calling for "Easily conceived baby 1 BUT ttc#2 in taking longer"....

I haven't been to the GP as a neighbour who has a similar issue didn't get very far with hers and I don't want to be made to feel silly. She has a DS and fell pg on the pill. She and her df are young and she had the depo jab after ds was born. She stopped it and has since not had af or ovulated and GP doesn't seem to think this is an issue and they won't help her at all until it's been 12 mths. She thinks it's because of their ages, but I personally think it's because they already have a child as they aren't that young. If we hit 6 mths then I'll definitely go!

even I have set a target of 6 months, if it goes beyond that I wll go to doc, but wll tell that I m trying for more than a year not 6 months :winkwink:

It's so silly that you need to bend the truth to get anywhere, all I'd want is a blood test to check my hormones etc but it's like pulling teeth!!

what do I do u tell me ? :( time is running out, my DS is already 4.8 yrs. I dnt want the age gap to grow further . Time is running out, had I know it wll be so much trouble this time I wud have started early :(:(

I meant it's silly we have to tell the GP white lies, not that you're silly hun :flower:

I'll be doing the same, just have to hope the FP clinic don't tell the GP when I had implant out or that will give the game away for me!!

I'm in too!

I'm on cycle number 3 (though we didn't actually BD at the correct time last month). My DD was conceived on cycle 2. For some reason I feel like its not going to happen easily this time. I feel like there is a lot of pressure. I spoke to a dr friend and she just said that I did it the first time so I can conceive! However I BF for 8 months and my cycles are everywhere and I have a feeling my luteal phase is short so now taking supplements to lengthen it. I'm also using opks this month, which i didn't do the first time.

I hope we all get our BFP this month!!!

I had my yearly doctor's appointment last month and mentioned how how we'd been trying. She sent me for blood work to check my thyroid and prolactin levels and told me to come back in August if nothing has happened.
I think it will definitely be good to find out if there's a problem sooner than later, especially if there's an easy fix.

I think normally the docs won't do anything until you've been trying for a year or over a certain age. Saying that I have an appointment with mine monday morning, as I suspect I have pcos, and want that checked out.

soccergirl -I got pregnant at 18 with dd, i'm 24 now and though it would still be easy. seems not.

Rain don't blame you for going and bending the truth. Unfortunatly I can't do that as I had my implant out in November and they have that on their records :dohh:

Hi hann :flower:

well i'm in the 2ww now I think. As my cycles are between 29 and 40 days, I am on cd 26 so either due in 3days or 2 weeks.

So glad to see I'm not alone (and that I'm not crazy for feeling more pressure to ttc#2 than #1).

Maybe that's the problem. I wasn't expecting to get pregnant last time - I actually thought I'd ovulated the week before so didn't even think I was fertile! - whereas this time we're trying to time things and I'm permanently checking my cm, boobs etc!! Maybe stressing is part of the problem...

9dpo here and I've been feeling very pregnant: sick to my stomach, metallic taste, high cervix, spot on my nose (which has only ever happened when I was pregnant before - weird but true), hot flushes. But symptoms seem to have calmed down a bit over the last 12hrs. HPT was also negative this morning which isn't surprising - box says it's only about 50% accurate 4 days before your period (which is tomorrow), plus I didn't get a positive test until 12dpo with my daughter.

Am nevertheless feeling a bit despondent which is ridiculous - it's our first cycle trying for heaven's sake. Just can't bear the thought of having to go through this rollercoaster for the next however-many months.

Oh and I used an online calculator yesterday to see our odds: at my age (30) our odds of conceiving are 60% in six months. SIX MONTHS. Seriously - how does the human race survive with such rubbish odds??!

Oh and I'd just demand the tests from my GP. Don't mention TTC: just say you're worried about irregular periods or something - that might speed things up...

I had my implannon in for 2 1/2 years just had it removed jan 19,2012 got my first BFP feb12. And then Af a week later :(( my husband and I were devistatee the dr said it was a chemical pregnancy??? and we have been trying ever since with absolutely no luck!!!! I get my period every month like clock work my cycle is approx 21-24days...my June period was 3days late and I had a lot of brown discharge towards the end which isn't normal for me... Just curious should I be worried that I haven't gotten a real BFP Yet??? Is there anything I should be doing to get it help so bummed...

Sounds hopeful britgirl fingers crossed.

Hi gavinsmom :)

Does anyone else work out when they would be due IF you get pregnant this try. for the record I would be due between 25th feb and 8th march.

28 feb.

Not that I've counted the weeks off on the kitchen calendar... ;) Or felt a little annoyed that the leap year was this year rather than next -a leap year baby would be fun!

Hi all, I am new to this forum. I am so glad to know I am not the only one having a hard time ttc#2. DD just turned 4yearold last month and we got pregnant with her in three months. Now it is our 5th month trying and because of how irregular my period (mainly spotting before period) is the past two years (since I stop birth control), I went to see a fertility dr. Last month and now trying to figure out what the problem is. You can tell your dr. that u have irregular period/spotting and demand a referral to see a fertility dr. I am so worried and stressed out because i donnot want the age gap to be more than 5 and also i am turning 33 soon. I hope this will be the month and i do not have to go through more bloodtest and ultrasound. Goodluck to u all too!

Hi KK0501 - I hope you get good results soon and your BFP.

Jellybean87 - I totally do that - I would be due on 6th March - nice date I think! Probably won't happen though.....

I am still getting negative opks but am starting to step up DTD to try to conceive. I know quite a few people who have said that they didn't get pregnant when the opk told them to but just before it so I figure I'll start now and see. My plan is to DTD (yesterday), today, Sat, Mon, Weds, Fri, Sat, Mon - hopefully that should cover it as I think I must ov somewhere between 17th-26th however no ewcm yet but have had a few ovulation twinges....

welcome kk :)

Hann - thats what I do, because I don't seem to get positive opks, just incase I am ovulating and the opks don't work with me we try to dtd everyother day from cd15 to cd 26. It takes some dedication though!

i'm glad i'm not the only one who works out the due date

If you don't get a positive opk can you be ovulating still? I've not tried yet for a full cycle but haven't had one so far....

you can I think. for some people opks just don't work, but they are ovulating and do get pregnant. Or you can miss your LH surge there is a website that explains it https://www.peeonastick.com/opkfaq.html#12

Oh thanks that's helpful - and gives me some hope!

How is everyone doing? I have my gp appointment tomorrow, just hoping she takes me seriously and starts investigation and doesn't fob me off

Just started taking OPKs for this cycle. Thye've been - so far but cm and cp are starting to look more fertile, so hopefully I'll be ovulating in a few days :)

I'm doing good! Got my +OPK yesterday :)

How are you?

I am in my TWW of our 8th month TTC. Heading to the GP tomorrow for my blood results from my health check. Hopefully nothing serious is going on.

How about kk0501?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->