**Calling all Northern Ireland Pregnant and due 2012 ladies **8 girls born 15 boys**

happy term day majella!!

wyntir, yano milk actually makes heartburn worse? :haha:

what all r ya putting in your hospital bag?

This is whats in mine, packed it all up last Sunday - so proud of myself!!
Hospital Bag

For Me: (Suitcase)
 Green Notes
 Birth Plan
 Labour Gown
 Pyjamas
 Nursing Bras
 Breast Pads
 Nipple Cream
 Maternity Pads
 Black Pants/Disposables
 Slippers
 Socks
 Dressing Gown
 Toothbrush & Toothpaste
 Magi-cool
 Deodorant
 Face Cloth, Scrub, Cleaner, Toner & Moisturiser, Wipes
 Lip balm
 Hair brush, Hair Clips.
 Shower Gel, Shampoo, Conditioner
 Hair Dryer, Straighteners
 Towels
 Ear Plugs
 Snacks (Cereal Bars, Fruit), Water (Will throw in last min!!)
 Book
 TENS Machine
 Going home outfit

For Danny: (He can pack his own bag!!)
 Camera/Camcorder
 Mobile Phone – list of numbers to text
 Change for car park/phone
 Nibbles
 Change of Clothes
 Car Seat (When he finds out when we are getting out)

For Baby: (Packed in a separate changing bag)
 Newborn nappies & wipes, Nappy Sacks
 Nappy Cream
 Newborn Hat, Mittens & Socks
 3-4 Baby grows
 3-4 Vests
 Blanket/Shawl
 Bibs
 Pram Suit
 Hooded Towel
 Baby Toiletries - Top to Toe Wash/Sponge/Shampoo/Powder/Lotion
 Going Home Outfit

Think it might be a small trailor I need - the hospital will think im moving in!! :blush:
I've been told to expect to get NOTHING from the hospital not even a towel after your shower so im taking everything!! So glad im not bottle feeding from the word go as id have to bring all that crap too!!! :haha:

Any mammys who have been there before - I welcome any hints of things to add or remove. Thanks :thumbup::thumbup:

I think youv defantly covered everything lol I'll be adding lip balm and maybe one of those wee handheld fans, there was a big one on while I was pushing but it felt like it was the other side of room!

Thankfully iv not had heartburn, just back and hip pain :(

Wyntir: your bump is perfect!

Nuke: I loved her we'd bird seen the pic on Facebook!

The wee fans a gd idea - i had the magicool in there but that would only give you a few seconds of coolness at a time. :thumbup:

Thats quite a list of things to take Majella

I wouldn't bother with hair dryer and straighteners etc tbh.... Last thing I felt like after was prettying myself up with that much effort. Tho I may just have been lazy.

Also for baby you won't need all the toiletries, they advise you just to use water or just olive oil in water (at least they did 3 yrs ago!), but what u use when u get home is none of their business! They prefer cotton wool to wipes and sponges too (though I am bringing wipes).
I didn't bother with nappy sacks or bibs either. :shrug:

It's so hard when it's number one... You feel you need to bring everything on every list you find, but with. No. 2 it's more 'f**k it, if I need it someone can bring it to me!!'

The hospitals actually aren't that bad at supplying things... Craigavon actually gave me nappies and stuff for the first night so I didn't have to start searching my bag for them. They also provide the little bottles of milk here (I know that doesn't apply to you tho) so even if you did bottle feed straight away, you wouldn't need to bring it all with you.

I'm still babyless! :lol: slightly better frame of mind though. In one week it WILL all be over one way or another. Have myself prepared for every possible outcome now I think.

Oh, and I'm the most pregnant I've ever been.... Abbie came of her own accord at 38+2.

Aw tigger! at least you have a deadline, there was someone on my august 2010 mums group that had DS1 at 34 weeks, then went a week overdue!
Majella, it's a big list! If you can fit it in one bag, then why not. But I also wouldn't bother with hairdryer etc - some hospitals are weird about people plugging in things that haven't been PAT tested!

Aw tigger! at least you have a deadline, there was someone on my august 2010 mums group that had DS1 at 34 weeks, then went a week overdue!
Majella, it's a big list! If you can fit it in one bag, then why not. But I also wouldn't bother with hairdryer etc - some hospitals are weird about people plugging in things that haven't been PAT tested!

Ah, didn't know that! They better let me blow dry it - I have afro curls & mega fizz. My hair hasnt been naturally dried or unstraightened since I was 12!!!!! :growlmad:

There's something else I'm putting in that bag - a big stick to keep people I don't want to see out!!!! :haha:

I had soooooooo much in my hospital bag, in reality all i needed was:

change of clothes
black pants
going home outfit
hair bobbles
slippers
PHONE CHARGER!!!!!!!!!!!

for poppy:
nappies
1 vest
1 sleepsuit
snowsuit for going home

that was pretty much it, i wasn't interested in having a shower, i just wanted to get out of there and get home!!

big stick sounds like a good plan! I think y'll probably get away with plugging stuff in, as lindsay said most folks plug in their phones...

Well my straighteners are portable so I really just need the hair dryer. I hope thats all I need nuke but knowing my luck I'll be there for a long stay.
I asked yesterday about the 40+2 scan date i got in. The midwife said it was totally normal if I havent delivered by that time, they check fluid levels, see if the placenta is still working ok, offer you a sweep & plan a date for induction. So a bit happier about that.

I straightened my hair during my antenatal stay and they didn't care. I would bring them if you always blow dry your hair as you will want to wash that hair as soon as you're able after labour.

Next time I will be bringing Quilted Tissue paper. I had it as home cause it was on offer and don't know how I'd have survived without it. Espiecally compared to the sandpaper-cheapie stuff they have in hospitals. When you're bits are in that state you want to wipe them on clouds :p

i couldn't even wipe! i had to pat myself and it was excruciating even at that! omg i just remembered about the first post-birth poo... not looking forward to that!

Well we had a scan this morning. Different consultant (and so much nicer) baby is around 6.10lb. Everything is looking good, fluild levels are good, placenta is good. My blood pressure is still normal, urine clear of proteins and such.

And its 100% a baby boy!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

thats great wyntir!! take the weight estimations with a pinch of salt though, they're usually pretty far out!!

I think my packing will consist of:

Slippers
Dressing gown
Nighty/pj trousers
Lip balm
Hairbrush
Maternity knickers
Pads
Comfy trousers-top-coat for coming go
E in
Phone charger
Orange juice

Baby bag:

Nappies
2-3 vests
2-3 babygrows
Snow suit
Hat
Loads of bibs
Blanket

Aw fantastic wyntir! I'd be straight to the shop buying blue stuff lol glad everything is well and your scan went well :)

Random question but dose anyone use the wet wipes (in your bathroom) ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->