• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Calling all February bump buddies!! (10 BLUE) (5 PINK) (2 ANGELS)

Oh my goodness! Congratulations on your beautiful little girl! Prayers for continued healing for you and continued good health for Lainee!

Wow Cryssie she is beautiful! so glad you are both doing well Xxx

Hi ladies!

First time properly updating in ages - I tend to end up being a bit of a stalker on here but rarely get round to posting sorry. But maternity leave has begun today so should have more time to post now!! :thumbup:

BMB - how are things going? Hope you're little boy is going from strength to strength and you have him home soon :hugs:

Cryssie - wow you poor thing. I was worried about you when we didn't hear anything for so long. H1N1 is a horrific thing to get when pregnant and I hope you make a full recovery very very soon :hugs: I work on an intensive care unit and have unfortunately had to look after several expectant mums with swine flu in the last few years. I have never commented on any of the threads that get put up about getting your flu jabs as I know it is a personal decision (and they're the kind of threads that get heated and shut down) but I have to agree with you... seeing what I've seen it's just not worth the risk. I got H1N1 3 years ago (purely from looking after so many people with it (I managed to get it despite having my jab!) and though I am fit and well I was off work for over a month with it. Not something to mess with...
Lainee is absolutely beautiful and I'm so glad she didn't have any major complications. Hoping you get your first cuddles with her very very soon :hugs:

All going ok here - don't get me wrong I'm tired and my hips ache and part of me is more than ready to meet my little man. BUT... I'm conscious of not wishing away the pregnancy too fast. Given our problems conceiving and the fact that if at any point any cancer cells return (I have a borderline ovarian cancer) I face a hysterectomy this may be my only chance of pregnancy so am trying to make sure I make the most of the experience treasuring the good bits and even the bad bits!!

I have a 36 week scan on wednesday to check what progress if any has been made with my placenta praevia. My last scan was at 27 weeks so there is a decent chance that it'll have moved. If not I'll be booked in for a section. It's not what I want - I'd really prefer a natural birth but whatever is safest for baby and me is what will have to happen and I've made my peace with that. And despite wanting a natural birth it also scares me an awful lot...
Again with my line of work my only experience of delivery is when things go wrong and the mum ends up having to come to intensive care. And whilst my head knows that thousands of babies are delivered every day with no issues my mind does keep wandering back to some of the horror stories I've seen over the years.... too much knowledge is a bad thing sometimes.

Hope all the other little ones are still cooking safely inside their mummies, can't believe we are so close to the end now!!

:flower:

baby1wanted I am sure you will just do fine. It really is a magical thing. Maybe start watching water births or hypo birthing to see a very calm and more quiet births, to see just how magical it can be. Just so you have something better to focus on then the bad ;) Just an idea anyways.

Thank you for your update. Will be great to chat with you more!! :thumbup:

Hi all,

I'm pretty rubbish at posting regularly aren't I? Tbh I've been crazy busy on the run up to Xmas and all over Xmas redecorating the house. We start on the nursery this weekend. So exited :happydance: I will have to post a picture when it's all finally done.

When is everyone's due date then? Mine's 28th Feb (I'm currently 32 weeks)

Have you all picked names and if yes what have you decided on? Were calling our little boy Jaxson :)

X

Sorry to crash this thread ladies!! I'm due with rainbow Identical twins March 23, but will be having them Feb 24-28

I just wanted to come over and say congratulations Cryssie!!!! <3. We miscarried fairly close together and I'm so glad to see that you are ok! I had wondered how you were doing a few weeks back!!! I'm so sorry for all you've been through and just glad you're ok! <3

Congrats on your sweet girl, :flower:

I just got my flu shot 2 wks ago, we've had lots of deaths here in Tx as well...

Babywishes I would love to see pics when it is done!!

Lucylake I remember you as well. I'm sure Cryssie won't mind you popping in and no one else will either. We all were worries about her.

Babywishes I would love to see pics when it is done!!

Lucylake I remember you as well. I'm sure Cryssie won't mind you popping in and no one else will either. We all were worries about her.

Congratulations as well All for the Girl! I just read about your little boy, I know all about boys too!! :D. Huge hugs <3

Lucylake twins boys will be fun!! Apparently I make such great boys that is all I make. ;)

so BMB LO is now out of the isolate and regulating his own temp. So now as soon as he is feeding well they can take him home :happy dance:

Whitesoxfan Went into labour early in the morning, they tried to stop it, and didn't seem to be working, and may need to be moved to a hospital faraway, but we haven't heard anything else other than that. Hopefully we find out soon what happen with your and her princess.:thumbup:

Wow, thanks for the update AFTG! So happy to hear BMBs little man is progressing so nicely! And I'll be praying for Whitesoxfan and her little princess!!!

Oh my Cryssie! It sounds like you have been through the ringer and more. But you and your little girl pulled through! That is awesome, gives me hope that my babe will be good n cooked considering how well yours is doing and we were due on the same day. Congrats on your little girl and I hope you get to feeling better soon.

It's great news to hear BMB got to take her little adorable little man home!

Scary that WhiteSoxx is having issues. I hope for the best for her and her little girl!

Had my cervix checked today as I am 36 weeks on Wednesday and it has started to soften, nothing more yet, which is good. Despite the problems I had in and out of the hospital with DD1 and early contractions it is looking more and more every day that I will go full term. Also have gained 30lbs! Which is great for me because I was under weight prior to pregnancy.

Hope the best for the rest of you ladies!

Mamabear she isn't able to yet, but as soon as he masters BFing then he will.

Sorry to crash this thread ladies!! I'm due with rainbow Identical twins March 23, but will be having them Feb 24-28

I just wanted to come over and say congratulations Cryssie!!!! <3. We miscarried fairly close together and I'm so glad to see that you are ok! I had wondered how you were doing a few weeks back!!! I'm so sorry for all you've been through and just glad you're ok! <3

Congrats on your sweet girl, :flower:

I just got my flu shot 2 wks ago, we've had lots of deaths here in Tx as well...

Thank you dear! I'm still in the hospital doing pt now since I've lost so much muscle laying in bed for a month and a half. Once I can walk and do things for myself I'm out of here. I'm shooting for Lainees due date. I still have one chest tube and my trach to remove. And once those are gone I can get wheeled to nicu of I have to. That'll be within this and next week. They have brought her to me twice, but i couldn't touch her because of a bacteria I had which is gone now. So hopefully the next time she comes I can hold her.

I'm glad bmbs boy is doing well. It's scary having them early. I was so scared at 28 weeks!

Well they pulled my last chest tube tonight. Trach is getting downsized tomorrow then pulled on Friday. I'll be moving to a rehab facility soon after that.

Lainee is still doing wonderful. It's going to suck being in a different place not just a building across from her. She still needs to successfully bottle feed until she's out. So hopefully I'll be done with rehab when she's good to go too.

I had my ultrasound today with my high risk doctor. Turns out baby is breech! Ugh. I know she can still turn but I've never had this happen before!!! Both my boys were always head down when it mattered. The doctor said to try music to turn her.

DH had a bad car accident today, thankfully he is okay but his car is probably totaled. Glad it is just the car that was damaged...that we can replace but we can't replace him!!!!

Goodness, so much going on here!

I'm about to head to bed but wanted to check in real quick and let you gals know I was able to come home today! We got 2 steroid shots in while I was on the magnesium. cervix is not changing with the tons of contractions I'm having now so I'm home on oral meds. Baby girl is 6 pounds estimated so a good size.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->