**Calling all Northern Ireland Pregnant and due 2012 ladies **8 girls born 15 boys**

Went for my GD apt with endo today. Dietician said I was just borderline, diabetic nurse said I was within reason and doc might aswell have slapped me up the face and told me I have GD. I asked her was I not just borderline and she said the fasting should be 5.1, mine was 5.4 so I have it. I kept thinking I was going to cry, I was able to hold it in til I to home thankfully. She wanted to put me on tabs but I told her I wld rather diet control first so I have to check my glucose levels 7 times a day for the next 2 days and then do it every other day. I am dreading it already. Feeling sorry for myself tonight but I am sure I will get over it.

Massive hugs :hugs: I have been exactly there and it sucks SO much xxx

Very surprised they wanted to put you on tablets, espiecally when it was borderline. Tablets were never even suggested to me and I had the same elevation, although it wasn't on my fasting level, it was on my post-sugars level.

Come on Courtney!!! Wanna see this new baby! I cannot IMAGINE having Silas and a newborn, but you have what you have :)

Each contraction lasting about 40-50 seconds an is 4-5min apart. The actual contractions are still pretty bearable I'm still singing (music channel is on lol) an walking about I walked to see the foals about an hour ago x

Each contraction lasting about 40-50 seconds an is 4-5min apart. The actual contractions are still pretty bearable I'm still singing (music channel is on lol) an walking about I walked to see the foals about an hour ago x

when my contractions were a minute long and 5 mins apart, I gave birth about 2 hours later!! Have you phoned L&D yet?

Izzy, you think they'd have a slightly better bedside manner delivering that sort of information wouldn't you... don't beat yourself up though, it's nothing you've "done"... hopefully diet control will work. I'd say I'll very likely find myself in the same situation as you when I do mine first week of June...
Courtney, how exciting! I hope that no update since lunchtime means we'll get to hear your birth announcement soon! Good luck :)
I've had a miserable headache today. Bearing in mind I've had a daily headache for 3 years, I know when it's a bad one. I got up this morning as one of the girls was yelling, and my head felt like I'd had two bottles of red wine, searing pain. It's got a bit better as the day went on. So glad the doc I saw on Tue said I could take a low dose of ibuprofen as that's the only thing that's helped...

Izzy, you think they'd have a slightly better bedside manner delivering that sort of information wouldn't you... don't beat yourself up though, it's nothing you've "done"... hopefully diet control will work. I'd say I'll very likely find myself in the same situation as you when I do mine first week of June...
Courtney, how exciting! I hope that no update since lunchtime means we'll get to hear your birth announcement soon! Good luck :)
I've had a miserable headache today. Bearing in mind I've had a daily headache for 3 years, I know when it's a bad one. I got up this morning as one of the girls was yelling, and my head felt like I'd had two bottles of red wine, searing pain. It's got a bit better as the day went on. So glad the doc I saw on Tue said I could take a low dose of ibuprofen as that's the only thing that's helped...

Hopefully u don't hwm! What weight was your baby? I am feeling much better about it all today. Tested 6 times so far and all have been within range. Just showed hubby and he said what the heck were u eating for breakfast and lunch as it was nearer the higher than lower limit so my aim is o get it even lower tomorrow just in case the doc decides it will go over the limit as the weeks go by.

C was 4.17kg (9lb3) and B was 5.01kg (11lb0.5) so I think they will definitely test me! I'm going on holiday next week, then going to try and control my diet a bit more anyway the week before the test...

Yeh do definitely. Cut out all extra sugar and limit your carbs a wee bit. I was only good a couple of days before even though I had intended to be good before then. Maybe it wldnt have made a difference but who knows! Now to test for the last time today! My hubby is busting to check his sugars out of interest but the wee tester records the levels so can't even let him have a go!

Sorry text buddies for not keeping use updated

Well im now a mummy to 2 pretty princess's

Rosalie Victoria was born at 19:17 weighing 6lb 12oz

https://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p116/crazyco-co/becec0a4.jpg

aaaaaaaaaaaah she's beautiful!! Gorgeous name too! Congrats and well done!! xxx

Congrats Courtney :) Great news she's beautiful and a gorgeous name too :)

Thanks girls, we are still in hospital waiting on my anti d then we can go home.
Was givin my lunch 10-15min ago yuck!!! Honestly I don't think the mince was cooked it still looked pinky, I ate the ice cream, OH went an got us McDonalds tho bless him.

Rosalie is such a darling only cryed twice once because her belly was getting ready for a huge explosion in her nappy an the other because she was getting peckish. Having a little trouble with her taking her milk, well takin enough without spewing it back up.

Hope you girls are well?

X

Izzy, I went to ask today about GTT I don't need an appointment, and I don't have to fast and it's only 1 hour, and they're not doing fasting bloods apparently... I have to pay for it (25 EUR) then claim it back from health insurance

congratulations! Beautful little girl, and a pretty name.

These past two days and nights, Jax has been sleeping less, and bringing up alot of milk/sick after meals, how can you tell the difference?

Izzy, I went to ask today about GTT I don't need an appointment, and I don't have to fast and it's only 1 hour, and they're not doing fasting bloods apparently... I have to pay for it (25 EUR) then claim it back from health insurance

That's strange everywhere does it different. Do u still drink the glucose drink? Maybe there are different levels u have to be between for that test. When are u going for it?i have decided the glucose they gave me tasted like warm lactulose, a whole cup full! Everyone else seemed to get a lemony drink or lucozade.

aw courtney she's lovely!! well done!! can't wait to read your birth story!

Izzy, a cup of lactulose sounds vile! I have to drink something, yeah. Going to go first week in June as DH has a day or two off then to have the girls so I don't have to do the sititng still with them!

Wyntir, do you mean the difference between milk and sick? It's hard to tell I guess when they're so wee, all the sick is so milky anyway! If it's right after a feed it'll be just milk most likely as it'll be undigested. He could have a wee upset tum, and maybe watering down feeds (or is he BF?) might help?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->