**Calling all Northern Ireland Pregnant and due 2012 ladies **8 girls born 15 boys**

We briefly touched on girls names and both like the name Harleen :).

This is great (but also bad) because there's so many names I like that are a little bit more unsual but couldn't have used as a single parent (sometimes you need backup and agreement for these things). Our boys name is Mortimer (but would be shortened to Mort).

Nothing set in stone yet and I really am trying not to name the child before conception :haha:

Its good to be organised lol, I am almost 35 weeks and haven't come close to choosing a name! I have a few girls names, but no boys names.

I had my girls name from the day I found out and decided boys name at 14 weeks :), after deciding I couldn't justify naming him 'Roxas' and until my 12 week scan I just didn't believe I could be having a boy.

My general rule is to try a name that is a real name but hopefully within the top 500 but not in the top 100.

Half the babyname sites I looked on didn't think Roxas was a real name, and well, I think they're right :haha:

Love boys names that end in S'. Love Thomas and James, but perfer Silas and Tobias :p

we had our names all picked out from last time! our second fave was lola so that's our girls name, we are still debating boys names, we LOVE lennon, but had always planned on calling our first boy Peter after my dad, but I think we are settled on Lennon with Peter as a middle name.

We've had a girls name picked since the baby was concieved - Ellen Rose - after our two grannies. We really struggled with a boys name tho. I always liked the name Dylan - as thats my mums maiden name but as our surname is Graham is sounds like two surnames (personally I think Dylan works better with a Mc - as was my maiden name).
I then became obsessed that the LO was a boy round 18 weeks & was practially freaking out cos I didnt have a boys name & nearly turned my hubbys head. Eventually we have settled on Callum James.
However alot of people have said to me that the names you pick can go out the window once you meet the baby - you realise the names dont suit them - who knows!! :shrug:

id agree with that! when we had poppy i kept calling her ruby by accident for like the first 24 hours! :dohh:

Awwww!

Yes, I do think it's easier with girls names - most girls names are nice but boys names it's hard to get one that you 'love' the same way as a girls name.

I asked on here actually, and that's what really made up my mind. Then I just imagined it and I couldn't imagine calling him anything else!

I really wasn't looking forward to not having TOTAL control over babynames but me and K have very similar tastes. Middle names will be fun, am hoping for Blanche for a girl and either Patrick or Alexander for a boy.

Callum is on our list too Majella! Dylan was our 'boy name' when we had dd, but theres 3 in her class, which put me off. She is 7 though, it maybe just had a 'popularity spurt' that year!

I hate trying to think of names! Dd is so sweet she was at a xmas fair the other day and insisted on buying me a baby names book with her money, thought that was really sweet!

Is young mum ok? Haven't seen any posts from her in a while, hope shes doing ok xx

Just checked Courtney (YoungmumNIs) FB page, she posted a bump pic yesterday so all is good :). She's probably just busy with Eva :)

I have two friends with baby Dylan's, tis indeed popular atm. Gorgeous though, like I LOVE Evelyn and Evie for girls - Poppy too actually. Loads of names I like in the top 100, I just hated having a common name growing up. There were 5 Emma's in one of my classes and two Emma R's :growlmad:. Two of my best friends are called Emma also, and that's two of my closest! We just call each other by our surnames. K calls me Emmy and a few friends do, that makes it a bit easier - though people do assume my name is Emily!

The worst part is, I was named after my Great Grandma so it's not like my parents intended to pick a popular name :p!!!

I do love Jesse for a boy, but don't think Kevin's too bothered about it. I do think Ezra would go well with Silas <3. He mentioned Lucian but he has a daughter called Lucie so I don't really think that works :dohh:. We might've thought about Drake if I didn't have a friend with a little boy called Drake.

See I'm sort of the opposite Emmy. I hated having a 'weird' name when I was younger cos I couldn't get pens & key rings & stuff with my name on them. Then when I went to college no-one had heard my name before & were like oh I cant say that Ill just call you madge - which I fecking hated!!!!!
I love it now though cos I think it makes me unique but it took me a long time to get to like it, but it's nice now when people say oh that's an unusual name do you know what it means - then I can tell them yes it's an Italian name & it's means worthy of love! :smug:

Just noticed my ticker there - I think I'm officially in 3rd tri today!!!!!! Scared!!!!

I've heard that a lot from people with more unusual names, I think there's a happy balance, your own perception of your name definately has an effect on it. Had a friend called Inez who loved her name, but had a sister with a unusual name (that I can't remember) who didn't like it and went by Melissa instead. I actually think it may've been Majella!
At least with eBay you get a lot of custom stuff with your name on it :)

We know of two other baby Silas' so I do think it's coming back in. People like to look at more unusual biblical names too. Caught one on cbeebies recently too ;)

I'm going to have to be a bit defensive of Mort if we do go with it. Kev associates it with Discworld book 'Mort' and I always think of 'Secret Window' and 'Arsenic & Old Lace'. It's sort of classic and old, but essentially means 'dead' in french :wacko:. Mortimer in full meaning 'dead sea' or 'still water'. Morton is another version (there's a Morten in Charlie & Lola), so perhaps we may consider that?

3rd tri is the quickest tri ;)

We have a Majella at work :)
From a teacher point of view, Jack will be the most at the minute - have 6 in one class!!
I found third tri longest, but I went to 42 weeks twice...

I thought 2nd tri flew in but I think the realisation hit me that it has to come out soon! :wacko:

2010 rate Oliver the highest (2 of my 7 cousins are called Oliver), Jack 2nd and Dylan is hanging about number 16 :)

Our boy name is top 10 this year. (Even though I know only 1 other locally.)
Girl name is top 40. (I know of no others).

I'm not really bothered about being *very* different though, so I guess it doesn't matter much! :lol:

i like uncommon but not weird names iykwim?

madge :rofl:

I spent two hours on the phone with my OH earlier talking about names and i think at this rate we will just have to call it baby !!!

Olivia was my fav girl name from i was a little girl myself but there seems to be so many at the minute so it has put me of it :( I like Emily OH has no suggetions for a girl

Evan is the only boy name i like but OH doesnt and Milo is the only name he has suggeted but my sister has a dog called Milo so thats a big no thank goodness we still have a good bit of time to decide we have to be careful with certain names as surname is simpson so lisa,bart,maggie etc is out ha ha

I was at the midwife today and babies heart was 150 ,is the boy/girl steamtrain/gallopinghorse thing just a myth because i deffo had a steam train today !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->