Calling all Watermelon's

Happy 30 weeks to you also babyforme! I can't believe how far along we are.

I had an OB appt today and it went pretty well. I have gained a total of 19lbs so far which has really got me down. Baby is also having one of her quieter days and it always makes me nervous. I should have opted for the nonstress test at they offered me but I thought she'd pick up her activity as the day went on. I've surely felt her enough just not enough to make me feel completely better. I'm just always worrying. I'm also still so stressed about this stupid shower and I wish it were over already. I'm just having one of those really emotional, worried, and weepy days. I hope tomorrow is a better one.

Hope all of you girls are having a good day.

Happy 30 weeks ImSoTired!

19 lbs isn't bad... I'm up 23 so far eek. From what I was told you're supposed to gain upto 5 lbs first tri, then about 1-2 a week after that so at 30 weeks gaining around 21 lbs is good. Don't stress!

Baby has been quiet here too, except she has poked me a few times in the last hour. I'm wondering if it's an elbow...still can't tell!!

I'm making our crib skirt today and going to follow the instructions on this blog: https://www.younghouselove.com/2010/03/nursery-progress-skirting-the-issue/

Will let you guys know how it turns out!

Ill be there on Monday- how surreal is that! single digits!

I paid for my mothercare baby plan today and the travel system is getting delivered in 3 weeks time :happydance: Now i have to work out where it will live as I dont want it in the hallway. I have a feeling Ill be emptying out under the stairs again this weekend. Car seat is arriving in the next 3-5 days- just got another £15 off it so our £650 travel system and extras just came to £515! what a difference by shopping around. :)

Oh my gosh, last night was not a good night. I ended up crying because I couldn't sleep and was so uncomfortable and all I wanted to do was cozy up and go to sleep! My husband is so sweet, he rubbed my feet to help me relax. Then, when I got up in the middle of the night to pee, I had some crazy heart palpitations. It felt really scary, like my heart was going to explode and it had a weird rhythm. Anyone had heart palpitations? This was my first and I was almost ready to go the ER but kept telling myself it's normal.

Kelly M I have been having a lot of trouble getting comfortble as well and it's so annoying because all I want to do s sleep but it takes forever to fall asleep and then I wake up a lot anyway. As fr the heart palputaions I haven't had any in weeks but I was having a bunch of them on and off a little earlier on. It was scary and extremely uncomortable. Hopefully I don't have anymore and I'm sorry to hear you are having them.

I'm feeling a little better so far today and I hope I don't get as stressed as I did yesterday. Baby is a little more active today already. DH thinks she doesn't kick as much when I am stressed so it adds to the stress. Maybe he is right:shrug:

Im so worried. My baby girl is being super quiet since yesterday. Ive felt a few twitches here or there but no strong movements. Im scared something is wrong. She hasnt even kicked at the cold drink i put on my belly like she usually does. Im thinking about calling the doctor to see what they say.

Hopeful and Nicki: I'm sorry you are having so much stress with your baby's movements. It must be scary. I can't say I know what you are going through because my baby never sits still, I'm thinking I'm going to have a wild child on my hands. But, I think all babies have different levels of activity and it sounds like your babies are naturally quieter than others. I think it's really a problem when you have a normally active baby and then he/she all of sudden stops moving. But, it never hurts to go the doctor and make sure everything is ok. Don't feel silly for it, it could be worth it even if there's nothing wrong, just to reassure you. I bet your babies are just fine ladies! Try to relax a bit (easier said than done). Sending positive vibes your way! :)

My little girl doesnt usually sit still either, she is always moving, especially these last two weeks. But as soon as i posted this she kicked/punched me several times hard enough to see my belly move, so i know she is okay.

Yay Nicki! Isn't it funny how happy we are to have someone kicking and punching us? lol :)

Glad you ladies are feeling better. I've had some quieter than normal days as of late, I think it's normal for this time. Just not as much room for baby to move around. I can't imagine how much of nervous wrecks we'll be in the coming weeks when movement is reduced even more because of lack of space. My advice is this: trust your body and your instincts. if you feel that something is wrong, do not hestitate to contact your doctor. Better safe than sorry. What's the worst that will happen? They'll call us paranoid? Soooo, what good mother isn't? :hugs: for all of us. Let's celebrate, we're in the home stretch ladies!!!

Can't wait until single digit weeks next week :happydance:

Last time I saw my mw I mentioned that I hadnt felt baby move for over a day but luckily was just having a quiet day and she said if it happens again or if baby is too quiet for my liking just ring them.
Mine seems to move even more, it feels like he/she is constantly pushing out trying to find some space.
Does everyone know their babys sex? We didnt find out but something keeps telling me its a girl which is really odd-i have to keep stoping myself refering to baby as a girl as we dont know.

Our LO's movements have been fine. I havent had any trouble with it at all. Is there someone else in this thread called Nicki aswell and im just getting confused?

In fact he doesnt stop wriggling around!! Most uncomfortable. My sister in law is 9 weeks pregnant, and 2 of my cousins aswell. We will be on maternity leave together which will be nice. I think my friend, who had the miscarriage a few months ago if you can remember me mentioning her, may be pregnant. She dropped a hint last night but i dont want to outright ask incase im wrong and it ends up being really insensitive. Ekk! Hope so :) We were talking about doing disney together in 5 years time as we should all have LOs by then.

I honestly cant believe how fast time is going. Ive set myy desk calendar for October ready for Monday and I only have one more full working week! The end is in sight ladies!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know who but somebody on here kept saying they were worried about the kick count and that their baby doesn't seem to move enough. Wasn't you though obviously.

I just had a little hormonal moment and am guessing all day will be like this. I am crying because my husband took all the food we had left with him to work. We are moving tomorrow so there isn't much food in our fridge since we didn't want to move the food or have it spoil. So, I think of the can of tomato soup I have in the cupboard and get all excited, turn on the stove and realize he drank the rest of the milk too! This move is stressing me out so badly! It's going to be storming like mad, flash floods tomorrow and it's our only day to move. We have no choice but to move in the storm and all of our stuff is going to get wet since we are using an open bed trailer. We'll wrap it in plastic but I don't know how well that will protect it. Uuuugghhh!!! Ok, rant over.

Kelly - I think it was imsotired. I get the palpitations too. They sometimes make me dizzy or make my ears pop. It's usually accompanied by some upper ab tightness (like i just did situps) and shortness of breath. Feels kinda like a panic attack...sucks!!

So glad to know I'm not the only one. I almost went to the ER but remembered reading something about palpitations and how they can happen more to pregnant women. It does feel like a panic attack or a heart attack or something really serious!

Kelly It really sucks that you have to move in the rain. That's always the way it goes though. Dh always says that anytime we need to move something or bring a new piece of furniture home it will rain and it usually does. Hopefully your stuff won't get too wet. Also sorry about your DH taking all the food I know I've been getting pretty emotional lately also and if my DH did that I know I'd cry.

I did mention yesterday that baby was having a lazy day so it was probabaly me you were thinking of. Every once in a while, or when I'm really stressed it seems, baby will kick minimally and it makes me really nervous. She has since picked back up though and it makes me feel way better. Though she is pretty gentle most of the time unlike a lot of you ladies say your babies are but I'd like to think that she is just dainty, lol.

Anyhow I just cleaned out the basement and now my back is sore and I'm exhausted. I don't feel like making dinner so I hope DH is up for ordering out when he gets home or else he'll have to cook!

Hope everyone is having a good day!

Ladies......

It's my birthday today...... I am 40!!!!!! How has this happened??! :-(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back