Calling all Watermelon's

Welcome Mamabean!
This is a really friend/supportive group of people- hope you find it the same. All ask random questions and just generally rant about how we are feeling.

So..... how are you doing? :)

Good Morning Ladies,

Hugs to everyone feeling ill and emotional.

I think I've done an ok job managing my emotions but you'd have to check with DH on that :haha:

I'm a mango today and only 9 more sleeps until my 20 week scan :happydance:
I'll be 20w2days. All I know is that the tech better say boy since I've brought about 20 onsies in boys colors.

Any 1st time moms here a little freaked out?

My sister dropped off a box of hand me down baby clothes yesterday and I cried/panicked when I started going through it. I don't know what came over me but sometimes I find the whole being a mom thing scary. Don't get me wrong - I'm very happy but sometimes I doubt myself. Maybe its the hormones...:shrug:

Any 1st time moms here a little freaked out?

My sister dropped off a box of hand me down baby clothes yesterday and I cried/panicked when I started going through it. I don't know what came over me but sometimes I find the whole being a mom thing scary. Don't get me wrong - I'm very happy but sometimes I doubt myself. Maybe its the hormones...:shrug:

This is the most exciting but most frightening experience of our lives. I think us first timers are dealing with the unknown and that's what makes us a little bit anxious. I worry if I'll mess something up - like, how will I know if baby is crying because he is hungry or he has gas. If he's constipated or just sleepy. But I figure, if all these other mothers figured it out, surely I can :)

I do sometimes worry about being a good parent but I think most the time its about consistancy and working together with your OH. I know I want to provide my child with the best possible upbringing I can which is Im going to go back to work a few days a week. I want my child to do dance or learn a language if they want to and not have to worry about the finance side of things. :) I think its natural to worry what type of parent you will become- especially with the likes of supernanny on TV lol.

Last night I woke up 4 times from being uncomfortable. I start off sleeping on my left hand side but kept waking up on my right. I think its time to invest in a pillow if i want a decent nights sleep. I was hoping I wouldnt have to buy one. Maybe ill swap sides on the bed for a while and just stick a normal pillow between OH and I.... that will really kill any passion wont it? :(

Eurgh! Lucas has a sickness bug so been up and down all night with him and I have a migraine which is making my vision blurred and making me sick, rang work to let them know I wouldn't be in and got a very angry response :( trying to just let it go over my head but it has made me feel a ton worse than I already did!
Rant over, sorry :flow:

I do sometimes worry about being a good parent but I think most the time its about consistancy and working together with your OH. I know I want to provide my child with the best possible upbringing I can which is Im going to go back to work a few days a week. I want my child to do dance or learn a language if they want to and not have to worry about the finance side of things. :) I think its natural to worry what type of parent you will become- especially with the likes of supernanny on TV lol.

Last night I woke up 4 times from being uncomfortable. I start off sleeping on my left hand side but kept waking up on my right. I think its time to invest in a pillow if i want a decent nights sleep. I was hoping I wouldnt have to buy one. Maybe ill swap sides on the bed for a while and just stick a normal pillow between OH and I.... that will really kill any passion wont it? :(

we swapped sides a few weeks ago and I've been using a pregnancy pillow. It def helps but for the last 2 days I've had lower back pain that won't go away :(

Nicki I was the same way last night. I fell asleep early and tossed and turned so never got into a good sleep. Then I just outright woke up at 1am and didn't fall back asleep until after DH went to work at 630. I think I'm going to have to buy a pillow. I'm exhausted. Good thing I'm working from home today.

Jess I hope you and your little one feel better soon. Don't fret over the response you got. The important thing is that you two get better.

I'm also finding it very difficult to get comfortable. I try to start out on my left side but then my right hip goes completely numb. Then I turn over tho the right. Also I occasionally wake up on my back and I turn over to either side. I am not comfy at all in bed.

9 days until my ultrasound but I see my doctor tomorrow. I hope everything is ok with baby. I get so nervous before appts.

Update: Team :blue: for us now, moved forward 8 days to 16th Nov :)

Aww congrats on your baby boy! Lucky you..8 days closer to meeting your little man too, glad your scan went well xx

Wow! Congrats on your little boy! How exciting.

I cant believe you have been moved forward a whole week! Thats amazing. :) Ill update the first post now hun.

Congrats again :)

Its 50/50 so far. Cant wait to see which team is most popular lol

Congrats from me also! And you'll get to meet Beanie sooner too.

Congratulations on your team blue bubs!! and put forward too how exciting!! xx

Welcome to team blue 1eighty. That's awesome to be put ahead a whole week! So jealous :)

Well I am a mango today. And a week and a day away from my ultrasound. Had an OB appt today and it went quickly but smoothly I thinks. Bp was 124/70 I think. I gained another 2lbs. No sugar or protein in my urine. Heartbeat was fine (although the doppler was staticy so it made me nervous).My belly is measuring well. Doctor asked if I had any questions and I said no. He didn't go over my blood work as he must not be too concerned and also I'll be going to discuss it at my ultrasound appt as they are the ones that did the screening. He did want to 'do something' with my chart though which had me a bit worried at first but I suppose if he were worried he would have said something, right? So I just hope we have a great scan on the 20th and I could relax and enjoy baby. They also asked me If I was feeling baby and I said 'I think a little'which they said was normal and that some women won't be feeling it until after 20 weeks. So...I guess I'm ok.

Hope everyone here is doing well!

Congrats on your little boy. 8 more sleeps til my scan on the 20th can't believe how much this is dragging :-(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->