**Calling all Northern Ireland Pregnant and due 2012 ladies **8 girls born 15 boys**

I'm due to get flu jab tomorrow. Think it's just the seasonal flu one...

I had my flu jab ages ago, and havnt had any issues.

Luna how you feeling your due date is approaching :) x

i didn't, nor will i get, the flu jab! just doesn't sit right with me. have u spoken to your GP majella?

I didn't get it, my next door neighbour was pregnant at the same time - we pretty much had the same due date. She didn't get it either but ended up getting swine flu and having to have Bella nearly 5 weeks early...I don't think it's a cleancut thing. I consulted my family about it and none of them were keen I get it.

Bit mean that they don't let you eat runny eggs yet they want to inject one into you? o_O

oh the swine flu one? i got that wen i was pregnant with poppy. took a LOT of umming and ahhing and research but got it in the end!

I got the swine flu with Eva, but I wasn't offered it this time unless it's in the flu jab? X

So my eldest sister is due month after me, we where at my mums birthday meal, and she basically warned me of using the name Amelia, it's not a name I would consider tbh but I was abit pissed how she reacted, I'm not telling mine or OH'S family the names we have chosen altho I told my twin but she won't tell I didn't tell when she told me her sons name lol x

In a quiet mo I worked out that I have 80 working days left:thumbup:
16 weeks this Friday!

So my eldest sister is due month after me, we where at my mums birthday meal, and she basically warned me of using the name Amelia, it's not a name I would consider tbh but I was abit pissed how she reacted, I'm not telling mine or OH'S family the names we have chosen altho I told my twin but she won't tell I didn't tell when she told me her sons name lol x

was it because she's using the name Amelia?

In a quiet mo I worked out that I have 80 working days left:thumbup:
16 weeks this Friday!

wooooooo!! :dance:

Thank for the feedback. I'm not sure if it was the swine flu or just the seasonal one I got. Maybe nothing to do with how I'm feeling but it's getting the blame for it anyway!!!!
I think like you said nuke - I'll definitely do a bit mo research next time if it's offered. :thumbup:

I think this year it is seasonal flu and swine flu combined. perhaps i should read a bit more about it before I go tomorrow!

I think you're right holywood. The combined thing rings a bell with me.

Yep just saw this on nhs website

This year's flu jab (2011)

This winter’s flu jab protects against the same three strains of flu as last year’s vaccines. These include the H1N1 strain of the flu virus. H1N1 is the same strain of flu that caused the 2009 swine flu pandemic.
H1N1 is included because it is likely to be one of the major flu strains circulating in Britain this winter.
The best time to have a flu jab is in the autumn, from September to early November.

I got my flu jab back in november last year, haven't had any cold or flu up until now when I've took a minor cold.

30 weeks today girls! Only about 6 weeks left of work

30wk :0 how exciting!! Not longer till u meet your wee baby, youv gotta fair bump now swell (fb pic) x

if I was to have any bleeding, who do I get in touch with if my hospital is the Ulster? I was at the midwife this morn for my booking in apt and I meant to ask her but I forgot. i did have bleeding last time and remember not being able to get i touch myself, that i had to be referred to the midwife or GP but if its at the weekend/evening what are you supposed to do. I think I remember before you have had your scan aswell it was usually the gynae ward you were seen on rather than maternity, is this still the case? Just want to be prepared in case it happens this time.

if I was to have any bleeding, who do I get in touch with if my hospital is the Ulster? I was at the midwife this morn for my booking in apt and I meant to ask her but I forgot. i did have bleeding last time and remember not being able to get i touch myself, that i had to be referred to the midwife or GP but if its at the weekend/evening what are you supposed to do. I think I remember before you have had your scan aswell it was usually the gynae ward you were seen on rather than maternity, is this still the case? Just want to be prepared in case it happens this time.

im not sure about the Ulster at all Izzy I'm sorry! I couldn't find a number for their early pregnancy unit but here's the Main Hospital Number 028 9048 4511, and their Antenatal Appointments number 028 9056 1364. id try phoning one of those and asking for the EPU. :hugs:

when i bled last time round i went to A&E 3 days in a row and they did feck all except book me in for a scan in a few days time. it didn't end well unfortunately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->