**Calling all Northern Ireland Pregnant and due 2012 ladies **8 girls born 15 boys**

Unique Mum - I'm at the Ulster and haven't been told, although we didn't want to find out anyway. But they have signs up outside the scans room basically saying "Don't ask, because we won't tell you"

Might have a bath later Courtney, gonna touch up my roots and have a shower first. Saving the bath cos I'm still having pains and they are getting gradually worse -mostly in my back - and if they keep up I'll be taking some paracetemol and hopping in the tub to soak for a while (with the phone near hand as Gary's away to work in an hour and I'm on my own lol). I'd love to think it's something but highly doubt it.

Congrats to TheNewMrs too!

Omg 7hours?! That's ridiculous !

Welcome Unique.Mummy_ :) I'm with the ulster and 4/5 scans iv asked to no baby's gender and been told it's not the hospitals policy, I'll be asking at my next scan aswell no harm in asking, where in NI you from? I'll add your info to the front page x

il be asking when i get my big scan , one of the woman doctors i seen during my last pregnancy was going to tell me but my daughter was being a munchin and not staying still ! im from belfast x

I asked last time and they said no, told them thanks anyway and I was going to go for he 3d scan. She said she would check then cause she hated people having to pay. Apparently it has changed since then and they really aren't allowed to tell you but I have heard others have been told. I will be asking in a few weeks if all goes well at my 20 week scan but I am expecting to be told they can't tell me.

Sure at least you can ask if they say yea great if they say no then your team yellow lol

Eshka good idea, the bath helped me so much with contraction pains, and was totally shocked to get to hospital an be told I was 8cm soon as I got to my room an got on the bed I started pushing.

X

I can imagine, I love my bath cos it's a big freestanding tub thingy. Still I think bathtime for pain is a while off, lol, the aches have now turned into tightenings but only just, so I don't really know how far apart they are or anything, plus they're very very mild so I doubt I'm in any luck this evening!

Lindsay, we have a lorry coming on Wednesday, but we're going to be packed before then I hope, so they will move the boxes out and take our big furniture out for us...
Mummylanning, congrats on team blue :)
Sharon, what is PUPPP?
Congratulations Unique.mummy :) Another September baby! I had my 20 week scan at the Ulster on Thursday - I didn't ask to find out as we want to stay team yellow - we got a couple of clear potty shots on the screen, but I wouldn't have a clue what I was looking at or for!
Eshka, hope these tightenings pick up for you :)
Congrats to thenewmrs :happydance:

As for me, well, had my scan on Friday as I said, baby still ahead of schedule and I've been moved forward 8 days. I think it's bollocks to be honest. I know when I could have got pregnant and there's a chance I could have been 2 or 3 days out, but not 8... anyway, they said I could refuse induction if I wanted to stick with my own due date... not sure how that will work in Germany though, I have no idea what their opinion of "overdue" is!
The packing is going pretty well, (I think) but I'm getting exhausted really easily. So pleased though that DH is here now, and that's us back together now :) We are in mum and dad's house now, and on Friday move to our temporary place for 6 weeks, then to our proper house in June... phew! oh and a holiday to Spain in there as well!

oh i dont have a clue what im looking for either lol all i can do is try & see if i get a doctor that will say but getting a 4d scan done either way as itl be an amazing experience & there always nice to have & look back on ! whens your due date

Happy Easter

OH took me out for lunch yesterday it was really lovely and hoping to head to downpatrick to be spoilt for my birthday!

Hwm glad your scan went well despite the date change, do you no which hospital you'll be giving birth at yet when you move?
X

Trinity is here!!!

Sorry it took so long to update- we've had a pretty rough time!

I was admitted to hospital due to my high blood pressure on the Tuesday before she was born. I continued to have high BP, swelling on my hands, feet&face, sparkles in my vision. It kept getting worse so on the Sat morning my doc decided to put me on a BP tablet. I got violently ill, at the time I thought it was due to the tablet. I felt so dizzy and feint and I couldn't even stand up it walk to the loo. I took the tab at 10am Saturday morning and was due to take it again at 10pm again. I voiced my concerns to my doc about how sick I was an he told me "it's common side effects of the tab" but to take it again tonight and of it persists then we'll review the situation in the morning.

The night went on and i got worse and worse! I was vomiting, my head was thumping, and my legs and arms were shaking. My midwife called my doc who was in theatre and couldn't come see me so she called for another doc. Within two mins of an exam he made the decision at 2.45am to deliver the baby at 38w1d. He was amazing! He calmed me down so much, he told me to call my husband and ask him to meet us on the labour ward. It took OH 15 mins to arrive.

Down in the labour ward they needed to put me on a drip to calm me down and stop the shaking. It took about 30mibs or so for the drip to work, OH took off all my nail polish and the team came in to ask me all these question. It was only then i realised I was having a CSection not an induction!!

The doctors and midwives were incredible! My baby girl was born at 4.15am on th 25th march weighing 7lb 11oz. She was just perfect! I was in icu for 24 hours after the birth but had a MW who stayed between myself and another woman so we got to BF as well even though I was in ICU. My body went into shock and I lost quite a lot of blood so needed 2transfusions. Do all of that affected my milk and we had to stop BF @11 days as she wasn't getting enough and it was too tiring for me when I was recovering.

She's 2wks old now and were home and settling into a routine. She's just a dream and I'm so happy to have both of us alive and well. The csection was scary and the aftermath was very traumatic. I don't mean to scare anyone but I had severe preeclamsia and my own doctor missed it! I just wanted to encourage you all that if something doesn't feel right just go with your instinct and get a second opinion!

omg newmrs :hugs: that sounds so traumatic! so pleased you are both well now though! well done you, I'd have been the same I think with the panicking. any pics? :D

Wow sounds like you had a rough time, but glad to hear you an wee lady are both well now, thanks for the update :) such a pretty name x

Hiya :hi:
Thanks for the invite YoungNImum :)

I'm Nessa, from Waterford and I'm 27 and due my first LO in October this year :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->