**Calling all Northern Ireland Pregnant and due 2012 ladies **8 girls born 15 boys**

Ah ryt, I think they where pretty close last time I posted her weight, and to think there was such a huge gap between there birth weights :0 x

Sorry if i'm jumping in at the middle of a conversation but I just had to share with you NI ladies! As the Ulster hospital didnt gives us any clues to our LO's gender at the 20w scan, we just had to find out! Most people have only heard of private scans at 3fivetwo on the Lisburn Road (£200+ for a 3D scan and I think we were quoted £140 for a 2D gender scan), but we didnt have that kind of money sitting around! We went to Balmoral Healthcare on the Malone Road, they offered a Babybond 2D Gender Scan for £80 (and 3D scans from £140)! We had a fantastic experience there, lovely staff, quick to get an appointment and they even offered us a free 4D scan there and then! We had about 12 scan pics printed and put in a wee gift bag, and we paid an extra £10 to have all the scan pics on disc, which included about 10 4D ones! We had a lovely half hour or so with comfy pillows on the bed/chair where I laid down, warmed ultrasound gel and a large monitor infront of us to see everything, and we didnt have to crick our necks to look at the sonographers monitor!

So, just incase anyone is thinking about a gender/4d scan - I would fully recommend this place! I hope we'll be able to go back in about 10 weeks for another wee peek at our baby boy! :)

Thanks Reno. My friend got a gender scan for both her sons, £90 and she got free 3d scan pics both times. Congrats on havin a boy :) any names yet? X

Sorry ive had no internet in the house

Got scan on the 4th Jan and we are team BLUE ,we werent planning on finding out but it was hard to miss his wilbert HaHa so we got it confirmed also now due on the 16th May

yay for a boy Reno

I cant believe there is 3 babies here already its going to fly in for us all I bet

Love the bag its beautiful was it from TKmax ?

Im not sure if i should take newborn babygrows or 0-3 or a few of each ?

Xxx

Aw fantatic another blue bump :) I'll update front page, he got a name yet? X

u def need newborn size lauren!! poppy was very long and 0-3 still drowned her for like the first few weeks! i actually ended up going out to buy some early baby as the newborn size were even massive!

I'd say newborn aswell I took 4 and 4 sleepsuits. None of them would fit her tho, we hada stop and get loads of tiny baby stuff before we got home from hospital, and even they where still on the big side x

I'd say newborn aswell I took 4 and 4 sleepsuits. None of them would fit her tho, we hada stop and get loads of tiny baby stuff before we got home from hospital, and even they where still on the big side x

they are sooo big eh?

I think it was mainly because she was so small. When I went to see my friend and her son on Friday Ida buy 0-3 I wonted something he'd get plenty of wear out of with him being 9lb 11oz x

for pressies i normally buy 3-6 because we got LOADS of clothes as pressies but in my experience ppl either buy 0-3 so u can use it straight away, or if they want to get a bigger size they generally go for 6-9 or bigger! that's what happened with us anyway :D

Newborn was tight but managed to get a little bit of wear out of the stuff! Up to 1 month was the size I found that fitted him best for the first, well, month!

LOL Lindsay - 90% of the presents I got were 3-6! Bought most of the 6-9 and 9-12 wardrobe myself!

Newborn was tight but managed to get a little bit of wear out of the stuff! Up to 1 month was the size I found that fitted him best for the first, well, month!

LOL Lindsay - 90% of the presents I got were 3-6! Bought most of the 6-9 and 9-12 wardrobe myself!

that's so funny!

Thanks ladies I will deffo just stick to newborn stuff

Does anyone else feel a bit clueless this time round my son is just over 4 & so much seems to have changed from I had him

He does have a name its supposed to be a secret until he is born but i dont mind sharing with you ladies his name is going to be Evan surname is Simpson

i dont know if its boredom or what but i have not stopped eating today ,i mean like a whole packet of shortbread in one go LoL

^Lovely name.

Spellfairy congrats on boys!

I feel like i've hayfever, which obviously its way to early in the year for, but thats what it feels like

Hi Reno - thanks for your info on the scans. Saw your documentry on C4 - well done you, your wedding was beautiful!! :flower:

im interested as to what has changed lauren! what kind of stuff?

evan is a gorge name!

Two of my close friends just had babies in the mater in November & there is quite a few wee things that are differant from when i had Jack

You have to bring the baby with you in to the toilet or shower room

They dont like you to swaddle the baby

The way you make the bottles up is differant

They tell you to put socks on under the sleepsuits with feet

Your allowed baby wipes in the hospital now it was just cotton wool & water with jack lol

i just felt like right this is my second baby i know what am doing only to be told no its all changed has made me feel a bit uneasy

Xxx

Two of my close friends just had babies in the mater in November & there is quite a few wee things that are differant from when i had Jack

You have to bring the baby with you in to the toilet or shower room

They dont like you to swaddle the baby

The way you make the bottles up is differant

They tell you to put socks on under the sleepsuits with feet

Your allowed baby wipes in the hospital now it was just cotton wool & water with jack lol

i just felt like right this is my second baby i know what am doing only to be told no its all changed has made me feel a bit uneasy

Xxx

i used the royal and NONE of those things applied! except the wipes, i cant imagine them confiscating them... though i used cotton wool and water anyway!

although... i didn't make up any bottles in hospital so i dont know if that's changed or not. i was bfing.

ETA: GOD i hope i can tough out bfing this time, still feel guilty over giving poppy second best, don't think ill ever get over that :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->