**Calling all Northern Ireland Pregnant and due 2012 ladies **8 girls born 15 boys**

You just need to feel happy with what you choose to do, and if you are worried you'll feel judged or guilty with being unable too/struggling to bf then it's better you know what's coming and speak to women who've been in both places. A lady in my december 2010 group really wanted to BF but after her cection her milk never came in. She was just warped with guilt and had PND etc, now she's expecting another and is putting no pressure on herself at all, not even 100% sure she'll even try to BF.

We all have different attitudes and ideas, but as long as your happy with your decisions - we'll support you! :hugs:

I agree with Emma. I lasted 5 days with Poppy, boy I was not prepared for engorgement and the pain! Couple that with lack of sleep and it was awful. This time I went in fully prepared to have to work at it and I pushed through. We still aren't there yet, but if you can get past the first 2 weeks you're sorted. And I know 2 weeks sounds like a long time but believe me, IT ISN'T. Who would judge you for breastfeeding?

Thanks for your advice ladies.

It's not being judged for breast feeding, it's being judged for not being able to/sure if I want to. My aim is to try but I don't want to be made to feel bad if I can't.

Maybe I'm just being silly. Sorry x

u dont need to apologise! If u decide it's not for you, whether u try it or not, it's your decision and if anyone tries to make u feel bad send them my way! I'll give them an earful. As for not being able to, the VAST majority of women can, otherwise the species would have died out long ago. I think of the women in 3rd world countries or remote tribes who have no choice and manage it, and they dont have the support we do! You CAN do it, but if you choose not to, fair play! Your body, your baby. :)

Personally i think every woman should try it but would never think badly of someone if they didn't. :flower:

What these girls have already said, they speak wisely! Do what feels right for you, if you decide to breastfeed and change your mind at a later date, that is fine!

Like Nuke said, the first couple of weeks is the tough time, I near gave up a few times in the first week or so. But through talking about it here and with midwifes/HV/Hubby I've got through it. Jax is almost 11 weeks and i'm still totally bfing him, and proud of it.

Today actually, we almost got to a LLL meeting, almost. We got a quater of the way up the road and I turned back cos I was soaked, and Jax was screaming his head of. Next month we'll get there hopefully.

oh emma i was there! so was the other emma!! would love to meet you both next time!

Thanks ladies, i'm feeling a little bit calmer on the subject. Met up with my bump buddies today and we discussed it and all other stuff so that helped as well!

oh emma i was there! so was the other emma!! would love to meet you both next time!

As typical! Lol

Jax wasn't impressed cos I woke him up by changing his clothes, he always naps around 10am. Fingers crossed for next time. What happens at the meetings?

There's talk about issues surrounding birth and breastfeeding. But lots of babies making noise and older kids trotting about, playing with toys. It's like an informal meeting.

And if you want any tips or help then Sarah is brilliant and there's loads of Mums that have a range of experience.

You know what guys? My family is actually crazy. Go back three years and they were all ideallistic middle-class 2-kids-each kind...
My Mum has two sisters, they were both married and had two kids. Their parens are very Christian and uphold all those kind of values.
About a year before I was pregnant my Mum's younger sister split up with her husband, everyone was in shock really as no one in my family seems to have had a divorce, she had been with her boyfriend for years apparently. She then (very sadly) had a MC (aged 41) but went on to have my gorgeous cousin Sebastien aged 44! Again unmarried baby blah blah blah hoohaa. It totally overshadowed my own pregnancy, which was another wee knock to my family.

Anyway, just got off the phone to my Mum and just found out her older sister is also getting divorced! But also that she's left her husband for a woman (I don't know if she's always been gay ((or is bi)), I hope not because that's one heck of a life/lie to lead :(). My parents are a bit anti-homosexuality due to their believes, but they're gonna have to get over it now!

So nuts, and this is totally overshadowing my current pregnancy which my family don't know about yet...tbh with my Nanna being so frail I don't know if she can cope with all this family stuff. But at the end of the day, I'm glad both my aunts are on the path to happiness, it's a shame it's taken so long for them both.

ah you can't beat a bit of family scandal. every family has it!! does your nanna really HAVE to know?

Don't think she knows about the gay bit (not sure if she could ever live with that) but the divorce has shook her enough.

