**Calling all Northern Ireland Pregnant and due 2012 ladies **8 girls born 15 boys**

Have you had a look on sites like pigsback.com hun? They always seem to have deals on for different hotels and stuff around the country with loads of money off. Could be worth looking into. I think the deals change every day or so.

If you're going to Dublin you could stay that little bit further out and travel into the city centre by Luas or bus? Could work out cheaper.

Or what about somewhere to the West like Galway, Westport or Ennis? Not sure about prices but you could prob get a nice BnB and if you have a car lots of relaxing sight seeing to do :)

I think it was all the walking that took it out of me nuke, I used to walk loads when carrying Eva but I get so sore this time round and sound like i smoke 60 a day an iv never smoked!

Fab scan pic dizzy so clear!

Well where is Eshka hiding? Maybe she's sneaked of an had layne??? :)

X

Hello All,

Been busy with work the last few days and thought I would pop on to say hi!

I have just found out that I have 10 weeks left of work and in those 10 weeks I need to take 5 weeks holiday! My manager doesnt want me to take it all off in one go as I am training my replacement who started on Monday but and there are about 5 weeks in the next 10 that are "blacked out" for holidays.

So i am taking 2 full weeks off in May 4 weeks I am doing 1 day less a week and in my final month I am only working half my weekly hours! By the time i get to my maternity leave everything will be done and I will be getting bored! Good job I still have to finish my course or there would be nothing for me to do!

Anyone heard from Eshka?

Hi ladies

Hope your all keeping well

I had an awful 36 wk app yesterday it was a stand in consultant from a differant hospital ,she confirmed I would need a planned section but then give me no info on it ,told me they would give me a date at my 39 week app (i thought you were supposed to have section at 38/39 wks) ,I have also already had signs of early labour & had my DS at 39 wks ,she never told me want to do if I go in to labour natually before I get a date .I'm due the 16th May. Any advice would be greatly appreciated xXx

Good to hear from you laur, sounds like that consultant didn't really inform you very well, could you make another appointment to see your own consultant maybe you'll get more answers x

Youngmum she couldnt get us out the door quick enough ,i'm going to ring the clinic this afternoon ,my own consultant is away on maternity leave so there have just been a load of stand ins .After speaking to a few differant girls there is no way I should be getting a date after 39 wks because you need a pre ass etc before hand its far to late

I cant believe we are all nearly full term already ,were has this year gone !!!

xxx

crazy innit lauren? i cannot believe we are nearly full term!!! id be ringing the clinic to speak to someone different tbh, you're right that sections are supposed to be at 38/39 weeks!

Ah right, so basically she probably won't see use again? Yea id ring and ask to see someone and just explain that you don't no where you stand because the other consultant told what needed to happen but didn't te you how or even when.
God ino I thought may would never come, now I just hope the end of april drags in abit :S iv to wash baby clothes pack bags and buy size 1 avert teats which I can't bloody find anywhere!!!

X

Aw LaurGil that sounds awful! Hopefully someone else at the clinic can give you more info!!

YoungNImum my next scan is the 11th of June. It seems a bit scary that I'll be almost 21 weeks by then and that's not that far away haha :)

That sounds very unhelpful Laura :(

Did they not give you the option of a vbac? Are you happy about the section? x

Nuke it only seems like a couple of mths from the BFP

Youngmum I rang the community midwife who said thats far too late to ring up to the hospital so I did & they have taken my details ,the sister who is in charge said she will sort it & get back to me so hopefully I will have a date soon .

Emy I didnt want a section at all ,I am gutted & cried all afternoon yesterday but tbh with the problems I already have it would be foolish of me to go against the doctors advise & make things worse for myself in the long term

dizzy June wont be long coming round :happydance: will you be asking the sex ?

xXx

Great laur least you'll no what's gonna happen now with plenty of notice instead of the very last minute or like you say you go into labour before you no the section date, do you feel better now you no something is being done? X

:hugs: Laura :( that's tough going. I understand, I'd be really upset if I had to have another induction x

Yup here's the munchkin! :)
Fab pic - I just love scan pics there so exciting!!

Emy I didnt want a section at all ,I am gutted & cried all afternoon yesterday but tbh with the problems I already have it would be foolish of me to go against the doctors advise & make things worse for myself in the long term

Did you have a section with Jack? Personally I found mine fine the recovery was not as bad as people make out. I will be elective section next time (listen to me next time & ellen only 6 weeks!! :haha:). If I was to try VBAC id probably have to be induced at 36 weeks due to my small pelvis issues. :shrug:
Id rather choose to have another section & know what to expect, than full labour & still end up on the operating table. :growlmad:

i always thought a section would be my absolute worst nightmare... not any more after watching OBEM a few weeks ago, did anyone see that baby that got it's head out and got stuck? 2 episiotomies, forceps, burly man pushing down on the mum's tummy... ended up breaking the poor baby's clavicle to get him out! THAT'S my nightmare.

i always thought a section would be my absolute worst nightmare... not any more after watching OBEM a few weeks ago, did anyone see that baby that got it's head out and got stuck? 2 episiotomies, forceps, burly man pushing down on the mum's tummy... ended up breaking the poor baby's clavicle to get him out! THAT'S my nightmare.

Thats awful!! I REFUSE to watch OBEM because of things like this. I remember sitting down the watch it after Ellen was born thinking' well chances are i'll never have a NCB so I can watch this now' next thing that wheel this doll in for a section - well you never seen a lady reach for a remote as quick in your life!!:haha:
I often thought that if Ellen had on been born with the vaccuum like they tried she could have had dislocated shoulders or hips. :cry:

We got Ellen Baptised on Sunday & wot a fantastic day!!
https://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n532/majellagraham/IMG_0039-1.jpg
https://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n532/majellagraham/IMG_0019.jpg
https://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n532/majellagraham/P1010817.jpg
https://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n532/majellagraham/P1010819.jpg
https://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n532/majellagraham/P1010820.jpg

And to top it all off my cousin who had a baby 2 weeks after Ellen was born asked me to be Godmother to her wee man!! :cloud9:
https://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n532/majellagraham/IMG_0122.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->