**Calling all Northern Ireland Pregnant and due 2012 ladies **8 girls born 15 boys**

Don't get me wrong, I'm a massive supporter of BFing etc but FOBs Mum's oldest was bottlefed and he went on to Oxford uni whereas his two BF 1 year+ brothers both went to art college :dohh:!

I went to art college you jerk!

well... technically I didn't actually "go", but I was on their roll and was in the building! :haha:

So girlie due in may how use doing on buying baby it's? Iv pretty much got all the big things just kinda stuck on a double pram x

im not getting a double pram, im keeping my beloved quinny buzz and gonna pop Lola in the sling/wrap, I'd be wearing her out and about even if I didn't have Poppy! I have to buy... basically nothing! :shrug: no clothes (although i did buy 1 or 2 little things off ebay last night) or anything like that... just need to get my cloth nappy stash built up a bit! gonna be great not to have to buy nappies every bloody week and just see that money going in the bin from day 1!

I got a bambooty "transport" in the post the other day Linds and OMG it's so fecking cute! Even cuter than the teenyfits I already had. eeep!

How are you more likely to have a girl Majella? You going by the whole ovulation thingy? I thought many times I spotted a willy on the scans, just keep an eye out ;)

Well I have about 15 female cousins on my dads side & of them about 10 have had kids & there first was all girls bar 1.
On my mums side I only have 1 female cousin but her first was a boy.
My hubbys side is all girls too he has only 1 male cousin.

However now Ive said that my mums side its all boys - my mum was an only girl out of boys - her bro's family is the (same 1 female cousin mentioned before & 4 boys). Two bros have no kids & one bro adopted, other bro 2 boys.

Im confused now emma could go either way really couldnt it. I hope it goes mums side. I thought I saw a wee willy on the scan - but not sure if it was just cos I wanted to see one!! :haha:

:haha:! Well I thought I saw one, and so did my aunt's partner and we both did ;)

Just realised I never posted the 20wk scan pic so here its is only 12 weeks late!! :dohh:

https://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n532/majellagraham/Photo0066.jpg

Sorry pic's crappy just took on the phone!!

im not getting a double pram, im keeping my beloved quinny buzz and gonna pop Lola in the sling/wrap, I'd be wearing her out and about even if I didn't have Poppy! I have to buy... basically nothing! :shrug: no clothes (although i did buy 1 or 2 little things off ebay last night) or anything like that... just need to get my cloth nappy stash built up a bit! gonna be great not to have to buy nappies every bloody week and just see that money going in the bin from day 1!

I didn't know you'd chosen a name - love it! Our neighbour's wee girl is Lola Mae and I think it's such a pretty name - goes perfectly with Poppy too!!

On the subject of double buggies, we got one, but barely used it - really only cos we thought we ought to! I did like it though... it was a Safety First Duodeal Tandem I got for £30 on gumtree... I did use the babydan pram seat too when B was in the pram lying flat - but again that was a very short lived phase!

Just realised I never posted the 20wk scan pic so here its is only 12 weeks late!! :dohh:

https://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n532/majellagraham/Photo0066.jpg

Sorry pic's crappy just took on the phone!!

I love scan pics!!

:D Aw cool pic! I love the scans, so amazing.

obem- the poor woman in the red nightie is scaring me:shock:.....is it really that bad girls? Im sittin wit my legs crossed tight!:haha:

to be fair to her.... she pretty much gave birth to a toddler! monster!!!!!!! i personally don't think it was as bad as she was getting on, but i was more of a moaner than a screamer!

I was pretty impressed with 'disney girl' during her birth, it was so peaceful and the baby came out so relaxed

Diff people have diff ways of coping so I guess hers was squealing like a banshee!

Big scan tomorrow- eek how did that happen!

Kinda hoping she will give us a hint as our son is anti a sister and my instinct is girl, so if I am right I would want to talk girls up to him before he goes with us to 4D scan to find out for sure!

disney girl was amazing!!!

I haven't watched it yet - just too tired to stay up that late!

good luck with your scan!

Was red-nightie girl the one that had a hard time at the start then got an epi? Sounded like she was describing the pressure I had pre-labour. Horrendously painful but constant rather than in waves. That's what I had problems handling, was crying and all and wandering around the ward at 3am...they had to calm me down, got a little hysterical. Think that was after my second pessary.

But labour itself, you know you're working towards something - and when you're dialating at a good rate and having breaks between contractions you have enough relief from that really. At the end the contractions are about a minute long, so its a minute of VERY intense pain, and when the pushing started it felt good, kind of like relief to go with your body?
But as everyone says, own personal experience - everyone is different and every labour is different.
I was a moaner too, screaming required too much energy that I really didn't have.

So therapeutic to talk about my labour even a year later. Don't think that ever goes away :)

"disney girl" LoL I was shocked when the baby came out I thought she was in early labour because she was so relaxed etc she did brilliant & the other girl ,that was some baby !!

I need to get pram (going for the graco symbio) ,moses basket ,sterliser etc but clothes wise i have enough to open a shop from my son that were never used or on him once ,baby bath ,highchair .Have also started to get nappies in with food shop

Did anyone use a formula that the hospital didnt supply ,we will be using HIPP organic & the mater dont keep it but they have said we can just bring wee cartons in & Im going to try & get the disposable sterile bottles to put it in

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->