Call the midwife....

Yes liked this episode, dealing with eclampsia :( so sad

Hopefully there will be a token happy baby story next week lol!

I find it slightly odd that they didn't give the full story about what happened to Mary later - she actually stole a baby and was caught trying to catch a boat to Ireland
Mary was angry that I could not get her baby back. When I wrote to her later, she didn't reply. Years later, when I was happily married with two children, I saw a front page story about a baby being snatched from a pram in Manchester.
Fourteen days later, a woman was caught at Liverpool docks, about to board a boat for Ireland, carrying the missing child. A few days later the woman's picture was published. It was Mary. She was jailed for three years. She was just 21.

Read more: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-460859/Memories-midwife-bicycle.html#ixzz1kIlUgpjl

Hope you watched last night!!

I really love this show. Am going to get OH to buy me the box set when it comes out. The acting is superb, it's so well styled and a perfect balance of funny/heartbreaking. Even my OH is loving it and he usually hates these type of dramas.

I did lol. In the book the MW just heard about the abduction rather than being involved, but this way did make for better tv lol

arghhhh i love thiss programee :( i love the idea of living in that era :(

Really? i am SO glad i live in an era where children are well cared for, workers rights are good, we are not all living in the shadow of two nasty, nasty wars and people are actually looked after a lot better!

I see nothing romantic about living in filth, or seeing other people live in filth whilst you are rich enough to avoid it.

i dont know, its how much the familys love each other ect. probs not that era but 60s i like the sound of.
it reminds me of listening to my mum telling me about her growing up i think is why i like it so much :'(

great that your ma has good memories x

but they are not across the board, my nana raised kids in Liverpool in the 50s, 60s and 70s. She didnt get electricity in her house until '62

she didnt have a washing machine until 71

she had 3 kids under 3, with no running hot water in the house, no toilet in the house and a husband who worked all day, drank all evening and didnt lift a finger to help her with the kids. That was pretty normal back then.

she also worked in Alderhay hospital, the childrens hospital in Liverpool, when it opened.

She saw things you would not believe... poverty, rickets, nits so bad one boys hair and scalp had fallen off.

domestic abuse was rife, illness was rife and poverty was rife.

I am really, really glad i live in the now! We have it really, really good! Even the poor

I really love this program! It's fantastic... I am a few weeks behind though. I watched the one about Joe this afternoon and was in floods of tears... Hopefully they're not all quite so sad!!

Xxx

This weeks was pretty sad too... though there seems to be a distinct lack of births! LOL

I knew this was coming (i read the books) lol i started crying before he even got told he had cancer ! :/ such a baby x

And the 1st one I've seen lol!!! Was good!... The triplet birth made me cry! x

Nawww wasnt it lovely! Triplets though! she was Not expecting that was she!!

I thought it was funny with the triplets. It's a shame that was the last one.

Just had a look online and they have commisioned a second series i cant wait

Loved this series,will miss watching it on Sunday nights.Look forward to Series 2 :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->