Calling all Watermelon's

I dont get back pain much, but I do get uncomfortable as I tend to slouch on the sofa. Our sofa isnt the most comfy thing in the world for a pregnant lady!

Living room looks so different with the laminate flooring and now we have wood in there i have convinced OH that we can now have a wooden side table for the sofa :) Collected it a moment ago but got to wait for him to come home. grrrr.

I sat there today and wrote a list of all the small jobs that need doing around the house and what we need to buy to get the house perfect. We moved in 3 years ago but some rooms still dont have curtains as we rarely use them but we said we want it all sorted for when LO arrives. :) ...... i can see me spending a fortune lol x

Congrats on your new place Kelly. That's such a relief.

GL on your scans ladies.

Cookie - I get that alot. My doc says it's either trapped wind or a diplaced rib. Says that there is a little "give" room and ribs can get slightly displaced because of baby.

Does anyone else get rib/back pain? I think its trapped air/wind and it really hurts at times-I woke up at 2am with it this morning :(

I get pain in my sternum or breast bone a lot, especially when I'm laying down. I have read that rib and chest bone pain is common during pregnancy because the baby is crowding and stretching out the ribs and chest area. Same reason it's tough to breathe a lot of times. Sometimes my pain is so severe it makes me cry out in the night when I move to roll over! I have to make sure I don't slouch over and it usually helps.

Thanks ladies, that makes sense. I'm glad you know what I mean as I've told OH about it before and I swear he thinks I just make it up.

Thanks ladies, that makes sense. I'm glad you know what I mean as I've told OH about it before and I swear he thinks I just make it up.

You certainly didn't make it up! lol! I get rib pain as well when baby's feet are lodged up there and depending on which way I lie down either side gets sore. It's very uncomfortable sometimes. I'm also getting from time to time what I think is heartburn type pain in my chest as well but with everything I've been feeling the past few months it's really hard to tell for sure...you aren't alone and you can tell your OH you didn't make it up!

Just spent a good hour trying to re-assemble this 10 year old baby swing that was handed down to me from my sister. It was such a pain in the butt and when I finally figured it out (no instructions obviously) and turned it on, I noticed it sounds like a dang chainsaw, it's so loud! I don't know how well that will work with putting a sleepy baby in it..... Day one of setting up nursery has been slow and frustrating so far. But glad to have something to do! Can't wait for the fun part: decorating!

OH just had a text from his half sister confirming that we are all going to her wedding on the first of december. I'm a bit annoyed as when she invited him, he told her baby was due 30th november and if i was her I would have assumed from that we werent going to be going.

Exactly Cookie! Some people are just self centered. You should just have your baby on her wedding day - and make it all about you! lol. Could you just imagine her getting ready to walk down the isle and baby decides to come? Her day would be ruined! lol.

He rang her and she was ok with it. I think she is a bit miffed that not many of her family are going, its a bit complicated so she isnr talking to half of them.
OH said we may go if baby hasnt come but I doubt very much we will, my labour with DS was an hour and as 2nd labours are supposed to be quicker I dont fancy going into labour whilst we are away from home.

Lol I know-i wasnt expecting it to be so fast either. I had light contractions in the day then about 7pm they really started, we got to the hospital at half past and he was with us by 8pm. I was told so often to be prepared for a long labour too!

I had a few moments of nausea and dizziness yesterday. It was so weird and I'm constantly uncomfortable and very tired. I wonder if this is the stage before the burst of energy, nesting, etc. My right eye has begun twitching lately too:shrug:. Baby was very active yesterday and so she is a little sleepy this AM and hoping she wakes up soon. Otherwise I'm doing pretty well I suppose.

Cookie is your SIL crazy!? Why would she have her wedding that close to your due date if she wants you to attend? I'd stick to my guns and not go. You shouldn't be away from home if you are so close to labor, and you will have to be home with baby anyway if you have the baby a week or so before the wedding! She mustn't think it's important for family to attend in that case. Would serve her right if you stole her thunder that day by having the baby!

wow cookie that's fast! I hope mine does too!

