**Calling all Northern Ireland Pregnant and due 2012 ladies **8 girls born 15 boys**

Aw ya poor thing :( Hope you feel better soon! A good nights rest will do you the world of good!

Aw little kids shoes are so adorable!! I'd say she loves them!

Seems I haven't been here in ages. how's everyone doing?

I'm finding things very tough, feeling totally overwelmed and knackered, Jax is waking up almost every hour for a feed, I don't do well on little sleep.

Hi wyntir, welcome back. I know everyone is probably telling you this but it will get easier & LO will settle into a routine. I know with Ellen she kept having growth spurts & would fed every hour on the hour for like two day straight & not sleep. You wonder how your ever going to get through it & in the back of your mind your thinking 'what if this goes on for weeks' but it wont & u'll get on track again. I found my Health Visitor a great support at this time. :hugs:

Majella is totally right. the first 4-6 weeks was utter hell for us, but it DOES get better, and you do actually get used to the lack of sleep, I find it almost impossible to function on very little sleep too. The good news is- the weeks fly by. I know it probably doesn't seem like that atm and when you are on your own with him all day it seems like forever but it DOES go by sooooo fast. we are all here if u need advice or just a rant. Are you getting out of the house? I found even getting out for a short walk every day to be a HUGE help, clears both of yours heads and Poppy would usually fall asleep!

Feeling better today altho my eyes still feel abit heavy, thankfully tho I got a decent nights sleep!

Dizzy: she dose love them looks like a proper big girl now :)

Wyntir: like the others have said it will get better once he's into a routine, do you feed on demand then? The first week when Eva was born she slept during the day and woke at night shattered wasn't the word!

Nuke: your 35wks!!!!

X

Morning ladies...no Layne. Bleh, lol.

Wyntir I'm so sorry you're feeling in the wars hun, like everyone has said it does pass, but I appreciate how tough it is. Hugs to you, and to Courtney :)

Well, I might not have popped, but a friend of mine who has been going through similar to me - start stop labour - had a pretty shocking Facebook status this morning. She went to bed around 11pm thoroughly pissed off and fed up after having had a sweep yesterday, and her little girl was born AT HOME just 3.5 hours later weighing 7lbs 15 oz!!! My God almighty lol I couldn't believe it. Poor girl had on and off contractions from 37 odd weeks, went right up to 40+5 then waddyaknow, baby came with a bang! Just amazing.

I'm off again for a bit, got my daughter's physio due this morning which is bound to be hellish.

yes am feeding on demand. Think that growth spurt you talked about is happening, he is feeding for 5- 10 mins only, going to sleep then waking up for another short feed very soon after. I cant move or get anything done. Am very tempted to switch to formula

Good luck with the moving guys. We are due at the end of August and cant move until the start of Jan so NOT looking forward to that, a 3-4 month old baby, just after christmas and all the lugging of stuff about..... wish I could do it now!

Wyntir, have you thought about trying combination feeding. They do recommend it for "hungrier" babies. It would give you a break. I have been reading up on it after a few women have mentioned it to me. I dont know if its a good thing or bad thing as I am not in the position but it have been recommended to me by other mums.

Wow Eshka that's amazing!! :) Hope mum and baby are doing well :)

Wyntir you poor thing you must be exhausted! I've no experience with what you're going through yet but I'm sure as the other girls have said it'll pass soon enough! :hugs:

Mummylanning I do not envy you at all!! Sounds like you'll have a right time of it when you move!!

Glad you're feeling better Courtney!

Wyntir, don't give up hun!! In a couple of weeks it'll be a lot better! Combination feeding is an option... but you may find he rejects the boob- sucking on a bottle and a boobie are 2 completely different actions. I really REALLY regretted switching.

Eshka, that's insane!!!

That's a good point about combination feeding - I've had a few people tell me to try it with this baby if he's overly hungry but I don't want to confuse him. Wyntir, you poor thing, I know it's no consolation right now but this stage really is temporary hun.

My friend and her little girl are doing brilliantly, absolutely no problems. She said she was terrified but barely even had time to dwell on it as it all happened so quickly! She did have a very speedy labour and birth with her son, though, so I guess the odds of another were quite high.

I'm so proud of Aoife - for the first time ever, she actually cooperated with her physio! She can't stand new faces with these things, and this woman has been trying to gauge her movement range for a long time now but each time Aoife has met her, she's just clammed up and refused to budge. I thought she'd do the same today, and she started out a little ropey but then suddenly did a 180 (probably as her big sister helped) and worked really well with the physio. So pleased!

have u seen the ones were it's a wee seat mamado?

Sorry Nuke was away for a couple days, just reading the posts I missed Lol...

Havn't seen those no, that sounds good though...is it a universal attachment thing? where have you seen them?

ive seen them on amazon! heres the one ive been looking at:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/supercover...1A0E/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1334157975&sr=8-2

That's a good point about combination feeding - I've had a few people tell me to try it with this baby if he's overly hungry but I don't want to confuse him. Wyntir, you poor thing, I know it's no consolation right now but this stage really is temporary hun.

My friend and her little girl are doing brilliantly, absolutely no problems. She said she was terrified but barely even had time to dwell on it as it all happened so quickly! She did have a very speedy labour and birth with her son, though, so I guess the odds of another were quite high.

I'm so proud of Aoife - for the first time ever, she actually cooperated with her physio! She can't stand new faces with these things, and this woman has been trying to gauge her movement range for a long time now but each time Aoife has met her, she's just clammed up and refused to budge. I thought she'd do the same today, and she started out a little ropey but then suddenly did a 180 (probably as her big sister helped) and worked really well with the physio. So pleased!

well done Aoife!

ive seen them on amazon! heres the one ive been looking at:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/supercover...1A0E/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1334157975&sr=8-2

Typical ... thats a far better idea for a ride along than we bought Lol

Wyntir, I had to bully C to stay awake for feeds. Set her down on the flit to wake her up and then start again... Then you can try and get a full feed in slightly shorter time. Hang n there, the growth spurt will pass...
Eshka, that's pretty exciting for your friend!
The removal men haven't shown up. Eventually got.through to them and they're 7 hours late... Grrr. Still waiting

OMG 7 hours late!! That pretty much makes it useless them even turning up for you today!! Did they say why they are so late?

you're telling me, i'm really pissed off that it was me that booked this bloke.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->