Call the midwife....

I really enjoyed this too. Looking forward to Sundays espisode, the trailer where Miranda falls off her bike has me in stitches!

Im watching the first episode and im not impressed.....my Mum made my Dad switch the TV off when the women gave birth, so I told her to shut up and put it back on haha

I think its brilliant! I love how they have that 'midwife' vibe even though its dramtised and set years ago

yes that was sad :*( but, she should have known/been told that thats what happens... So sad for her though, but the lady who got her C-section baby awwwww!!!!

I'm debating if i should get the books to read?
Loving the series,was so sad last night but the storylines keep me really interested for the whole hour.

I am loving it so far, im so sad i look forward to it all week. :) Might get the books back out and have another read :)

I find it slightly odd that they didn't give the full story about what happened to Mary later - she actually stole a baby and was caught trying to catch a boat to Ireland
Mary was angry that I could not get her baby back. When I wrote to her later, she didn't reply. Years later, when I was happily married with two children, I saw a front page story about a baby being snatched from a pram in Manchester.
Fourteen days later, a woman was caught at Liverpool docks, about to board a boat for Ireland, carrying the missing child. A few days later the woman's picture was published. It was Mary. She was jailed for three years. She was just 21.

Read more: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-460859/Memories-midwife-bicycle.html#ixzz1kIlUgpjl

When is it repeated? I missed it last night, I cant catch up on iplayer as outside uk. .

I'm in love with it. I love the idea of how theu all used to live :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->