**Calling all Northern Ireland Pregnant and due 2012 ladies **8 girls born 15 boys**

i love the name Loki! I wouldn't name my own kid a biblical name but i do like the unusual ones, my best friend's wee lad is Seth and I love that too. Loki makes me think of the film Dogma!

i love the name Loki! I wouldn't name my own kid a biblical name but i do like the unusual ones, my best friend's wee lad is Seth and I love that too. Loki makes me think of the film Dogma!

Yup that's what I first thought of too - Dogma!

May as well keep the unintentional 'villian' theme going. Loki is the enemy in Thor and that series of marvel comics, I think he's the main villian for the avengers, named fter the norse God.

:thumbup: Eshka, and LOL born with name tags! I think I'd want consistancy in the spelling too. I do like biblical names for boys but am less fond of the girls ones (there isn't very many and they tend to be seriously overused by church-goers) Phoebe is nice though, about the best of them I'd say.

Was really surprised to see Silas' 'girls name' - Elsie, ranked at 108. Got very popular the year I might have used it. Will be top 100 next year probably.

May as well keep the unintentional 'villian' theme going. Loki is the enemy in Thor and that series of marvel comics, I think he's the main villian for the avengers, named fter the norse God.

:thumbup: Eshka, and LOL born with name tags! I think I'd want consistancy in the spelling too. I do like biblical names for boys but am less fond of the girls ones (there isn't very many and they tend to be seriously overused by church-goers) Phoebe is nice though, about the best of them I'd say.

Was really surprised to see Silas' 'girls name' - Elsie, ranked at 108. Got very popular the year I might have used it. Will be top 100 next year probably.

I've noticed names like these becoming much more popular - I'm an awkward b*tch in that if anything's popular, I'm not interested, lol. I like unusual/unique things, but to me Loki and Silas are very very unique!

Where do you find the info on names Emy? The popularity thing I mean?
I haven't a clue how popular the names we have/liked were. We just liked them so ran with it. :lol:

National statistics website, though I've just noticed that N.Ireland is listed seperately to Eng/scot/wales!

https://www.statistics.gov.uk/hub/r...&pagetype=calendar-entry&lday=&lmonth=&lyear=

It's a spreadsheet, the last tab is the full list of the names with registered births of that name. Less than 3 Silas' born in N. Ireland 2010 o_O, I'm surprised at this...the full spreadsheet is the registered births from 1997 to 2011, only the first names with 3 or more are ranked.

Where do you find the info on names Emy? The popularity thing I mean?
I haven't a clue how popular the names we have/liked were. We just liked them so ran with it. :lol:

That's the best attitude to have really, I'm a bit obsessed with charts of names and popularity of names, just find it really interesting how public opinion changes. It's not a new thing - it's something I've kept an eye on since I was about 13 :haha:, top 100s anyway.

Scan went well baby is weighing about 3lb 10oz ,his head was measuring 32 + 6 :dohh: ,still dont know whats happening with my birth plan they will decide at my 36 wk app if I will need a section or not :wacko:

Scan went well baby is weighing about 3lb 10oz ,his head was measuring 32 + 6 :dohh: ,still dont know whats happening with my birth plan they will decide at my 36 wk app if I will need a section or not :wacko:

That's a great weight! Good to hear it went well, slightly jealous too - I'd love another scan lol, they never gave me an estimated weight at my last appointment.

Why are they considering a section, if you don't mind me asking?

Wow big head on the wee man! That's a very good weight for 30 weeks I think, hoping you don't need a section, can't remember if you said you had one with Jack?

Thanks girls

I never had a c section with Jack but he got stuck (big head also) was back to back & my pelvic bone had tilted so I ended up in theatre for forceps & had an episiotomy which didnt heal properly so I had to go back & have an op to repair it after he was born but it still hasnt healed properly to this day (sorry if this is to much info) & it would tear after sex / bowel moments ,my pelvic floor is damaged as a result of all this I have chronic constipation & a urinary stricture so they are going to make a decision if I need a section incase I end up with a third degree tear & any more damage to my pelvic floor as that could leave me incontinent ,also my placenta is low lying :blush:

xXx

dear god lauren... I would normally do anything to avoid a section but if id been through all that i think i'd be begging for one! If the weight is accurate that's a great size! Did u get any pics? I've my 30 week appointment tomorrow but not sure if ill get a scan, i assumed it was just for my anti-d!

My friend and my sister said the same thing but I cant think of anything worse ,I was so so gutted when I had to have an assisted delivery ,I had a spinal block in so couldnt feel anything & wasnt allowed sit up for 12 hrs after it which meant they had to care for him the first night & was in hospital for 5 days after .This time I want to deliver as naturally as I can & experiance that feeling of him coming out into the world & go home to my family asap .I will break my heart if they say I need a section

They didnt give me any pics ,they tested my urine ,did blood pressure and bloods today

Good luck tomorrow let us know how you get on

xXx

Just looking to pick some brains!

It has been 9 years since I had my wee fella so lots has changed, yesterday I got an appointment through to go see the anaesthologist and was wondering was this standard at the Ulster or cause of my previous labour- ended up a forceps delivery and had to be given epidural that would have knocked down an elephant for it too finally work!:dohh:

Sharon, I never had that at the Ulster. Have you gone for an elective section at all? Do you have long to wait for it?

No elective section-would do anything to avoid a section! Appointment is when I am 35-36 weeks, so have till after Easter to wait! Just don't like being blindsided an appointment with any kind of consultant wasn't mentioned!

My sister in law who had placenta brevia, had emergency section on Monday at 32 + 3, little boy weighed in at 4lb 6 which seems fantastic for 8 weeks early. Just saw pictures he is gorgeous just hope they get to hold him properly soon, as they look so lost in an incubator!

Aw congrats to your to sister in law ,that was a brilliant weight for a premie ,hope they are both doing well xXx

Congrats to your SIL what a great weight, has he got a name?

Iv my anti-D nxt Thursday hopefully it's like the one I got with Eva straight in and out, that bloody place would cook you alive with the heat!

OH mentioned using Victoria as a middle name or mine, my twin is called it and it's my mums 2nd name so would kind of be nice keeping both children with family names, don't
no if i really won't to use mine tbh we shall see x

That's a great weight! Good to hear it went well, slightly jealous too - I'd love another scan lol, they never gave me an estimated weight at my last appointment.

Why are they considering a section, if you don't mind me asking?

Eshka, did they give measurements on your notes? Femur length, head circumference or abdominal circumference? There are calcultors online that use the same type of statistical analsysis to give estimated weight based on those measurements...

Just looking to pick some brains!

It has been 9 years since I had my wee fella so lots has changed, yesterday I got an appointment through to go see the anaesthologist and was wondering was this standard at the Ulster or cause of my previous labour- ended up a forceps delivery and had to be given epidural that would have knocked down an elephant for it too finally work!:dohh:

Sharon, I never had that at the Ulster. Have you gone for an elective section at all? Do you have long to wait for it?

No elective section-would do anything to avoid a section! Appointment is when I am 35-36 weeks, so have till after Easter to wait! Just don't like being blindsided an appointment with any kind of consultant wasn't mentioned!

I did have a consultant appt at 34 weeks at Ulster, but not with anaesthesiologist...

My sister in law who had placenta brevia, had emergency section on Monday at 32 + 3, little boy weighed in at 4lb 6 which seems fantastic for 8 weeks early. Just saw pictures he is gorgeous just hope they get to hold him properly soon, as they look so lost in an incubator!

Congrats to your SIL!

No name yet on the wee one, and my sister in law is struggling after the surgery but they'll come through it all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->