**Calling all Northern Ireland Pregnant and due 2012 ladies **8 girls born 15 boys**

Ladies... have any of you used a TENS machine in labour before? Considering hiring one for use pre-hospital admission and wondered if any of you found it made a difference?

I had one both times - I got one lent each time, from both the Royal and the Ulster - where are you delivering? I think I picked it up about week 37...
I used it with DD1, but didn't get it on soon enough to be effective. Didn't get the chance with DD2 as she came much quicker!
I have a non-maternity one at home though which I found very effective for backache through 2nd pregnancy.
Definitely contact parentcraft or physio at whatever hospital you are using to find out if you can borrow one :)

I'll be in Craigavon. They'll not talk with me about anything since I opted for private care so may ask the consultant if he can get hold of one from there. For the sake of £24 though I'd be happy enough to hire it elsewhere and save the hassle. :lol:

I'm going for TENS this time i think too! def hiring one!

How soon can u start using them? My back has been so sore this past while and seems to be getting worse!

https://www.birthease.co.uk/birthease_shop/Elle-TENs-Machine-Hire.shtml

this company comes highly recommended. :)

No idea liz, though you wouldn't want the labour one just yet!

Hope everyone had a fab xmas!!!

Holywoodmum, so sorry I missed this..... HUGE congrats! x

Tigger, I am also a Tens fan, I am meant to be hiring one from the Ulster, 2nd on the waiting list so just have to wait and see if theres one available on time! Eeeekkk starting to wish I had paid for one to be honest!

BUT, I had mw yday and baby is still breech :-( Booked in for ECV next week so feel in limbo til then, to see if it works. I know I keep moaning about it , nad goodness knows things could be much worse, but it is driving me mad waiting. Should have had ECV 37-38 weeks but clinics weren't on due to xmas, so its just bad timing lol. Baby is still measuring small tho so does still have plenty of room to turn apparently which is promising. In the meantime I will be crawling round the floor!

Anyone know much about the ECV?

:hugs: I don't know much about if Miss Duke, but didn't want to read and run!

I'm getting a TENS for free! My friend from March Mums bought hers so is sending it to me! All I need to get are new pads :dance:

Miss Duke :hugs: I really hope baby turns before the ECV!

Nope, I know nothing about ecv either... Still time to turn I guess! Turn Baby Duke!

Some people say the ECV is awful and others that it's not too bad.

Some places let you deliver your second child breech - the risks aren't as bad for 2nd timers apparently. My brother was born breech with no problems :)

Are they wanting to do a section if they can't turn bubs?

Thanks guys!

Tigger, the physio dept rang just after I posted lol, so I went and collected it earlier, very pleased I have it ready! Thats fab you are getting one free, it really is great, if nothing else it distracts you nicely from whats going on!

Emy, they will consider me for a vaginal breech birth. Its very 'medicalised', the mw said they would want me to have an epidural and constant monitoring - partly in case a section is needed suddenly and partly because she said its really important you don't push until you are told, since the head is bigger than the bum, the bum can come out before fully dilated and then the head can get stuck. So the epi stops you feeling the need to push too soon apparently. She kept calling it 'an ssisted breech birth' rather than a natural, and said theres been a few at the Ulster lately due to undiagnosed breech babies - its not something that usually happens planned, most people opt for a section she says. Obviously if I went into labour myself, theres every chance there wouldn't be time for all that, especially going by how quick my other 2 labours were!
But you are right, she said they wouldn't consider it if it was my 1st, but thanks to it being my third theres more options :)

Sorry for the essay! I need to stop moaning, I know its not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but the thought of a section TERRIFIES me, especially when I will have 3 kiddies to look after!

ok, do i'be poas every day since bfp on sat, and I'm 4+3 now... anyway, this morning I. dipped two different ICs in same wee. one a nice dark bfp within one minute, the other a barely there line... So i held my pee and tested again.... Same two types of IC and a frer. Frer test line really dark and showed before control line, one ic +be, the other bfn - it's msking me really paranoid. Same brand IC gave bfp yesterday...
the pic is second lot of tests...
https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-PVd4pjUMZN0/TvyoGLwFOwI/AAAAAAAAAaE/7BQd5keejXI/s1600/IMAG0184-751679.jpg
Just looking for some reassurance!

Faulty batch of cheapies, or not so sensitive cheapies. There's no denying those other lines! :hugs:

Get a digi Lucy and put your mind at ease :hugs:

Miss Duke don't apoligise :), and yes I'd thought it would be more like that, Controlled breech birth. At least you have the options, but really hoping baby shifts around for you.

I have a digi left... Tomorrow maybe :) i'd forgotten how paranoia inducing this early stage of pregnancy is when there are no symptoms...

if you're still getting strong :bfp:s I'd say it was a faulty batch of ICs! If you were having a chemical you wouldn't be getting that :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->