Calling all Watermelon's

Morning ladies! Goodbye eggplant hello squash!!

29 weeks for me and due date buddy blu butterfly!!

Hadnt realised we had changed to squash.
I had my GTT test done yesterday, it wasnt too bad just got to wait to hear back now.
I went to a committee meeting on sunday and got told i look like i put on weight rather than being pregnant-charming!

The same person also told me it was disgusting breastfeeding my 22month old.
I just laughed it off, but it did annoy me!

some people are so rude Cookie! Well done for just managing to laugh it off though, I think I'd have gone on a very hormonal rant!

I'm quite paranoid about bump size too though I know I have definetly grown, so i could really do without comments like that. I'm measuring right for my dates and mw didnt say anything so baby must be fine.
I think he/she spends most of the time right down in my pelvis as most movement is really low and i dont think i'm carrying much water again this time. First pregnancy was all baby and there wasnt much water when mine did go. My mum was also very small and hid her last 2 pregnancys until really late so I wonder if its possibly genetic.

Girls I thought I would take another bump photo today at 29 week. I took the last one at 25 weeks. I have to say I am really disappointed with it. Everyone comments on how they can hardly tell I am pregnant. Even though I feel huge and at scan last week baby was actually big for his weeks, I am sad that I don't have a nice big noticable bump. Gutted!!! I have only put on 7.5lb so far which is good as I was curvy before pregnancy.
Here are my 25 week photo (left) and 29 weeks (right) hardly grown either????

Attachments

• 25 weeks 2.jpg
    25 weeks 2.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 29wks.jpg
    29wks.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 1
We changed the squash already? I feel behind lol.

Toothfairy - your bump is cute!! I'm pretty much the same as I was at 24 weeks, except that I feel more pressure under my ribs now.

Cookie - you should've punched them! I would've cried... because I'm a weenie lol

Fab bump pic! I don't think I've gotten much bigger since 24/25 weeks either. but let DH tell it, i'm huge. He likes to walk around the house calling me "big belly."

Yaye on being a Squash! I had enough of being that eggplant. But is it just me or does it look like an eggplant is on that timeline a few fruits down again?

Gl on your GTT results Cookie. And don't worry about that jerk at work. Some people get off on making other people feel insecure, it's just because they want someone to feel as insecure as they do.

lol....maybe its an OH thing. My keeps saying im heavily pregnant- makes me want to slap him. Im small compared to most people who are 29 weeks; i am just tiny and its all at the front. I have only put on 7lbs aswell so Im not eactly huge.

Bump pics are lovely hunny xx

toothfairy29 - can def tell your preggers so ignore those who say you dont! I cant believe how irritated I get when some people say "oh you can hardly tell you are" - they just dont realise thats not what you want to hear!
I dont think Ive put on much weight - my weight gain hasnt been very much (I need to check though) as I havent gained back much appetite from those first 12 weeks. Luckily, like you im curvy so Im assuming that the midwife hasnt brought it up as its just not an issue. Im eating as healthily as I can (with a few naughty things!) but just not as much as I used to. I had my 28 week appt this morning and she didnt weigh me (just measured the bump - no probs) but the previous one Id gained a tiny amount and the one before I'd actually lost! Hopefully its all balancing out now x

My husband doesn't say much about the size of my belly. He probably thinks I'll cry if he does and he's probably right. When we took the spare bed and put it in the basement I couldn't help obviously because I couldn't carry a heavy mattress down 2 flights of stairs. When he got to the basement with it I tried to shove the treadmill out of the way and I couldn't without straining and I stopped not wanting to get any nerve or muscle pain. He looked at me and said, 'it's ok, I know youre useless' and I cried and cried and cried. He really didn't mean it like that he just meant that he knew I couldn't and shouldn't be moving the furniture around. He apologized over and over because he really didn't mean it that way.

I should be a squash on Thurs, yay! I wish they did more fruits and veggies like they do on the site on the ticker. It's lame that they leave the same ones for weeks!

You girls are so lucky haveing nice small bumps and only gaining a tiny bit of weight! I'm huge and I am just dreading taking the weight back off.

Cookie I'm so sorry you had such a bad meeting. Whoever talked to you like that is really ignorant and I honestly wouldn't have been able to keep my mouth shut and I probably would've cried also. Good job laughing it off:thumbup:

I hope everyone is doing well today. I'm trying to get the energy to finish cleaning the bathroom...:dohh:

To all you beautiful pregnant ladies: People can be real jerks! We are all beautiful and carrying a life inside us makes us even more gorgeous! Although, it doesn't always feel that way. :p I can't believe some of the things people say to us. When I was 9 weeks, my mil came to visit and the first thing she said to me is "Wow, you look pregnant already!" Thanks a lot mil. That's exactly what a barely pregnant woman who isn't really showing yet wants to hear.

ahhhhhhhhhhhh Boots's christmas stuff is online and i just saw this to put in the nursery

https://www.tesco.com/direct/leapfr..._cmp=ppc_g__&gclid=CKWZoMDEwbICFSfMtAodSTgAQg

Its only fitting baba should have a toy dog til he can have his own real life dog in a few years time. Anyone else got furbabies? I have two dogs and a cat... who have never really been around kids so starting to freak out about that a bit!

I bought my nephew the regular scout toy and he LOVES it. Its so cute!

We're lucky that our dog is not aggressive but he's older so he tends to avoid kids as they are too noisy for him. It's still going to be quite an adjustment and I worry at times. I was reading an article on how to get them ready for baby and one of the suggestions was to walk them near areas with a lot of kids while you're pregnant so they get used to the site and sounds of kids. We've also been lightly grabbing his ears and paws so he gets used to it since the baby probably will in a few months. My friend who just had her baby a week ago has 4 dogs and has done a lot of research on how to prep them for baby so she plans on posting the info on her blog at some point (https://4dogsplusbaby.blogspot.com/).

On a side note this made me chuckle: https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/205913_10103236632085244_5864674_n.jpg

How are you ladies feeling today? I have my GTT in 2 hours yuck.

GL on your GTT Sigh! And that document was soo funny, thank you for sharing!

I'm so sleepy, I can barely stay awake at work today.

Also very sleepy today as I haven't been getting a whole lot of sleep at night. But I really need to clean up the house a bit more today so I'm hoping I can at least get some of that done. I hate having a dirty house but some days I'm just so tired lately!

Sigh, I do have a dog but she spends a lot of time outside and does not have free reign of the house when she comes in. She is also older and tends to get a bit nervous around very small children but kids over 4 or so she is fine with. I don't plan on leaving them unsupervised together and I plan on teaching baby to be gentle as soon as she is big enough to touch the dog, God willing my dog is still alive by the time baby is big enough. I don't think it'll be a problem for us as the dog does not come in the living room and is not allowed upstairs near baby's room.

Dh and I may have finally decided on a name for baby! We are still mulling it around and haven't decided on a spelling but we both seem pretty happy with it so far. I hope it grows on us even more and by the time baby comes we love it!

Hope everyone is having a good day!

GTT doneeeeee! It wasn't so bad. The liquid actually didn't taste bad, it was the slight nausea/wooziness afterwards that sucked. I'm exhausted now so I'm thinking of taking a sick day the rest of the day and napping. Hopefully I won't have to do it again!

Imsotired -yay for picking a name! We haven't made any decisions... I like one name, he likes another so we're still going to name shop until we agree on something.

my belly is sooooooooooooooo itchy... i'm afraid the stretch marks are going to happen soon. I haven't been putting the belly butter on daily so it's partially my fault. blah!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->