**Calling all Northern Ireland Pregnant and due 2012 ladies **8 girls born 15 boys**

holywoodmum pretty much summed it up, I used Fertility friend to track my cycles, and took my temperature every morning.
Good luck Samantha!

YoungNImum, love the name Rosalie, so pretty!

What you guys think of Raylan Oscar?

Raylan is a lovely name as is Oscar, but Raylan as a first name is so nice cause it isn't heard much here!

Hi ladies can I join you? We're expecting our first on 20 July after 16 months TTC - so excited :happydance::happydance:

Congratulations Conina! Welcome :)

Love the avatar, sweet

Sharon, Raylan and Oscar are the only boys names hubby and I have agreed on lol

holywoodmum pretty much summed it up, I used Fertility friend to track my cycles, and took my temperature every morning.
Good luck Samantha!

YoungNImum, love the name Rosalie, so pretty!

What you guys think of Raylan Oscar?

Like then both, you dont hear either of them much, my sister liked Raylan for her 2nd son but it kind of clashed with Riley her 1st sons name, she ended up with Kinlee.

Hi ladies can I join you? We're expecting our first on 20 July after 16 months TTC - so excited :happydance::happydance:

Hey welcome, of course you can join us and congrat :happydance: ill add your info to the front page x

So iv started getting a few bits and bobs in for wee womens Birthday party, the theme is ponys, and was chatting to the guy who owns the horses (yard is at my house i was stable hand till i found out i was pregnant) and he has aggreed that we can use a gorg big mare for horse rides, altho i did say we shall wait and see how the weather is before i say to all the kids coming, dont fancy walking them round in the snow.
But OH was talking to his mum last night (she lives in England) about me planning the party etc and he said she seemed upset because she wouldnt be here, but she changed the subject rather quick, but tbh Im more upset that my twin sister and her 2 boys wont be here as they moved to england last april with her OH.
Sorry for the small rant, but i could go on for ages haha
x

stupid england. most of my family lives there too. and ive a tiny family! i only have 3 cousins and they all have their spouses and kids all in england :(

welcome conina and congrats!

i love the name oscar! if im honest im not too keen on raylan but im veeeeeeeeery specific and fussy :blush: and my OH is even worse. :dohh:

hehe thats ok, hey if everyone liked the same name, we'd all be called the same lol

iv 5 sister (only my twin lives in england) And an auntie to 13 kids and another on there way, so there will be plenty of kiddies well hopefully lol And ill b asking a few friends along aswell with there kids but half the time they let you down at the last minute :(

Did any of you ladies have private scans? We're thinking about it, just because we won't get our "proper" scan before Christmas and we want to be relaxed about telling people round then. We were looking at Windsor Health Group on the Malone Road, does anyone know anything about them?

On average, if you have a 28 day cycle, you will ovulate 14 days before period is due. Which in the case of a 28 day cycle is 14 days from start of period.
If you have a 30 day cycle, it's 16 days after your first day of period.
These are all averages.
2ww refers to the two weeks betwern ovulating and your period being late (hopefully!) when you can test...
Some people check the daily temperature, or take ovulation tests to work It out more accurately. I never have... you are most fertile in the days leading up to ovulation...
I got a wee android app called period tracker which will estimate your fertile time based on your period dates...

so would I be right in thinking that if I hav irregular periods I wont be able to figure out when Im ovulating?
sorry to keep askin, I just dont get this at all :blush:

Did any of you ladies have private scans? We're thinking about it, just because we won't get our "proper" scan before Christmas and we want to be relaxed about telling people round then. We were looking at Windsor Health Group on the Malone Road, does anyone know anything about them?

I have my entire antenatal care with Dr McCracken who is a partner there and have to say I can't fault him at all. I would highly recommend! (I was in the Malone place once last time round and it was a nice atmosphere too.)

On average, if you have a 28 day cycle, you will ovulate 14 days before period is due. Which in the case of a 28 day cycle is 14 days from start of period.
If you have a 30 day cycle, it's 16 days after your first day of period.
These are all averages.
2ww refers to the two weeks betwern ovulating and your period being late (hopefully!) when you can test...
Some people check the daily temperature, or take ovulation tests to work It out more accurately. I never have... you are most fertile in the days leading up to ovulation...
I got a wee android app called period tracker which will estimate your fertile time based on your period dates...

so would I be right in thinking that if I hav irregular periods I wont be able to figure out when Im ovulating?
sorry to keep askin, I just dont get this at all :blush:

I think in that case, you could try the ovulation predictor kits (opk) which will detect the hormone that is released at ovulation. Or tracking temperatures apparently will also tell you (i've no idea on this one, but a lot of people on here talk about "temping") I believe it is to do with a rise in temperature over several days indicating that you are about to ovulate. The other thing is to monitor your cervical mucus. It will go an egg white clear consistency at time of ovulation.
"Taking Charge of your Fertility" books seems to get a lot of good press too...

good luck with it samantha! i have slightly irregular cycles and have never managed to get a positive on an OPK! but i seem to be an exception as most ladies get a + at some point! i would highly recommend fertilityfriend.com, its brilliant for tracking symptoms, tests, periods etc! :thumbup:

and courtney, barry's family is MASSIVE. like honestly, blood relatives- i have 1 uncle, 1 aunt and 3 cousins (and technically they aren't even blood relatives as my dad and aunt are both adopted and unrelated!) barry's granny has... wait for it... 7 kids... 28 grandkids... 31 GREAT-grandkids and 1 great-great-grandson :shock: and that's just on his mum's side!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->