**Calling all Northern Ireland Pregnant and due 2012 ladies **8 girls born 15 boys**

I've bought a carrier for hubby to wear as he is really against the slings.

I have read that you cant use the carrier until the baby can hold its own head up, not sure if this is true so i would have liked to use a sling. I have relented with this one though as its hubby's baby too and he only wants whats best and he has read too many horror stories about the slings. Plus i got the buggy and the colour I wanted so a little compromise goes a long way.

I have about €8 worth of vouchers off huggies that I obviously cant use in England. Would anyone like them?

what kind of carrier did he get lanning?

ive never heard of them! Is it a high street brand?

Its a German brand. Came highly recommended by a friend. It looks like the baby bjorn but seems softer. Not an expert on these things but we'll have a look at it when it arrives and see if we like it or not. Hopefully it will fit the purpose.

I have my 3d baby scan today! I should probably be more excited but its over shadowed by the fact that i broke my tooth on Monday and I need to go to the dentist afterwards! I hate the dentist at the best of times but last time i got this tooth fixed, my whole face swoll up and I couldnt breathe out of one nostril (not advisable when I am teaching a dance class tonight). I have also been reading horrible things about pregnancy and dentists. Eg the anesthetic used to numb the area (which will need to be done) will pass through the placenta, oh and any dental work can dislodge bacteria into the blood stream.

Maybe i shouldnt have looked it up!

Good Luck for you scan mummylanning and the dentist!! I am still debating a 3d scan, would love one. I had one last time but they are so expensive so if they tell me the gender at 28 weeks i wont bother with the 3d scan.

I am 24 weeks today!!!!!! Another milestone.

Good Luck for you scan mummylanning and the dentist!! I am still debating a 3d scan, would love one. I had one last time but they are so expensive so if they tell me the gender at 28 weeks i wont bother with the 3d scan.

I am 24 weeks today!!!!!! Another milestone.

Congrats!!!!!

This is our first but the decision to go was hubby's! He wants to bond with baby!

They are great. My little lady was covering her face so we had to go back a few times to see if we could get better pics. All the extra scans were great for the reassurance.

it is nice to be able to see the baby again and make sure everything is going ok! I think as a first timer you always wonder if you are doing it right, its nice to have it confirmed! (i hope)

I did read somewhere that the NHS were going to start (maybe trialing) 32 week scans for everyone so that they can detect any possible issues before birth. I personally think its a great idea!

I still have those Euro vouchers if anyone wants them. Just pm me your address and I will post them off to you.

Everyone must be enjoying the lovely weather. I certainly am although my feet and ankles arent!!

Probably out making the most of this gorgeous weather.

Jax had his first jabs yesterday, he only cried for a few seconds. Such a brave wee man.

I've also been enjoying the weather but i can only do an hour outside before I feel I am going to melt and head back in doors! I am definitely appreciating my cars air con at the mo!

Well done Jax, I was at the clinic the other day and there was a baby getting an injection, she screamed for about 15 mins!

I thought I'd have about 10 pages to catch up with after a week away!
Wytir, good to hear you're enjoying mummyhood more :) And well done Jax on his jabs!
Courtney, lovely birth story, thank you!
Mummylanning, how did scan go? And dentist? Are the Euro vouchers just for Ireland, or could I use them in Germany?
Izzy, happy v day!

Had a good week in spain, but it was a bit dramatic today! I'd thought our luck was in because the cabin crew failed to notice B was under the age of 2, and she got a whole seat to herself for take off, with me sitting in a spare seat further back... All well and good until we are taxied and accelerating down the runway when we hit some birds and the pilot slams on the brakes! What an incredibly odd sensation to feel that rapid deceleration as you are flung forward in your seat, and then slamming backwards as the plane finally judders to a halt. I panicked I will admit, not because I was that scared of the incident itself, but more because I was nowhere near M and the girls. In the time it took us to stop, I had visions of disaster, and then terrible thoughts of what might have happened to B if she wasn't strapped to M's knee etc etc... The girls however were completely unbothered! The cabin crew bloke was quite dead pan about the whole thing - his announced " You might have noticed we had to stop suddenly" er, yes! All the announcements were made in German and then English - but there was generally so much animated conversation after the German version that the English was inaudible - so thanks to out neighbouring passengers for translating!

We taxied to the terminal and the plane was inspected while we were served juice or water - it seemed at this stage we might still get to fly. Then a further announcement made it clear that we wouldn't be going anywhere on that particular plane today... From what I could gather via the German announcement and the bloke sitting behind us, there was some cracked plexiglass and a problem with the radar. Probably best to be on the ground! Bus to terminal, luggage reclaimed, and then leg it to the Lufthansa check in desks to try and get on another flight. I thought we were doing pretty well to be 15th person in the queue, but then the bunking started, and people joining 1st and Business class lines, and cutting across at the last minute.... grrr!! Word filtered back that we were being put on a later flight via Frankfurt to Dusseldorf.

We queued, we queued some more and we tried are hardest to maintain good humour. Our trolley became quite popular when we put Peter Pan on the laptop for the girls to watch - our two, a Dutch girl and two Spanish boys crowded around at one stage! About 2 and a half hours later we made it to the front (they finally decided that more than 2 staff members might be a good idea...) and were told that there were no more connections for today that we could take; and then the even better news that we would have to go and queue at the Lufthansa ticket desk to get a flight tomorrow and a hotel booked - we legged it - and had only one person in front of us in the queue. I think to be honest, rather than take a 7pm flight to Frankfurt, to make a connection in 15 minutes and take another flight and then take two trains and taxi, a night in a hotel was preferable!

I'm shattered now!

Aw Holywoodmum that sounds like my idea of a nightmare!! I hate delays and stuff in airports!! Good to hear you're home safe and sound now though :)

I've been neglecting bnb because of the nice weather and I've had lots on the past few days :)

All is good with me and bump here, lots of movement and I'm feeling massive haha :)

holy shit, what a kerfuffle!!!!! :hugs:

holywood... the vouchers are currently under a pile of ironing, I am tackling that later and I will look and find out for you!

Dentist was very good, its amazing how nice they can be to you when you go private. He was understanding of my fears and also has a small baby himself so he knew what was best for pregnant women.

The 3D scan was amazing! Jake really found it a great experience. Here are a couple of pics.

Smiling at us
https://i979.photobucket.com/albums/ae278/drathzel/th_BABYBOND26W_7.jpg

Telling us we are losers (already)

https://i979.photobucket.com/albums/ae278/drathzel/th_BABYBOND26W_17.jpg

Sorry to hear your journey was such a nightmare! I hate traveling!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->