Calling all Watermelon's

Oh sigh and I'm so tired. I can't believe how much stress baby showers cause. I think I'm glad these haven't yet really started in the uk!! I remember the attic incident. They seems like ages ago! Just shows how long we have been pregnant!!!!!!!!

DH and I had a long talk and we're going to try to not let it bother us! If people want to be immature and moody it's their issue, not ours! We've spent so many years bending over backwards and dropping everything for his family (he's the youngest) but now we have our own family to look out for and they don't seem to understand that. A lottt of issues with his fam... gives me anxiety at times but trying not to stress!

Hope you ladies have a good weekend! We're working on the nursery :D

Can any of you ladies give me advice on how to tell what part of the baby is where in my tummy? I can't ever really tell what position he's in and it drives me crazy! All these other ladies say they can feel a foot or an elbow or the head but all I feel is squirming and kicks or punches but never really sure how he is laying in there. Will it get easier when he's bigger?

I think I kind of figured it out last night. This site is really neat and it has given me something to do. I love feeling the actual baby with my hands, it makes it so real! https://pregnancy.thefuntimesguide.com/2008/09/baby_position_in_womb.php

I'm another one who has no idea, I did know where the head was for a while because midwife pointed it out but baby did a big shuffle a few days later and now im none the wiser again!
Happy Monday to you all...weather is so depressing here :(

Hey all

Baby showers are sounding like a nightmare! Im not involved in organising mine and already Im worried because I dont want to play embarrassing games or anything like that. Though its not exactly a hen party so we should be ok.

As for movement, i can feel when he is stretching but i cant see a foot or elbow wtc yet. In the antenatel class we went to they said baby is constantly turning- normally clockwise. I have had it where i look down and my belly looks more square than rounded because of the position he has got himself into.

The christening was great yesterday though i sutpidly forgot my flat shoes so was wearing heels all day :dohh: and Michael McIntyre is AMAZING! Im getting the dvd for xmas me thinks :)

30 weeks today! SHOCKING! I honestly cant believe how fast this has all gone. 2 more full working weeks :happydance: hoping i can start winding down in the next 3 weeks as Ill be handing my work load over slowly.

Sigh so sorry that your inlaws are being so petty. I don't see why they don't understand where you are coming from on your last visit. It makes sense to me, completely.

My MIL is over sensitive and on Friday I know I probably hurt her feelings when I expressed how upset I am about how this shower is turning out. She'll probably ignore me for a few days or something. :shrug: I didn't think it was too much to ask to have a small family and friends (of myself and dh) shower. Instead it has turned into a huge party with 20 people I barely know being invited as well because MIL wants them. I just know that there isn't going to be any room at the house and my nerves are shot because of it. Also my mom didn't invite her friends and actually had me take a few family members off of the list because she knew they wouldn't come, so why put more bother on me? MIL on the other hand has invited her friends. People I've NEVER met (because this friend of hers said she wanted to meet me?!). She also invited these distant family members that I have only spoken to in passing because they were angry that we didn't invite them to the wedding. I'm sorry, but I paid for my wedding myself, so I couldn't invite everyone under the sun and I wasn't paying for people I don't even know. So when they heard we were having a baby they asked (rudely) if they would be invited to the shower and MIL told them yes! I said 'why did you invite them, I don't even know them! You could have told them that it wasn't your choice as I was doing the invitations!' And she started crying about how she doesn't need the stress of telling people no and it's just so much easier to invite them....:dohh: But now I have to deal with the stress of seeing these snarkyh, judgemental people at MY baby shower, where I will be uncomfortable, shy, and hugely pregnant. I'm just so angry. Let me tell you when this baby comes she will not be getting her way ANYMORE! It's about me and dh and baby and I will not be bullied into doing whatever she wants to save her stress. That's bullshit! Sorry about the rant I am still just so angry about it.

imsotired :hugs: I did my friends shower separately for this reason... this kind of thing is the norm when you're in an Indian family so I'm used to it. My 2nd shower is going to have about 75 people, 20 of which are close family/family friends and the rest are distant relatives who I barely know, mom/dad's friends and my sister's people (She invited her neighbor who I've never even spoken to!). You should ask the people who are important to you and DH if they can stick around afterwards for a little bit and maybe you can spend some time with them wihtout the chaos. Hope you feel better!

Check out the invitation my sister made for it. LOL.

I have a drs appt in a few hours so I'm going to ask her about the baby position thing. I've been feeling pressure on my right side ribs so I think she's diagonal. I'll let you guys know what she says!

Attachments

• 3352744_web_template.jpg
    3352744_web_template.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 2
Thankfully this is my last shower of any kind so this will not be happening again! And any other parties I may have in the future I will put my foot down about the guest list. MIL will not be manipulating me with her crying anymore. I could care less about her 'stress level'. I have had anxiety and depression on and off since 2007 so I know all about stress and feelings and I have never manipulated anyone with them to get my own way. DH just rolls his eyes and tells me to calm down but I am truly angry and what my shower has turned into is just a ridiculous circus. I'm sure I will not enjoy it. Oh well...

Sigh that invitation is adorable and funny! I love it! I just bought cheap ones from the party store and filled them all out myself. We did all of those fancy invites for the wedding and they cost a lot so I took the 'easy way out' this time. My hand didn't think it was easy after filling out nearly 60 invites, lol.

As for baby's position, I know that baby is usually head down around my lower left side and feet either up my left or right side ribs. Sometimes I think she levels out and lays across my torso with her feet on my right side but her head is always around my lower left. The last time I had a scan I asked where she was and ever since then I've been monitoring where I feel movements so I think I know. I could be wrong I suppose. I can't tell if what pokes out is her hand, elbow, foot, knee, etc, but I have an idea of what it is by the location of where I feel the kick.

