Calling all February bump buddies!! (10 BLUE) (5 PINK) (2 ANGELS)

Ive seen a lot of american births on telly and i see a LOT of women going for epidural ASAP. Is that normal there? Just curious :)

Yes even in Canada it is the same. Giving birth is not educated very well. They make it sound so scary and very painful. I wish there was better education for it, plus I believe it is because MW birthing has just started happening with in the last few years too so it is not well known. In our province any ways. My SIL is even planning on getting an epi. I guess it is just our culture.:shrug:

Oh wow. When i gave birth to DD i was never offered an epidural. It was never mentioned, i was given gas and air and coped just fine. I had written a birth plan too which stated i wanted a only gas and air and i think all of my friends went that way too. I don't know if its just my group of friends of most of uk that go natural but the idea of an epidural scares me and seems unnecessary. A womans body is designed to cope with labour pains and walking speeds up labour, i was on a birthing ball until i felt pressure so an Epi was a no go! Its amazing how different countries deal with things

Obviously if a woman really needs one for pain i understand and wouldnt judge but to see the majority of women doing it as soon as they can shocks me

I had never even heard of gas and air before joining this forum. Just about everyone pretty much opts for the epidural automatically. Allforthegirl is right. Because of the lack of education, they automatically assume they can't do it, and they're afraid of the pain.

As for the c-sections, doctors like them because they cost more and they can be planned. They don't want to help a woman through a long labor if they can tell her her baby is too big and get it over with via cesarean.

Not saying that sometimes cesareans aren't necessary, but I think they're overdone in the US.

I stalled at 5cm 21 hours after they broke my water. Therefore i was pushing the 24hr limit they like after they break the water. I was supposed to have a c section cos he was breech but he turned the day i went in so i got induced just to have a section in the end anyway. But i was okay with it. Scared yes nervous yes but i trusted my doc. And i saw four by the end of my pregnancy because of Alek. Lol.

Oh and today i went to the bathroom and when i wiped there was a dark brown clot the size of a dime. Called my doc And when they finally got around to call me back she said as long as it was brown I'm ok. So i told her about the bright red a few days ago. She said it was probably fromthat and as long as I'm not cramping or having period bleeding I'm ok.

Then when i got off work i had a voicemail from them saying to call back about my ultrasound results. So i called. She said it was too early to detect a viable pregnancy so i have another scan next Tuesday. Sigh. I'm so nervous.

Wow its so shocking to me sorry girls unless necessary like cryssies!

With this baby im already planning a home birth with no pain relief and as little intervention as possible as long as my MW gives me the go ahead. We've had midwife care in the UK for decades who deal with us from booking to birth.

I stalled at 5cm 21 hours after they broke my water. Therefore i was pushing the 24hr limit they like after they break the water. I was supposed to have a c section cos he was breech but he turned the day i went in so i got induced just to have a section in the end anyway. But i was okay with it. Scared yes nervous yes but i trusted my doc. And i saw four by the end of my pregnancy because of Alek. Lol.

Oh and today i went to the bathroom and when i wiped there was a dark brown clot the size of a dime. Called my doc And when they finally got around to call me back she said as long as it was brown I'm ok. So i told her about the bright red a few days ago. She said it was probably fromthat and as long as I'm not cramping or having period bleeding I'm ok.

Then when i got off work i had a voicemail from them saying to call back about my ultrasound results. So i called. She said it was too early to detect a viable pregnancy so i have another scan next Tuesday. Sigh. I'm so nervous.

Will keep you in my thoughts hun. Keeping everything X'd for you

I hope for a hbac if all goes well (I also need to get husband to agree !)

I had an emcs with my daughter. I had a last minute growth scan at 38+2, where they discovered, much to their surprise, that she was breech. 7am at 38+3 my waters broke, I was taken in by ambulance, told by the midwife to get changed and hooked up to a monitor and was then abandoned. At 8:45am I had to send my husband twice to demand that someone come see me as my contractions were every 2 minutes and baby's heart rate had dropped dangerously low. Eventually a midwife came in (20 minutes later) and all hell broke loose, heart rate was in the 60s and I was fully dilated and rushed into theatre (where they finally gave me some pain relief, I had had nothing at all until then).

I want a home birth as I felt completely abandoned in hospital and if it hadn't have been for me monitoring my baby myself, god knows what the outcome would have been

I went with the epidural because I was always given petocin (or how ever you spell it) cause my labours would always stall. I would go as long as I could without anything but my labours kicked in fast once it started (with the drug that is) and went from very little pain to tons of pain, so I went with the epidural.

Hopefully this time I will be able to labour with just gas and air, I did have that with my last. I am also going to try and labour as much as I can at home first before going in to the hospital.

Cryssie love I hope that everything is ok!! :hugs: At least you get another one. Is it tomorrow or next tues?

That is my birthday ;) and my scan as well. Hope all goes good for you!

I will be 7+3 that day and hoping to see HB as well.

FX for you that everything goes smoothly!:flower:

The 25th so I'll be 7 weeks.

But you still have lots of symptoms don't you? I think that is a good sign! If you are nauseous my Dr says that is a very good sign things are going in the right direction!! I am sure everything is OK!!:thumbup::thumbup:

Oh goodness yes. I was nauseous all day again and had to force myself to eat lunch. My boobs are so sore and i took a two hour nap when i came home today.

Oh goodness yes. I was nauseous all day again and had to force myself to eat lunch. My boobs are so sore and i took a two hour nap when i came home today.

See I think you are just fine!! I didn't have as strong of symptoms with my loss. And I don't remember you being this symptomatic with yours either!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I keep trying to peer pressure my sil to test again. :haha: It's cd 32 and she still hasn't started. Lol.

See I think you are just fine!! I didn't have as strong of symptoms with my loss. And I don't remember you being this symptomatic with yours either!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
Not this strong at all. I was queasy but not like this and my boobs didn't hurt. I was tired tho. A co worker said she had this with her daughter but bright red. . Her doc put her on magnesium to help make her uterus more flexible.

I'll be 7+3 too. I'm so nervous. I'm hoping everything is like it's supposed to be.

good luck with your scans next week girls
I have one on friday morning will be 6 weeks by o day so hopefully will see alot more than just a g sac which is what i saw at 4+5

So I just got finished on another gender guessing thread but this one was about the ramzi theory. So the way it goes is (for those that aren't familiar) if the placenta is on the right side boy, if it is on the left side it is a girl. Please took a look again at my photo and tell me what you think. Already have two guess that it is a girl. What do you think?

IMG_1407_opt.jpg

I'll be 7+3 too. I'm so nervous. I'm hoping everything is like it's supposed to be.

I am sure everything will be just fine:flower:

It seems like this bleeding thing in the first trimester is more common then we realize. My BFF is 32 weeks today and she says that she could have sworn she had her AF show a few days late AFTER her BFP but she still went to the doc any way and she was still preggers!:dohh:

I have my fingers and toes crossed for you! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->