Kelly - congrats on the move!

Hope you all are feeling well. Did you ladies get a flu shot while pregnant? I'm afraid to but think maybe I should since the baby doesn't get her immunization until she's 6 months.

I had a few moments of nausea and dizziness yesterday. It was so weird and I'm constantly uncomfortable and very tired. I wonder if this is the stage before the burst of energy, nesting, etc. My right eye has begun twitching lately too:shrug:. Baby was very active yesterday and so she is a little sleepy this AM and hoping she wakes up soon. Otherwise I'm doing pretty well I suppose.

Cookie is your SIL crazy!? Why would she have her wedding that close to your due date if she wants you to attend? I'd stick to my guns and not go. You shouldn't be away from home if you are so close to labor, and you will have to be home with baby anyway if you have the baby a week or so before the wedding! She mustn't think it's important for family to attend in that case. Would serve her right if you stole her thunder that day by having the baby!

I had the eye twitch too!!! It hasn't happened since Saturday but drove me nuts.

wow cookie that's fast! I hope mine does too!

Kelly - congrats on the move!

Hope you all are feeling well. Did you ladies get a flu shot while pregnant? I'm afraid to but think maybe I should since the baby doesn't get her immunization until she's 6 months.

I've not decided if I'll be getting the shot or not. I've never gotten the flu shot before so I'm on the fence about it because I don't know how my body will react to it and I don't want to risk it. I've also not been sick since I quit my job and I've only ever had the flu once, maybe twice. I am going to discuss it at my next appt on the 11th.:shrug:

So weird about the eye twitch...

Thanks Sigh! Now we can finally start decorating and setting up the nursery. I'm so excited! I'm going to pick up my glider chair today and that should be the last of the big furniture that we need.

I am not getting a flu shot. I have never gotten one in the past and I am not keen on doing it while pregnant in case it isn't good for the baby or I get sick from it. I'm just trying to put as little in/on my body as possible besides fruits, veggies, whole grains and water. lol But it could be really bad to have the flu while pregnant too so if you think you should get it then go for it. I haven't asked my dr about it yet. :)

I can't breathe! Ughh, this is so horrible. I keep taking deep breaths b/c I'm feeling like I'm not getting enough air. At this point, I have a fan on my desk to blow air directly into my face lol! Can I demand lo be taken out at 37 weeks just so I can breathe???

Wow cookie - I hope my labor goes just as fast! That would be awesome, but knowing me and my body, I'll be in labor forever.

I got the flu and Tdap (whooping cough) vaccines last week. I always get the flu one every year and stay up on my vaccinations b/c I work at a university and the students are always sick with something. It's definitely a personal choice so do what you ladies feel is right for you and baby.

Cookie the flu jabs are just coming out in the uk. I had mine last week. Your midwife will probably tell you to book one at your next appt with her or call your GP if you want one. I saw midwife yesterday and she told me about the whooping cough vaccine, its in at my GP next week. I will be getting it. I am a dentist and have to be well vaccinated for work. I asked my midwife a lot of questions about it and felt reassured. As Blu said though, I understand not everyone feels the same!

Imsotired.....have you had your iron levels checked? I was dizzy and exhausted and breathless and I am anemic....I have been on iron for 3 weeks now and feel slightly beter.

Toothfairy I don't think I've had my iron checked as the last blood I had taken was for my GTT. I haven't had an iron problem since getting pregnant and I think my prenatal vitamin has iron in it, not sure. It was very strange though, yesterday I was sitting on the couch doing nothing and I suddenly got dizzy and nauseous. I also got nauseous a few times later that day:shrug:. I have times of breathlessness and real discomfort and I'm always tired. I've been lazy and taking naps everyday. I will mention it at my next appt though when I ask about my shots and everything as well. I just feel blah.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->