I go see my OB on Thurs when I'll be 30 weeks. I had a very busy weekend and I had my first bout of swelling in my hands and feet/ankles. It seems better so far today but I'm not looking forward to it happening again! Hopefully the doctor finds everything is great and baby is doing well!

Good luck at you appt, Sigh! I hope everyone is doing well!

I have an OB appt today and I am doing my gtt. Right now, I'm four hours into the fasting and STARVING!!! Wish me luck ladies. :)

Oh Kelly! Good luck sweetie! In the uk we fast from 10pm then go to the hospital for bloods and the drink early the next moring (was 8am for me) then have the 2nd blood test 2 hours later. Hope all is well for you x x x

I had to go for my GTT at 9am and there was no one even there and we had to wait.
My baby always seems to lie right down as i can often feel kicking really low and he/she only moves up occassionally.

imsotired - we actually just e-mailed that to all the guests in an evite type thing :)

Appointment went well! I passed my GTT :happydance:. The dr said the baby's head is down by my lower left side and her legs/butt are pushed up against my right side ribs. She said that she's going to be moving around constantly but in the next month she should become more stationary. I'm starting to notice a pattern (mainly because of rib pain and not being able to breathe) so I'm guessing this is how she likes to lay. I've been afraid to push on my belly but the dr was jabbing me so hard with her fingers that it actually hurt a little! I can't wait until we can tell what is what :)

gluck today Kelly!

Almost 30 weeks.... CRAZY. Hope you're all doing well today!

I wish I could have emailed my invites but unfortunately a lot of the people we invited are older and not so great at email sort of stuff.:dohh: I do love that though it's really cute!
yay for passing the GTT! I think our babies are in the same position too, sigh! Though I sometimes feel her feel feet on the right side too. I'm sure as baby grows she won't be able to move as much and she'll be in the same spot more often! I feel a lot of pressure and pain under my ribs. It drives me crazy sometimes when I'm sitting up!

Glad you passed your gtt Sigh.
Toothfairy, mine I just had to fast for four hours, drink the glucose drink, fast another hour and then get my blood drawn. I should have scheduled the appt. for first thing in the morning but I didn't think about that. I made it without passing out though! I won't know my results for a day or two but I'm pretty sure I passed. Dr said baby is head down with body to my right but he moves all the time. He does tend to be head down most often though.

I thought all was going fine with my baby shower. Im not involved in the planning- I just gave my friends/mum a list of the people who should be invited (and if i thought they would actually accept so they had an idea for numbers).

Its all been done by fb- invites etc. My sister sent me a snotty text last night saying how upset she was that she is not involved in the organising of it. I said she could help months ago but as Im not part of it to contact mum or my friend. Last night she was trying to say its all about me and i havent considered her feelings........ hello! Im not organising anything! On top of that, were not particularly close, she lives over an hour away, she doesnt know who my friends are, she has no money coming in so couldnt afford to do anything anyway and I said for her to get in touch with them!!! I was so angry last night to receive such a crappy text and then she tries to argue with me saying its all about me and then 2 texts later she tries to use the guilt trip about her feelings and she wants me to be proud of her for once...... so now the baby shower is all about her?? wtf?

Rant over but last night i was fuming. I was just about to head out at 8pm to see my sister in the rehab centre who hasnt eaten a thing that day, and try and get her to eat. Yeah.... im always thinking about me obviously :dohh: I have enough stress with the baby and his brain problems, my two sisters, my day to day stressful job, and my hubbys work who are making him redundant just to reeemploy him at a lower salary.... but she felt the need to add to that stress when in my opinion i havent done anything.

how is everyone today?

Hunny your invites are amazing! So cool :) Im starting to feel pregnant lol. Need to start slowing down and resting more. Laminate flooring goes down at the weekend- so happy about that :)

God nicki sounds like you're having a tough time?! You should have avoided the American baby shower tradition!!! Seems they are incredibly stressful!!!!

I am 30 wks today! Yay!!

I've had a funny tummy for a few days now. Going loads (sorry if tmi) and quite crampy. Wondering if baby had moved and is pressing on bowel/nerves is different way!? He was breech at scan 2 wks ago. Today he's doing something very high up which is new!!! Dunno if kicks or his bum or what but is shoving high up under my ribs.... Almost makes my boobs wobble when does it!!!! Maybe he has spun head down??

Happy 30 weeks Toothfairy!

Glad to hear you passed your GTT Sigh! GL to the other ladies awaiting results.

Seems the unluckiness of the baby shower blues has hit me as well. A good friend of mine who is also lo's future Godmother insisted on planning the shower. Since most of my family is out of town I told her sure, have at. Well turns out she did about nothing for it as of yet -luckily I'd been making arrangements in the background on my own (just my nature) - and on top of it she lied about send the invitations out. So to date no one has received the invitations she claimed she sent out two weeks ago - mind you this was already 2 weeks later than she was supposed to have sent them. And she's still lying about sending them - I've had about 12 people tell me they haven't gotten something. One of them was even addressed to my house and I haven't got it yet so no reason. Mind you all of my family is out of town and my friends in town have hectic lives so we literally have to get on each others schedules. Some folks I talked to yesterday told me they'd already made plans b/c they had no idea my shower was on the 13th - how mad am I??!?!!!? I should've just handled it myself. She created this sappy ass fb event yesterday, I'm so mad :evil:

Anywho, I'm 30 weeks today :happydance: 75% complete - only 7 weeks until full term and 10 weeks until due date.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->