Heya ladies :) How are we all keeping :)
Got to see my wee munchkin again today :) Stayed strong and didn't find out the sex :)
Have to have another scan at 32 weeks so I'll get to see bubs again before they arrive :)

Aw Emy that sounds like a lot of drama to take in at one time!!

Emy you have my sympathies! I have one of those "looks very normal, middle class" families too!

Well done Dizzydoll! You won't regret it I promise :) I do think you can see willies on the scan though (was talking about this with another Mum today!) and I won't lie and say that this time my eyes won't be peeled :rofl:

I havent posted here in AAAAGES!!! So Ill give ye a wee update.

So, Trinity is now 11 weeks. We had lots of problems with BFing so we quit at 3 wks , she had other ideas.... So we went hell for leather in relactating and have been EBF just over a week now!! Shes just getting more enjoyable by the day. Laughing and giggling and smiling all day with the odd wee winge here and there.

Shes sleeping pretty good too, 8pm, 9pm, 10.30 11.30 5am 7.30am, Each feed for about 40+ mins mind you so shes just about stuck to me in the evenings but thats okay. We get a good stretch at night..

We've started baby wearing too, and Oh thank you JESUS for baby wraps!! I can be slightly mobile again.. :haha: I never thought Id want to be a "natural Mum" but since having her, its all just fallen into place, its working for us and we love it.

So thats us for the moment..

Hope your all well and Im going too read back through this thread to catch up on all of you ladies. :) :flower:

Congrats Kra :)

Hiya thenewmrs :) Sounds like you are doing a fab job! :) Is that a wee pic of Trinity in your ticker? If so she's so cute!! :)

Wow!!! You relactated? You're a LEGEND! That's amazing and very difficult to do, you must've really known that's what she wanted to go ahead with it!

I never saw myself as a 'natrual mum' before my first...and well...now I've been BFing for a year and a half, babywear everywhere, BLW...everything. It all just fell into place! You never know what kind of parent you'll be until you're there.

Wow!!! You relactated? You're a LEGEND! That's amazing and very difficult to do, you must've really known that's what she wanted to go ahead with it!

I never saw myself as a 'natrual mum' before my first...and well...now I've been BFing for a year and a half, babywear everywhere, BLW...everything. It all just fell into place! You never know what kind of parent you'll be until you're there.

We did, it was a tonne of work but well worth it! She loves her boobies, who am I to deprive her of them? :shrug: our entire journey is there in my sig if you have a half hour to kill sometime..

I love that you are N.Irish and a hippyMum too. (thats what my OH calls me!) Its crazy, before I had T I considered BF but only for 6wks, no idea where I got that figure from?? She ddecided otherwise... Then she just loved being cuddled so much that I bought a Natibaby wrap off Adverts.ie and gave it a go... She LOVES it, when she sees me wrapping up she kicks her little feet in excitment... Bless, but I find it shocking funny to see all the stares we get when were out, most people are positive about it though which is good. :)

Mummylanning, I have no ineternet at home (connected slowly via my phone at the minute) so youtube is out but I'm going to google that video you mentioned...
Emma, I don't know about breech - I think I can deliver like that but only at the hospital, not the birthday centre - seeing the MW next week, so will ask then - she doesn't seem worried yet though... I think maybe your nana doesn't need to know about gay auntie... but fair play to her for doing what she wants to now :)
Wyntir, great news on the BF :) can't believe Jax is 11 weeks already! How are you keeping?
DIzzy, go you for team yellow! everyone in germany seems totally shocked that I don't know the gender (more so I guess cos I've two girls already!) I'm having a scan at 32 weeks too :)
Kra, hi :wave: Congrats on your pregnancy, is this your first? I'm also due Sept...
Hello TNM :) great news on your BF! My cousin managed the same thing with her first son - I can appreciate what hard work that must have been!

As for me, well we've been here 2 months now, and last week moved house properly, no internet here yet though as I said - so I have unlimited but very slow 3G on my phone, so I'm connected via that at teh minute - slow doesn't begin to describe it - but probably still better than the early days of dial up!
I forgot to go for my GTT - oops! It's not the full test apparently, a screening one, so It's not like I had an appointment for it, but I had childcare last week which was when I meant to go and I forgot with all the house moving stuff!
Germany are playing Holland in the football tonight (not that I care) but it's a huge deal here - I can hear car horns outside already - on Saturday the noise went on well after midnight!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->