**Calling all Northern Ireland Pregnant and due 2012 ladies **8 girls born 15 boys**

Linds you'll DEFFO be an auntie, I reckon your little bro will find a wonderful woman and have some offspring :), just might take a while. Be awesome if your girls are much older and you get the whole experience when having kids seems so long ago :)

My little brothers gf is soooo broody. Don't think he'll be long out of uni (I hope) before they have a baaaaby. He definately wants to have 2 before he's 30, so I'm looking forward to that.

My SIL is trying now but seems to be getting nowhere, and my bro is nowhere near ready to reproduce (although he's married so that helps!) so I think it'll be while before I'm an auntie too!
Wyntir, you'll get used to bragging mums. Ignore is probably the way forward, or alternatively just be totally over complimentary of their son/daughter and there'll be nothing left for them to say :winkwink:

Linds you can be honorary auntie nuke to my two! <3

Met Sophia today... Wee cutie!

Linds you can be honorary auntie nuke to my two! <3

Met Sophia today... Wee cutie!

:dance:

Emma, I really don't see it happening! Not because he won't find someone (he's dating some medical student girl atm), but because I just can't see him as a dad! not in a bad way, but he's very independent and spontaneous!

Just heard today my SIL is starting IVF straight after her wedding in June. she's only 28 but they've been trying for a year and a half, her DF had cancer as a child, so they think that may have affected his fertility. I might get to be an auntie sooner after all...

I'll not be an auntie through my sister, she has chosen not to have kids and has been sterilised (she's 39 and made her decision 20 years ago and got sterlised 1 year ago)

My OH's brother will probably give us some nieces/nephews in the future but i dont think that will happen for a while!

Barry has one brother who is a nutcase and an alcoholic/cannabis addict and as such has a next to zero sperm count and ive got one brother who i cant see having kids! i have a TINY family. theres me, my brother, parents, one uncle on my mums side, one aunt on my dads side (but shes evil and we dont speak) and 3 cousins! thats it!

Sounds like my family! Just me and sister then mum has 2 sisters, one we don't speak to. Of the one we do speak to we have 2 cousins, one of which we don't speak to.

Dad has 3 sister, 2 are nut cases, 1 is normal. No cousins from normal one and don't know about the others!

Families.... Who'd have em!

I know, right?! There's always one person who's "not spoken to". My dad's sister is a horrible horrible woman. HORRIBLE. The last time I spoke to her I was about 18 and was staying at her house for the weekend, I confided in her that I was bisexual. That night she got so drunk she pissed herself while sitting in a chair so I phoned my dad to come and get me and bring me home the next morning. Later that day she phoned him and told him I was a lesbian :saywhat: and proceeded to tell everyone else in my family the same thing!! I could tell you some stories about her, none good!

Kev's Mum's family live next door to them and there's a big wall erected between them and the mother and daughter don't speak, all I've heard is that she's evil and tried to split the family up.

Nothing like that my end really (well, that directly effects me) My Mum has two sisters and my Dad has a brother. One of my Mum's sisters has some weird falling out with their other sister's husband, no one is quite sure why though.
7 cousins, oldest 6 months older than me. Everyone had two kids until recently my youngest Aunt had another baby with her new partner (age 46!) so he is 6 months younger than Silas!

Kev's younger brother's wife seems a little anti-children atm, but she's only 24 or so, hoping she comes around because he really wants kids. (Do NOT understand why people marry with that fundamental difference). I will be an aunty dammit!!!

i dont understand tat either, ive told barry before that if he didnt want kids i wouldnt have married him. it's probably the biggest issue a couple can have!

I'm trying to organise a meet in a couple of weeks ladies, at mookie world in dundonald, who's up for it?

Sounds like your family are as nuts as mine Nuke! :wacko:

I agree, if Jake hadnt wanted Kids I wouldnt have married him. He has always been a bit anti-kid when it comes to children he doesnt know/screaming children in shops but he always knew he wanted some of his own one day.

My sister and her (ex) long term partner were together 10 years as he waited for her to change her mind, she didnt and they finally split, she is now married to a man who is also sterlised and they have 2 dogs and are very happy that the dogs are their family!

Food poisoning :( started puking yesterday evening. It was too weird, could feel baby moving, and couldn't tell if cramps were from that or imminent D and V. Haven't been sick for over 12 hours. But I'm super paranoid. Can't eat anything, so ended up nearly fainting collecting C from school. Think im going to have to cancel my appointment this evening, was so looking forward to a wee scan to see if bubs still breech :(

Food poisoning :( started puking yesterday evening. It was too weird, could feel baby moving, and couldn't tell if cramps were from that or imminent D and V. Haven't been sick for over 12 hours. But I'm super paranoid. Can't eat anything, so ended up nearly fainting collecting C from school. Think im going to have to cancel my appointment this evening, was so looking forward to a wee scan to see if bubs still breech :(

That sounds horrible. Let us know how you are feeling and if you went to your scan.

I *still* teach dance classes and tonight I nearly threw up on stage! Fun!

Aw no hun :( THat's awful you poor thing :(
Hope you feel better soon :hugs:

Thanks ladies, feeling a lot better today, but still not 100% Woke up ravenous which must be good! I dragged myself to my appointment as I kinda wanted a once over as I'd not been well - it's so different here - she did an internal and scan as well as BP and urine. All still well, she didnt' do any measurements on baby though, so no idea if still 2 weeks ahead. i lost weight! first time ever in pregnancy - that'll be the puking then! Only shit thing is baby is still breech. Going for my GTT tomorrow, don't have to fast though, which is good - I had enough of food withdrawal in the last 48 hours!

Fingers crossed that baby moves for you! I know is the pregnancy dvd that i have it has a special section to encourage the baby to move out of breech. I dont know if its worth you tubing. The one i have it tara lee.

Did any one else have/is having breast feeding dreams? Its something that i want to try but I am so conscious of it not working (my mum had issues with bfing me) that all my dreams are ending up with me trying to feed my child and it not working! In the dreams my baby is never unhappy but just wont feed and i keep panicking that he is not getting enough food.... please tell me I am normal and that these dreams are fine!:wacko:

Oh Lucy *hugs*, that sounds so rough. Glad you are feeling a bit better and best of luck for you GTT.
Weird that they do internals that early :S, but woohoo a bit of weight loss.

Do they deliver breech over there? A few MWs will happily deliver a breech baby if it's not the Mum's first, it's a bit concerning but if bubs doesn't turn it maybe an option? I was thinking another girl for you but now baby is causing problems I'm thinking boy :p

You get so many vivid pregnancy dreams Mummylanning, about all manner of things. Something that's playing on your mind will appear in your dreams :hugs:. My first pregnancy I had a LOT of dreams where I lost my baby, or suddenly bled etc. I was so frightened of it happening, I couldn't stop the dreams. I haven't had any this time round thank goodness.
If you want to get perpared for wanting to BF, I highly highly recommend a trip to the LLL, Sarah McCann is amazing and very supportive. A good support network is definately the key to succeeding, as well as the want to do it.
:hugs:

glad to hear ur feeling better lucy! i agree about going to LLL, i went when i was pregnant and it was really informative!!

Thanks for the info....

I really need to get over my fears of being judged and made to feel bad for being worried about either being able to breast feed or the fact that I am not even sure I can or want to.

I certainly am going to give it my best try but I am soo worried about doing it wrong and feeling uncomfortable doing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->