**Calling all Northern Ireland Pregnant and due 2012 ladies **8 girls born 15 boys**

If I was to have a little girl I'd probably go for that name or something similar, it's so pretty. But, unless this one decides to leave his boy bits inside, he's definitely male and would need to make a drastic lifestyle choice in later life if he wants to be named Lola.

:haha: any progress since the show?

Nothing :shrug:

Feel very off though. Just not right, though nothing's specifically wrong. Keep thinking I need a wee then I don't and I have a mildly irritating backache, lots of pressure and period cramps, but that's nothing new really.

Actually feel like having a lie down but afraid to, cos usually when I do that I wake up sick.

Wyntir, have you thought about trying combination feeding. They do recommend it for "hungrier" babies. It would give you a break. I have been reading up on it after a few women have mentioned it to me. I dont know if its a good thing or bad thing as I am not in the position but it have been recommended to me by other mums.

Im combi feeding & personally it really works for me. God love Ellen she gets whats going sometimes boob, sometimes fomula bottle, somtimes expressed boobie milk bottle. Shes great she doesnt mind bottle or boob & switches between the two no bother. Personally when I switched from exclusivly bf it was the first thing helped me get her in to a routine & now i feel much more in control. I put Ellen down at 11pm & she wakes at 4:30am & 7:30am for her feeds & nappy change like clock work - however two nites this week shes slept rite through the night once to 6:30am & this morning to 8am. I couldnt believe it!! :happydance:
I'll just add tho combi feeding is not recommended for babies younger than 10 days old.

:haha: any progress since the show?

Nothing :shrug:

Feel very off though. Just not right, though nothing's specifically wrong. Keep thinking I need a wee then I don't and I have a mildly irritating backache, lots of pressure and period cramps, but that's nothing new really.

Actually feel like having a lie down but afraid to, cos usually when I do that I wake up sick.

i felt like that the whole evening before my waters broke! just a bit... weird.

Exciting Eshka come on get a move on baby boy!
Try get som rest and food incase tonight's the night :D
X

Just a quick check in from me to say hi! Work has been so frantic I have barely had a moment to sit down, but not I am waiting for my Indian take away i thought I'd have a read.

Good luck Eshka! I hope he gets a move on and you start to feel better!

Majella, thanks for your feedback on combi feeding, sounds like you have an angel on your hands who is happy to sleep through!.

I have managed to inadvertently find a mum local to me who is looking for someone to meet for coffee, due at the same time as me, who has turned out to be from N.I too, in fact only a few miles apart! Meeting her and a few others on Sunday for coffee.

Just a quick check in from me to say hi! Work has been so frantic I have barely had a moment to sit down, but not I am waiting for my Indian take away i thought I'd have a read.

Good luck Eshka! I hope he gets a move on and you start to feel better!

Majella, thanks for your feedback on combi feeding, sounds like you have an angel on your hands who is happy to sleep through!.

I have managed to inadvertently find a mum local to me who is looking for someone to meet for coffee, due at the same time as me, who has turned out to be from N.I too, in fact only a few miles apart! Meeting her and a few others on Sunday for coffee.

thats fantastic!!! i think you def need a close-by mummy friend or 2! and when your lo gets a bit older it's good for them too. :thumbup:

you should totally come to our next meet! i dont know what i'd do without my bnb ladies :blush:

you should totally come to our next meet! i dont know what i'd do without my bnb ladies :blush:

I'd need plenty of warning as I am living in london now! A bit far to travel on short notice!

Ugh can someone tell me when the tiredness ends. 21 weeks and I am still knackered all the time!

whoops i forgot about that :haha: there's bound to be loads of meets in london though!! my first pregnancy, i didnt start to feel a bit more energised until i was like 24/26 weeks, this time i havent really had much tiredness, well not to the extent where i was with poppy!

whoops i forgot about that :haha: there's bound to be loads of meets in london though!! my first pregnancy, i didnt start to feel a bit more energised until i was like 24/26 weeks, this time i havent really had much tiredness, well not to the extent where i was with poppy!

Surprisingly there are very few meets in my area that aren't centred around NCT or the Hospital and as I have chosen to go to a hospital out of area I don't qualify for the groups! Soooo I am starting my own!

I got talking to one other Mum at my antenatal classes (out of about 20) and she and her hubby gave me lifts back as I was walking and it saved taxi. Turned out we gave birth on the same day and she was opposite me in the ward! It was amazing.

Surprisingly there are very few meets in my area that aren't centred around NCT or the Hospital and as I have chosen to go to a hospital out of area I don't qualify for the groups! Soooo I am starting my own!

that's awesome!!! :thumbup:

I got talking to one other Mum at my antenatal classes (out of about 20) and she and her hubby gave me lifts back as I was walking and it saved taxi. Turned out we gave birth on the same day and she was opposite me in the ward! It was amazing.

i didnt get talking to any of the other mums in my antenatal group really. just polite chitchat. but i also ended up opposite one in hospital after we'd had our babies on the same day! i remember she had a little boy called Michael :)

Morning ladies.

No birth announcement from me yet - things appeared to start up last night then, of course, calmed down again when I went to bed.

We were sat watching tv/chatting and I thought I felt a BH starting up, except it became pretty damn sore and lasted a full minute. We'd been so busy giggling I just looked at OH and my jaw dropped, then his did, then when it passed even he was like, 'That one was different, wasn't it?' and I nodded, cos it seriously felt like The Real Thing. We got up and pottered around a bit, next one hit after 15 mins, then a few more started coming 5 mins apart and I swear, BOTH of us (even him and he's been very chilled every other time) were 100% sure it was time, so much so I said I'd go lie down and try to snooze while they were fairly bearable.

They became irregular when I went to bed, eased off and here I am...I got nothing, lol. Still not feeling totally right this morning but hey ho.

Ah fantastic lanning especially finding another NI mummy, hope use have a good meet.

Aw Eshka start the count down only 9days left!

X

I know hun.

Boys really do seem to just do their own thing *sigh*

Not sure its just boys. A work colleague of mine had a girl and she went the full 2 weeks over!

Well it's either the baby or it's me or it's the damn cows outside stealing all my labour energy :( They haven't shut up mooing all morning, the kids' dad was late and I want to jump in the car and nip to Asda for some treats seeing as I'm going to be stuck here all weekend, but I know in my logical mind it's probably not wise to go on my own, Gary's still in bed and if I ask him to go to the shop for me he'll complain :(

Eugh, I'm sorry, I'm just SO fed up. I widdled myself this morning when I sneezed (not liking this side effect, makes me feel like an old woman), I'm still dosed up with this rotten cold and I now hate, hate HATE weekends with a passion. I used to love my own company and now I can't bloody stand it cos it's all I have from Saturday afternoon until Sunday night every week :(

Sod it - I'm getting changed and going to Asda, just to get out for a teensy bit before Gary goes to work, it can't do any harm. I absolutely hate feeling down in the dumps and refuse to let it take over, grrr!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->