**Calling all Northern Ireland Pregnant and due 2012 ladies **8 girls born 15 boys**

just make sure u get travel insurance as it's international!

Techinally your baby would be an Irish citizen - that cud be confusing. But like nuke says get travel insurance cos I think they have to pay for medical care down there. I heard a story once about a women who was down visiting family & she child got ill. She toook him to the doctors & he gave her an injection needle filled with something. Then proceeded to explain to her that the injection was 15 euro & if she wanted him to administer it it would be another 15 euro!! :shrug:

Im well chuffed with myself today - I have my hospital bag all packed ready to go!! :happydance:

I'm looking into travel insurance this very min

Do you not just bring your NHS slip and then they treat you and charge the NHS? Is that only for some countries? I've had treatment in Spain and USA and I think that's how we dealt with it? I could be wrong...must ask Google.

Just updated front page, boy girl boy girl and a boy nxt there's a pattern going on! And all the babies seem to be pretty small (weight) up till yet :)

How is everyone feeling? X

Yeah it used to be the e111 form emy! (my phone wanted to call you 'emu' just then. :haha:

I'm still babyless. Have resigned myself to the fact I have 9 days left. I've found my general frame of mind to be much better avoiding bnb and Facebook and the likes (it's nothing personal!) so think I might continue checking in less often. :dohh:

I got my next scan date in its 9th March so by that time i'll be 40+3!! I really dont know wot to think now. Im worried they saw something not quite right last friday now. Thankfully Im with the midwive again on thursday so im going to ask if this is normal or wot!! :shrug:

Just had a look at the EHIC form on nhs website. It says the following about Ireland...

"There is an agreement between the UK and Irish authorities, which means that forms E106, E121 and the EHIC are not needed by UK residents visiting, working or living in Ireland."

and this

"You will be treated on the same basis as a resident of Ireland. Remember, each country’s health system is different and might not include all the things you would expect to get free of charge from the NHS. This may mean that you have to make a patient contribution to the cost of your care."

i agree! get the insurance, it's not expensive! i watched a programme once about a guy who went skiing, broke his leg and ended up slapped with a 10,000 bill!!!!!!!!!!!! he said "the insurance was 19 pounds and i thought that was too expensive" ... sod's law, if you don't get it you'll wish u had!

i wouldn't worry majella, I'm sure they would have said something if they were concerned about anything!!

and debs, i understand that, do what u need to do! just text me if anything happens!!!

Ulster Hospital ladies

What happens at first hosp apt?

Last time it was questions with mw, blood tests, bp urine and weight, into doc, then for scan, all while OH sits in the waiting room until scan time. Is it still the same format?

This time round for me the scan was first which meant OH was then free to disappear back to work while I went through all the dull stuff!

Your about right izzy, for me it was wait at the front for 5-10min I got called to get weight, bp and check my urine sample then OH was called an we sat in waiting room for ages then I got called into room to help fill in green folder (notes) then back out to wait for scan which was bloody ages then home. 20wk scan we had scan an seen MW all in 30min hoping the same for my next one with it being at 3:00 :(

Sharon these may babies will be here in no time :)

Tigger your time will come your wee man is keeping you on your toes!

And we ain't using Olivia as a middle name now if this baby is alittle girl, OH's sister is having a girl and announced to everyone she's naming her Olivia I'm abit disappointed but gotten used to it now, like OH said tho our little girl should have her own name and not have to shAre lol! X

they will also ask you if there's any domestic abuse, as they do at pretty much every appointment!

Yeah, they told me they had to ask it three times and I was like '...but I live on my own :shrug:' so they didn't ask it again :p

Think beetroot may be on a growth spurt at the min, I feel hungry all the time! I just had lunch just over an hour ago and am currently thinking of food and what I could eat.

Plus hubby was talking to a person we met back in parentcraft classes last year, they had their baby end of Nov. 12lb!!! Eek!

Friend of a friend just had her 2nd baby over 10lbs...waaaah!!!

One little girl at my group was 11lbs6oz but was born by section at least!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->