**Calling all Northern Ireland Pregnant and due 2012 ladies **8 girls born 15 boys**

My 'little' girl was 10lb14!!!! What a shock that was!!!

Hopefully they do the scan first so my OH doesn't have to sit around for 2hrs while I go in And out of random rooms. I always thought it was weird doing the scan last in case u did all the forms etc then there was nothing there at the scan.

We did a baby poll for my family and my younger cousin (13 at the time) wanted to guess 10lbs but his Mum told him to change his guess hahaha...he'd have won the prize. Both my Grandma's babies were over 9lbs, but my Mum and her sisters were small babies and I was a small baby (6lbs10oz) so no one was expecting me to get that gene.

We did a baby poll for my family and my younger cousin (13 at the time) wanted to guess 10lbs but his Mum told him to change his guess hahaha...he'd have won the prize. Both my Grandma's babies were over 9lbs, but my Mum and her sisters were small babies and I was a small baby (6lbs10oz) so no one was expecting me to get that gene.

Yours was 10lb? Did they make u do the test for gestational diabetes this time?

He was 9lbs14oz. I was borderline for GD but despite pricking my finger 7 times a day for nearly 4 weeks I never got blood sugar higher than 9. My GTT came back 7.8 and 8.6, they were very resisitant to say I had GD apart from just after I gave birth and then they wouldn't let me have jam? :shrug: I didn't change my diet at all since my blood sugar was never high.

My BMI is 31 so if I don't lose weight they'll make me take one, they will anyway unless I lie about previous birth weights etc which I'm not intending to do.

Tigger, 9 days - yay! Although sorry for your false start...
Wyntir, just check with the insurance it covers you that late in pregnancy - I struggled to get one for 33 weeks.
Majella, I'm sure it's nothing to worry about - they'll just want to check placenta is still OK as it's over 40 weeks - hopefully you won't need it!
As for small babies so far, I think I can buck the trend again... 9lb3, 11lb0.5 and ??? this time?!
Izzy, just had booking in at the Ulster today - just like you said - only this time we had to wait over half an hour before going in at as they were running late! Tested urine, BP, height, weight, history with MW, bloods, then scan. We were there closer to three hours today... (and I did wonder about the scan being last in case there was a problem - it was the other way round at the Royal)
But the scan was brilliant! 11+1 today, but they dated me at 12 weeks spot on - so I think the trend for big babies will continue :)

Attachments

• IMAG0295.jpg
    IMAG0295.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 3
That's a great scan pic Hollywood mum. How many pics did they give you?

He was 9lbs14oz. I was borderline for GD but despite pricking my finger 7 times a day for nearly 4 weeks I never got blood sugar higher than 9. My GTT came back 7.8 and 8.6, they were very resisitant to say I had GD apart from just after I gave birth and then they wouldn't let me have jam? :shrug: I didn't change my diet at all since my blood sugar was never high.

My BMI is 31 so if I don't lose weight they'll make me take one, they will anyway unless I lie about previous birth weights etc which I'm not intending to do.

My BMI is high too, was hoping the morning sickness would help me drop a few lbs but not really. When do tey usuall start testing?

I got 3 pics izzy. My bmi was measured at 28 today, and no eyebrows were raised. I think it's after 20 weeks maybe, but not sure on that...

I am dreading what they are going to say to me, I think my BMI is about 34 ish! I need to lose about 3 stone in a week lol!!

I get told by my mother daily that i'm gonna have a big baby. I don't think I look that big. I have a low BMI, and don't have GD. Hopefully friday's hospital appointment sheds some light on what size beetroot is.

What a fantastic scan pic! Legs everywhere! Glad all is well Holywoodmum and sorrry to heAr you also hada long wait hopefully 20wk won't be as long did you get a date for it?

Out of curiosity at my 28wk scan, do I get to look at screen an get scan pics? I'm going to ask anyway.

Wyntir saw your bump pic on facebook, your bump is grOwing fast!! X

Lucy that pic is superb! It's really lovely. I'm getting some girl-vibes but have a track record of being wrong!

I don't remember any of my appointments taking longer than an hour (except the diabetic clinic ones...that was like a day out lol), that's mad. Am assuming you didn't have the girls with you?

My BMI is high too, was hoping the morning sickness would help me drop a few lbs but not really. When do tey usuall start testing?

My morning sickness took my BMI down but not enough! It was just under 32 when I was pregnant the first time and now it's just under 31. Anything over 30 and they test you and you are 'medium risk'. Was talking to the midwife at my breastfeeding group and got that confirmed.

Did a test to confirm my BFN so really hoping the witch would hurry up and get me ¬¬

Nuke how are you and Lola doing? X

We are grand thankyou! :D

Poppy's been a right wee cow today, but Barry's home now so I've tagged him in :haha: starting to get very uncomfortable and the heartburn is back with a vengeance but oh well!

Out of everything, I hate heartburn the most. I've never spent so much money on milk before lol.

Today mum and I went shopping, got some sheets for crib. I got a pyjamas vest top and bottoms set from primark, slippers and pants all for £11.50! Wasn't sure of sizing, but the vest top fits perfect so I think I'll go back for some more. Hospital bag has started lol

What a fantastic scan pic! Legs everywhere! Glad all is well Holywoodmum and sorrry to heAr you also hada long wait hopefully 20wk won't be as long did you get a date for it?

Out of curiosity at my 28wk scan, do I get to look at screen an get scan pics? I'm going to ask anyway.

I am going at 19 weeks, so I can go just before we move to Germany, so it is on the 6 April - doesn't seem long! It's a week sooner than I thought it would be (even for 19 weeks) as seeing as the baby measured 12 weeks instead of 11, they did it for 7 weeks time...

Lucy that pic is superb! It's really lovely. I'm getting some girl-vibes but have a track record of being wrong!

I don't remember any of my appointments taking longer than an hour (except the diabetic clinic ones...that was like a day out lol), that's mad. Am assuming you didn't have the girls with you?

Did a test to confirm my BFN so really hoping the witch would hurry up and get me ¬¬

Girls were at childminder thankfully, we were meant to collect them at 5 but we were there so long I had to ask my mum to go for them!

We are grand thankyou! :D

Poppy's been a right wee cow today, but Barry's home now so I've tagged him in :haha: starting to get very uncomfortable and the heartburn is back with a vengeance but oh well!

I feel your pain with the heartburn. Only v mild for me so far, but first time round I wasn't stricken until 33 weeks, 2nd time much sooner!

Techinally full term today - scary!!

Any word on debs/tiggertea?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"