**Calling all Northern Ireland Pregnant and due 2012 ladies **8 girls born 15 boys**

Can you imagine getting to 32 weeks pregnant without even noticing!
Mummylanning, happy V day! Glad appt went well - hope your bug has buggered off now :)
Izzy, I've never had GTT so I don't know - according to my notes I should have though as I had previous baby over 4.5kg, but they never mentioned it...

Can you imagine getting to 32 weeks pregnant without even noticing!
Mummylanning, happy V day! Glad appt went well - hope your bug has buggered off now :)
Izzy, I've never had GTT so I don't know - according to my notes I should have though as I had previous baby over 4.5kg, but they never mentioned it...

Thats the reason why I was getting it done this time. Hopefully they jsut advise on foods and that as far as it goes. I dont fancy pricking my finger and injecting so hopefully this apt will be to prevent all that

an you're at the ulster as well izzy? it's weird that they called you in for it then and I got away with it! (B was 5.01kg, so well over!)

I had two GTTs Izzy as they messed up my dates. I was borderline so they gave me patronising dietry advise and made me record my blood sugar 7 times a day for basically 4 weeks :/
Still have the kit. I lost the feeling in the finger I pricked the most whilst I was at it.

But hopefully you'll be fine and they'll not need to be as cautious x

I'm due to have the GTT when I'm 28 weeks, did you do the 3 hour test?

That's crazy about the lady who thought she was 11 weeks and is actually 32!! Wow!!

That's crazy about the lady who thought she was 11 weeks and is actually 32!! Wow!!

Wish I was 32 weeks :( maybe this constant puking would stop lol x

I know 3 other ladies that happened too! Really mad.

Wish I was 32 weeks :( maybe this constant puking would stop lol x

Trust me, it doesn't always go away. I was sick regularly up to 18 weeks, then it turned to occasional puking! Enjoy the early stages!

Holywood Mum- My DD was 4.9kg and as soon as she was born they asked me did I have GD because of her weight. I was told a while after that if I had anymore they would more than likely test me for GD as its a sign of a big baby but my community mmidwife had checked my pee all along with no signs of sugar but sometimes it doesnt show up there, didnt show up this time either but suppose my fasting levels were ever so slightly raised. Did you have a section?What did they say about the birth weight? Are they keeping an eye on the weight this time?

Emydra-Did thye make you go back up after the 4 weeks of pricking your finger to show them the results? Do you remember what your results were from the GTT? I am starting to be very good from today so hopefully by the time I get my apt they cant patronize me but prob still will!!

Dizzydoll- I did the 2hr test, seems to be what they do at the Ulster. Have you done it before?

:haha: i might watch a couple to celebrate!

I had no sugar in my wee at any point. My first GTT I *think* was 7.8 and the second was 8.3.

Anything over 11 is considered diabetic. Mine was just over the range they wanted it in.

I went to the diabetic clinic fortnightly and they just kept telling me to carry on, my blood sugar was rarely high at all, I don't think any moreso than a regular person, it certainly didn't come near 11 and I made no dietry changes after a week without sugar made me feel weak and ill.
It was the most annoying waste of time, I'm really considering not having it done this time.

My GTT was 7. My fasting level beforehand was .3 above what they like so I think they must be being overcautious. still annoying though, I felt all deflated when the midwife phoned me to say although I had passed the test the part before was just over.grrrr

Oh for goodness sake. Do they have to retest you or refer you? It's only 0.3!

I am not sure what happens next. They have e-mailed my results over to the diabetic team so they are sending me out an apt but I dont know what will happen at it. I had thought they might just leave it until I was 28 weeks and make me do the GTT again butwho knows!

Sounds like a diabetic booking in appointment :/

They weigh you, look at your wee, more blood tests, speak to a diabetic doctor (Mine was Doctor Au) then speak to a diabetic nurse and then the dietician.

It took hours and lots of sitting around. So hoping it's not the same for you or even better, not a diabetic appointment.

Was that at the Ulster? Hopefully as my fasting one was jsut above it will be ok, but suppose it may only get worse from here on in so thats maybe why they have to keep an eye on it. I am on a health drive from today!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->