**Calling all Northern Ireland Pregnant and due 2012 ladies **8 girls born 15 boys**

Oh it's fine, I just always try and rule out gallstones for others since the doctors just ignored me and said I had 'heartburn' when I had gallstone attacks. It wasn't until I went into ketosis and was hospitalised and they actually bothered doing tests, that they realised something was properly wrong with me. Oh the pain :(, it doesn't fade like labour and is much worse.

but am just overracting so don't worry yourself. When I started to describe my symptoms on BnB everyone just drew blank. :hugs:
Just chill and relax :thumbup:

Mummylanning I read lots of books, about 5 of them (Supernanny Confident Baby Care, Doctor Spock, Contented baby book ((not a fan)) and one I can't remember the name of which had Christian undertones) and although I found them interesting and planned my routine and all on them, I didn't end up using anything I'd learnt from them :dohh:. The best books I've read pre-birth have been about the aspects of parenting that interest me, The Science of Parenting, I've not long started and it seems to be good. I loved Raising Boys, and I've nearly finished Breastfeeding Older Children.

For all practical worries and basic aspects of looking after newborns, what to watch etc, I just used Doc Google and BnB, ignoring most of the advise anyone in RL gave me :p

Thanks for your suggestion. I actually just described the pain to my friend that it was like someone had their fist at the top of my bump and was twisting it. I did have suspected gallstones with my first pregnancy. I had eaten a bag of honey cashew nuts and really suffered after. My mum, sis and auntie have all had gallbladders out so I know I could be a candidate. This pain is not unlike it but not as severe and does goes away. Last time I was doubled over and had the pain up over my right shoulder. I was convinced it was gall sones, scan apt came through to check when I was 40 weeks preg! Sonographers eyes nearly popped out of her head when I stood up and she saw how pregnant I was. She said it would be a challenge but managed rightly scanning through my back. There was no sign of gall stones and no trace of there ever haven been but all my symptoms pointed towards it.

I was 27 weeks, it was nuts. They were telling me they thought it was Hep A and I was isolated in my own room in the maternity unit. They never 100% confirmed it was gallstones, but that is the only thing that fits all the symptoms, the blood they took to check during an attack was a bad sample apparently and they couldn't test it.
When they scanned me they saw the stones (my Grandma had them in her 20s too) but none in the duct which causes the pain. But by then the pain had stopped and didn't come back.
Would take labour over that again any day of the week. My longest one was 6 hours of constant unbareble pain, my labour was only 4 hours and I managed it a lot better.
It's another reason I am keeping my weight down for future pregnancy and trying to eat better. :thumbup:

Hmmm Cashew nuts!

I was 27 weeks, it was nuts. They were telling me they thought it was Hep A and I was isolated in my own room in the maternity unit. They never 100% confirmed it was gallstones, but that is the only thing that fits all the symptoms, the blood they took to check during an attack was a bad sample apparently and they couldn't test it.
When they scanned me they saw the stones (my Grandma had them in her 20s too) but none in the duct which causes the pain. But by then the pain had stopped and didn't come back.
Would take labour over that again any day of the week. My longest one was 6 hours of constant unbareble pain, my labour was only 4 hours and I managed it a lot better.
It's another reason I am keeping my weight down for future pregnancy and trying to eat better. :thumbup:

Hmmm Cashew nuts!

Lol, I haven't eaten them since! The pain lasted 2 nights and I was on the floor crying. Just checked, it occurred at 32 weeks. Maybe this pain is really bad indigestion but strange it goes when I sit. With the gallstone pain I had to walk about and constantly move.

I was the exact same! Constantly moving around, I literally rocked backwards and forwards for an hour with my eyes closed to try and cope with it.

i dont envy you girls, from what i hear they make labour look like a breeze! :wacko:

I was the exact same! Constantly moving around, I literally rocked backwards and forwards for an hour with my eyes closed to try and cope with it.

Me too. And walking up and down the stairs.

Hey izzy, I don't think it is SPD, was sitting thinking about how I could of done it, then I said to OH I bet it's when iv been lifting my self up in the bath? Going to mention it when I'm aup for my scan on mOnday, see what they say?? X

i find myself thinking about her quite a bit, i hope she's okay!!

Yay another baby! Congrats

I may have purchased a connecta this morning :happydance:

Great news on the new baby! :)

Really hope we do hear from Eshka soon, I find myself thinking about her all the time and checking to see has she come back on.

oooh wyntir which one???? I hope u like it!! Im a huge connecta fan!

Barry and i went out for our 'last supper' tonight to tony romas, stuffed ourselves silly! :D

Oh I haven't been to tony Romas in years! In Belfast? Was it yummy?

ohhhhh yes it was amazing! We got spicy shrimp to start (shared because the portions are MASSIVE), i counted 18 shrimp in the portion!! Then half rack of ribs/quarter bbq chicken combo with coleslaw and garlic poatoes for me and a pecan bourbon cupcake for dessert. Good god it was good!! Not overly pricey either! Under £55 for one starter, 2 mains, 2 desserts, a pint and a coke! And yet here i am in bed, wishing i had a cheeseburger in my hand :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->