Call the midwife.... recent episode... my goodness!

T

Toms Mummy

Anyone watching?

It's a really graphic one! I nearly fainted!

It's interesting to understand and see what happens in that era but my goodness!

It was horrible - 17 weeks would have looked like a baby - doesn't bear thinking about

Just horrible :( I remember watching similar scenes in another 50s drama as a young teenager (probably not something I was allowed to watch lol) but it didn't affect me as much because I didn't have kids then. That poor woman. I am pro-life but the situation in those days with no reliable free contraception available either and also the welfare state being in its infancy, it beggars belief :( xx

It was really interesting to watch, but I wonder if the BBC will get complaints about it?

I don't see why it would if anyone watching was thinking of doing it backstreet it showed what could have happened - that she nearly died - scarey

/\ /\ I did too! It was informative though! I'd be suprised if anyone went though with someting like that nowadays, but then again abortion is illegal in N Ireland and there's been loads in the news recently about the illegal pill being bought by women in NI

I am glad it is legal to have one now in the UK or I reckon this would still be quite common!

It was really interesting to watch, but I wonder if the BBC will get complaints about it?

there have been loads, saying it wasnt suitable before the watershed as kids shouldnt see that. i personally dont think its suitable for kids anyway.

i did find it uncomfortable viewing but its what happened and you didnt see anything graphic.

I love call the midwife. I think the last three (I think it was, baby died, spina bifida and then abortion) have been really hard hitting but informative.

Not something a child should be watching really - yes it shows how they dealt with those things

I have just caught up with previous episodes, where the baby dies and the twins are born.... I cried for a whole 2 hours! But really interesting and informative... through the tears!

When is it on? I just bought the first series on DVD but I thought that was the end of it

I love the show, but didn't enjoy last weeks episode. The mother really annoyed me in it.

I love call the midwife. It was hard to watch but I dont think it shouldnt have been shown. It shows us a real insight in to what life was like and how lucky we all are now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->