you take your temp twice

JulianasMommy

Two awesome kiddos! :)
Reaction score
in a row like right after one another which one is right? Like if one is 97.16 and the other is 98.16

I know. I always take mine at least twice. And the second one is always higher (usually not that much, but still higher). I go by the second temp...but I don't really know why or what you should be doing in that situation!

You should always go by the first one, because by the second one you'll have moved around/woken up a little bit more and it'll almost certainly be higher, but it's a false high.

Juliana - I seen a few of your posts and see your new to charting. Have you done the charting course on fertility friend? There's a link to it on the bar at the left hand side of the page under education. It's a really good resource and teaches you a lot. I still go back to it and the tutorials when I can't remember something or have a question.

You should always go by the first one, because by the second one you'll have moved around/woken up a little bit more and it'll almost certainly be higher, but it's a false high.

Thanks! I usually find that my second temp is about 0.04 degree higher. Nothing major, but I always wondered why. Thanks for the info!

I've also found if the thermometer moves around in my mouth too much it skews the reading. If you take it lying down and hold it in place I think the first should be more accurate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->