Calling all 1970 vintage ladies TTC

Maddy40

Reaction score
Well the '69ers seem to have an active thread, so thought I would see how many 1970s ladies are here.

Hubby & I have been married nearly 4 years and we are TTC#1. After surgery 3 years ago we were told we would likely be infertile. HA! In May 2012 we fell pregnant unexpectedly and without trying. Although the pregnancy did not continue it sure has set off my body-clock-hormones that were previously dormant!

I have already raised 2 children from preschool age, one is now mid-teens, the other a young adult. Although they were not born to me, they are def *mine* in every way. DH has never had children and he is desperate to father a child from the early years. So here we are on TTC Cycle 1.

Who all else is out there?

Hi Maddy,
I have an older daughter and am trying to conceive nearly twenty years later! Just had the 21 day blood test.
Trying for only four months but I'm finding my partner doesn't really understand how stressful this can be for me. He is much more laid back about it but I so have my heart set on having a baby together it's really hard to not focus on it all the time. I mean, I'm the one who takes the ovulation tests and has really changed what I put in my body.
And the waiting between ovulation and seeing if my period comes is hard to bear, I get so impatient that I start doing pregnancy tests five days.
Playing the waiting game until the 20th of July but I don't feel any symptoms...

Well the '69ers seem to have an active thread, so thought I would see how many 1970s ladies are here.

Hubby & I have been married nearly 4 years and we are TTC#1. After surgery 3 years ago we were told we would likely be infertile. HA! In May 2012 we fell pregnant unexpectedly and without trying. Although the pregnancy did not continue it sure has set off my body-clock-hormones that were previously dormant!

I have already raised 2 children from preschool age, one is now mid-teens, the other a young adult. Although they were not born to me, they are def *mine* in every way. DH has never had children and he is desperate to father a child from the early years. So here we are on TTC Cycle 1.

Who all else is out there?

Hi Maddy and Katherine!

Another 1970's lady here. Will be 42 next month - HTH did that happen! :)

Anyway, I have been with my DH for 5 years, married nearly 4 years and we are TTC no.2. DS is 18 months old and it took us 18 months to conceive him. We have been TTC again since he was 3 months old (figured it would take a while) had an early loss 2nd month trying, then nothing since. We finally started assisted treatment last month.

I'll agree it is all very stressful. My DH doesn't understand that either. :(

Bwhahaha, too funny. I was so excited about starting a thread that I typed 1970 instead of 1971. So I've made myself a whole 1 year older than I really am :) I'm such a nong...and it just goes to show that my brain is totally baby obsessed right now and not focussing very well.

I'm a 1970's gall too. I'm about to start TTC #1 as a single mom by choice. Mr. Right hasn't shown up yet and I'm done waiting.

I hope the baby dust fairy sprinkles us all with sticky beans quickly.

Hi susan,
I had my first child on my own and now trying to have a second child. My first is about to turn 19! As Fiona said "how did that happen"!
Waiting to test and so hoping for a BFP!! Should be doing it on the 19 th, trying to be patient....

Hi! Im a 1970 baby trying for a 2013 baby! Good luck to all!

Hello, I'm so glad there are other 1970 folk out there, makes me feel less 'alone' I'm 42 ( feel 30 still inside !) only decided I wanted a child very recently, hope it's not to late, will find out in next few days if I have been successful this month....luckily I live in a country where women seem to have their babies a little later in life, makes me feel younger. Fingers crossed that bitch :witch: doesn't turn up on Monday.

I am a 1970er too.

Nothing is impossible!

Count me in!

My mum had me at 37 and in 1970 that was rare. I was her first after 2 miscarriages.

Because of the age my mum had me I thought I had no need to worry about all those post 35 scare stories. How wrong I was!

Here's to beating the odds for baby no.1 at 42! :thumbup:

1970 here as well, will be 42 next month. I have 5 children and really want to try one last time for a boy, but will take another girl. Was on the pill for 4 months, came off it and got pg right away and lost it a week after my bfp, and so far nothing since and it's been 17 cycles. I have 7 angel babies and 5 beautiful daughters.

Me too! Me too! 1970. Three kids already - 16, 13, 10. TTC after vasectomy reversal, this is my 20th cycle. I found out that I have a uterine polyp that is causing the secondary infertility and is to be removed next week. Here's hoping that once that's out, a BFP will be quick to follow!!!

Fun to have fellow 42'ers!!!! Praying for BPF's all around!!!

Hey, can i join you gals? :) I'm a 1971 baby, and trying to make a 2013 baby..................never give up hope i say! x

Oooooh, sorry i read it as 1970's, not 1970......am i excluded? :)

I'm a 1971 baby as well......
nice to see so many others my age!!!!!
I started TTC at age 37 ( had a MMC at 36, didn't even know I was pregnant til 9 weeks)
fast forward.... 3 yrs TTC with a few breaks for vacations ( so I didn't loose my mind) another MC last yr, and here I am ..2nd IUI treatment., possible ovarian failure due to my FSH and estrogen numbers. BUT I still have hope after finding out about wheatgrass and COQ10 suppliments that may help my eggs..
anywhooooo..... so you can see by my ticker i am in 2ww...BUT do not symptom spot... sa I had an HSG shot and will have pregnancy symptoms due to that..LOTS of fun!!!!! I didn't know about that last IUI cycle as nobody at the office tod me...I would have tested early and seen a positive test....arggg
good thing I have BandB to give me all the answers I need!!!!!!!

p.s. does non else think "Vintage" sounds sexy?? haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->