Calling all February bump buddies!! (10 BLUE) (5 PINK) (2 ANGELS)

Don't feel too badly I won't be having a home birth either. But I do plan on this time labouring at home a lot longer.

Yeah mines not set in stone yet either until we see how pregnancy goes on and how 20 week scan is but i laboured until 8cm with my daughter at home and was much more comfortable

I had an emcs last time and my baby was iugr so apparently I'm high risk and they're saying that I'm not allowed. If this baby continues to measure correctly I may try to fight them though... Although in all fairness I may end up with an accidental home birth - I got fully dilated in just under two hours from waters breaking and contractions beginning shortly after, so I may not make it to hospital in time ! (Fingers crossed :haha: )

Well if it happens at home what can they do ey?

Good luck though hun hope it all goes how you want!

Hey Ladies!
Exciting reading about all the birth plans going on! This is my first so I feel like I don't have much of a clue about anything. Due to my anxiety my issues with birth mainly lie with a fear of complications. I always seem to see these horror stories where women are left giving birth vaginally when they need a csection, so the baby is deprived of oxygen. I'd say that's my greatest fear, that baby gets stuck or distressed and doesn't receive oxygen. I'm keeping my options open at the moment. Hubs family tend to have huge babies (9lbs +) and I'm only little so a natural birth might be out of the question anyway.

Also, is it normal to have an appointment with a consultant in a month times? I've had a letter through the post regarding a consultant appointment on the 5th August and I'm not really sure what it's for! Do you discuss birth plans this early?

HUGE SIGH OF RELIEF here. . .had my scan! Strong heartbeat, baby measured 9 weeks 1 day and I'm 9 weeks today. YAY!!!!

(sorry if you're reading this in more than one place!) :)

I'm sorry you ladies aren't feeling well this morning. I felt great until I ate lunch, now I'm trying to keep it down as I have a hair appointment in an hour.

No chance of a home birth for me. My last was premature (34 weeks) and I spent 10 weeks on bedrest ahead of time.

HUGE SIGH OF RELIEF here. . .had my scan! Strong heartbeat, baby measured 9 weeks 1 day and I'm 9 weeks today. YAY!!!!

(sorry if you're reading this in more than one place!) :)

I'm sorry you ladies aren't feeling well this morning. I felt great until I ate lunch, now I'm trying to keep it down as I have a hair appointment in an hour.

No chance of a home birth for me. My last was premature (34 weeks) and I spent 10 weeks on bedrest ahead of time.
Congrats on a healthy happy scan, it definitely helps to reassure! My baby measured a day ahead too, I've changed my ticker so I hope he/she still measures a day ahead at my next scan!

Had a letter from my doctors office yesterday. From my doctor to say that my midwife has requested I have shared care, so he has referred me to a consultant obstetrician.

Waste of time if you ask me... they are useless and it is just time I could be spending talking to my midwife lol! or eating cake haha

Am I the only one on here left to have a scan ?! lmao... oh well 9 days or 8 to go I have lost track.

Had a really horrible dream last night I had twins lol, i'm not too worried though as I am the direct opposite of all the "general" twin statistics lol. Short, young, not overweight, (okay maybe a few pounds lol) etc etc but it still freaked me out lol

Here's my bump

https://https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=642327&stc=1&d=1373551447

Hey Ladies,
I'm having a crappy day today! Non-stop crying over my OCD issues. I just feel so fed up with it all. I can't continue with this OCD, it's making my life a misery (I've pretty much freaked myself out twice today over an irrational toxo fear and got myself into a state). I'm just done with all this OCD crap. When I'm not freaking out I'm feeling awful for getting into a state in the first place, it leaves me feeling so dissapointed with myself and guilty. I'm still awaiting my first CBT session which hasn't helped as I've been waiting for about 3 weeks (in which my issues spiralled). I just feel that I'm done with all this worry, I'm physically too exhausted to continue this OCD rubbish.

I'm so sorry Ladybuggz! I have a daughter that really struggles with OCD. Are there meds you can take that are safe for the baby to at least take the edge off??

A4TG, I don't see the bump! Is it just me? LOL! Congrats on double digits! WOOT!

Oh my I'm not sure why it is sideways lol

Oh in not having a very good day. It is very humid here. Yuck. I'm just thankful to my good friend, she is watching my three older ones as I'm at a laundry mat so my kids can wear some clean clothes lol

I'm so sorry Ladybuggz! I have a daughter that really struggles with OCD. Are there meds you can take that are safe for the baby to at least take the edge off??

A4TG, I don't see the bump! Is it just me? LOL! Congrats on double digits! WOOT!

My doctor mentioned medication briefly when I first approached her with my anxiety/ocd troubles but said to try counselling etc first. I'm more than happy to give counselling ago first, it's just taking a really long time to arrange. My local mental health support centres/groups are extremely busy at the moment, there's quite a waiting list. I spoke to someone today to explain that I really am struggling at the moment and they've agreed to try and get me some counselling sooner rather than later (as the more time that passes, the worse my ocd tends to become).

Ladybugs I would hope so. Like hello you have someone else to worry about other than your own well being. That should take presidence. I think anyways.

I sure it moves more quickly for you.

Cryssie I haven't seen you post for a bit I hope all is well with you. Thinking about my dear.

BMB I hope you have a better day today!!

My day went from okay to hell to complete shit. I asked to come in later thanks to my episode yesterday. So I go in at 9 no lunch and get off at 5.

So I go in. Everything's good until s kid doesn't want to come to the rug and I'm chasing her around the room. They're 4. They should listen at least some of the damn time. She finally dues and all is ok until lunch. I literally had to pull one not off of an another. Ugh. Finally. Nap. Two hours of quiet. Yeah right. Two kids decided to make noises. Ok. After nap only 3 hours to go. I get pulled out of my room and thrown into toddlers which is ok I love them but my body isn't used to running around cleaning up toys. Then when I go to get my things the teacher who took over my room asked if I was taking out my trash. Ugh. I'm really happy I didn't have to mop on top of all this tonight. My back and stomach hurt and the whole way home i was trying not to puke in my lap.

Get home and my parents drop off Alek which my dogs go nuts and I throw them outside. I was nauseous and trying not to cry and I still had to make dinner. My back still hurts but my tummy feels better. 8 o'clock needs to hurry up and get here so hubby can be home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->