**Calling all Northern Ireland Pregnant and due 2012 ladies **8 girls born 15 boys**

Thanks Danny, hope it all goes well, send her our best wishes, fingers crossed he/she arrives tonight :)

Thanks Danny!

Glad everythings ok, was starting to worry a bit. Majella must be exhausted :(

i was thinking the same! poor woman. thinking of her loads tonight.

Jeez, bit of catching up to do here!

Majella/Danny - thinking of you both, really hope baby has arrived safe and well and everything is hunky dory. Can't wait for a wee update - that girl's a trooper.

Wyntir! A girl after my own heart lol, you saw Rammstein and I am SO jealous! There are a few gigs coming up soon that I have to miss now cos they'd mean travelling down south and I don't think I'm in a position to go anywhere (update on that in a sec...had a wee trip to Craigavon on Thursday). Glad you enjoyed it and that you're finally on maternity leave - relish every minute of that, lol.

Cheers for all the birthday wishes girls, it was brilliant - me and the baby got thoroughly spoiled. Got kicked out of my house Weds afternoon by my parents so me and OH went to pick up my cousin and sat in my nans waiting on him...UTV was on, we were nattering away and next thing Frank fecking Mitchell had a picture of me when I was 7 wishing me a happy birthday! That was a big shock, I was mortified, lol. Then we landed back home to find the house jam packed with all my family and friends and a ton of presents. Two of my mates had made me a nappy cake from scratch (must see if I can upload some pics). I was going through the stuff opening it all - everybody watching - and next thing I pulled out a box of JLS condoms!!! Only my lot could pull a stunt like that - I neither need condoms nor ANYTHING with some boy band on it in my house!

It was all great but later that night I started feeling very crampy and weird. By Thurs morn I felt leaking, so rang down and the midwife told me to come get checked. Started having tightenings just as we pulled into Craigavon hospital and crapped myself (not literally ofc). They don't think I'm leaking waters, but I was having tightenings. A couple of them were wicked strong, one hit as I was being examined so they put me on the CTG to check things out. They were happy enough to let me go home cos they were only hitting 13/14 on the CTG but I've to keep an eye, still having loads of them and if they get stronger/painful/closer I've to get back down there. I think I might be in for similar to what my best friend had - her 'Braxton Hicks' (turns out they were actually very mild contractions, apparently BH don't efface/dilate your cervix) went nuclear around 32 weeks, she was having them constantly. She reached term thank God, but spent ages in slow labour gradually dilating. By the time things properly kicked off she was over 4cm and the wee man was born within an hour and a half of her getting to the hospital! So I'm hoping that maybe that's the case rather than me heading for an early delivery - I've never got past 38 weeks before but as long as I get to 37 I'll be happy.

Aw Majella hope by now you have your baby & you are both ok xXx

Thanks for the update Danny, hope you have bubs in your arms by now x
Eshka, quite a birthday then! Hope your wee baby stays put for another month for you then, but yes, travelling too far sounds like not the best idea at the minute! A friend of mine was in Kilkenny at 34 weeks visiting family, her DH at home in Portstewart, went in to labour, and baby was born before DH got there...!

Thanks for the update Danny, hope you have bubs in your arms by now x
Eshka, quite a birthday then! Hope your wee baby stays put for another month for you then, but yes, travelling too far sounds like not the best idea at the minute! A friend of mine was in Kilkenny at 34 weeks visiting family, her DH at home in Portstewart, went in to labour, and baby was born before DH got there...!

Lol, God we don't want that happening, OH is all kinds of petrified/excited cos it's his first and I think he'd be gutted beyond belief if he missed our wee man's arrival!

Hope to hear some exciting news from Majella soon.

Eshka you've had quite a time of it recently. Mini Eshka stay put for a few weeks more!
Someday you must go see Rammstein, I assure you they are worth the travelling for! Just for the fireworks, flames and brilliant show they put on, and they are completly bonkers at times lol.

I've spent my day cleaning, started at half eight by putting a chicken in the slow cooker for later today, so then cleaned the kitchen counters. AFter I took down the blinds and washed them, followed by white baby clothes and blankets. I've just finished washing down all the wood and skirting boards in our bedroom, moving the bed and hoovering every bit of floor. Now i'm gonna wash dressing table and sort through letters, after which i'm cleaning every inch of bathroom.

Somebody's nesting! Still waiting for the urge to kick in with me...:haha: I've been having an extremely lazy Sunday, featuring mainly a massive dose of garlic bread all to myself, followed by two Cornettos. I don't normally have an appetite of late so it's nice to be craving food, it'll help get this wee dude nice and chubby!

I am livid, though. Just found out my aunt's little boy has scarlet fever - he was ill while here at my party the other night and she neglected to bloody well tell me. My youngest has zero immune system thanks to her condition, and I really don't need either of my girls coming down with scarlet fever - the youngest has two very important appointments to keep over the next week :( They were already sniffling and coughing a bit yesterday when they went to their dad's and if I'd known my aunt's wee boy was ill I'd have kept them home! Grrrrrr!

sounds like nesting wyntir!!
eshka, Hope the scarlett fever doesn't gte your two - very irrepsonsible to bring sick wee ones out like that - I hate when people do that

They both seem fine, thank God. Hopefully, if it were going to make an appearance, it'd have happened quickly. The woman amazes me with things like this - her kids pick up EVERYTHING going and she doesn't think to mention it, let alone keep them away from other children until better.

However, the girls' clever daddy went and told them that I rang to ask how they were, and told them their cousin is ill. Very bloody sensible when my 7 year old is going through a phase of listening to/absorbing EVERYTHING and claiming she has every sickness under the sun.

First thing she said to me when she came through the door: ''Oh mummy, I've got a sore head.'' I panicked, checked her temp (nothing, totally fine), and when she announced she was starving I thought aha. I asked her what daddy had said, she told me he'd said her cousin was ill with a sore head/throat. I explained to her it was very important she didn't tell me she felt sick if she really didn't...turns out she's fine. She always plays up in some shape or form when she comes home from his house.

I think I'll take my aunt and their dad and thump their heads together.

Wee update from Majella to say she had a section but she's on cloud 9 and has a great baby! :haha:

Did you get a pic and/or more info Lindsay? Got the impression I missed one.

But I hear the baby is a little girl :)

i got a pic, it came through in a seperte msg after the update one! I'm assuming it's the one she sent everyone so is taking a while to send to all her contacts! She is gorgeousssss. Ellen Rose. I'm in bed with a stupid cold so cant upload pics but if u havent done it by tomorrow morning emma i will! Huge congrats to maj!!!

I'm on it ;)

Gorgeous baby Ellen Rose! 6lbs 6oz born at 7.46 this morning!

The boy/girl pattern continues!

Attachments

• 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 19
awk just look at her wee face :cloud9: i love babies' tongues. So tiny.

Wee sucky faces and their breath smells like angels :cloud9:

Awwww! Big big congrats to Majella - she's a wee doll, that's brilliant news! So pleased for her, hope the recovery goes well.

Hi everyone,

Just a quick update, Majella and baby are doing great! Feeding well and sleeping well!

Thanks to everyone for their support and kind words, it's meant a lot to Majella! :thumbup:

She will hopefully be home in a couple of days, I'm sure she will be on to chat with everyone.

Take care and thanks again!

Danny x :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"