Calling the RSPCA..?

Cassie.

Reaction score
My sister's ex boyfriend (and FOB) and his siblings all live together. They have a dog, which they always shout at and hit, I've seen them do it and the dog is always trembling. None of the girls like him and they won't go near him, he's almost a year old and still nips, yet their Dad and his sister always tries to bring the dog near them to 'get them used to him'. They live in a small council house which is fine but when they got the dog (a hybrid bred wolf/dog- it looks like a Husky only bigger) they lied to the breeder and said that they had a large house with lots of land for the dog to roam and they showed her photos of a different house, belonging to their Uncle. They walk the dog about twice a week which is nowhere near enough and he doesn't get fed dog food at all, just scraps (they're not the world's healthiest eaters either). I'm considering calling the RSPCA and reporting them, does anyone know if they'd rehome the dog? or would they be able to find the breeder and give him back?

Or another note, their cousin has just wrote a FB status saying she wants a puppy for Xmas, then another asking if anyone has any puppies for sale for a max price of £30. Someone said 'what about the 12 week old one I told you about yesterday?' and she just said 'I can't get the whole £40 for that one'. If she can't afford an extra £10 how are they gonna look after it :shrug:

Anyway, any help would be appreciated xx

I don't know what the RSPCA procedures are, but I would certainly report. Sounds like they have no clue about caring for a dog :nope:

And yeah I completely agree about if she can't get another £10 together, how in the actual fuck does she think she'll afford to look after it! That kind of stuff really bugs me... there are so many gumtree ads requesting dogs, cats and all sorts of other animals cheap and even free :wacko: If you can't afford to buy the animal then you sure as heck can't afford to keep it!

xx

I know, it's ridiculous. We have one of our bearded dragons up for sale for £40 and we've had loads of people ask us if they can have him for free. One said her daughter has been saving her pocket money but only has £15.. surely they could put the rest to it :/

I'll definitely be giving them a call, waiting for OH to get back and fix the phone >< Their dad has tried to say that the girls aren't scared of him because they're scared of being nipped, they're just scared of dogs. But we have a dog and they're fine with him..

:dohh:

Some people really are ignorant. I had loads of chancers getting in touch over snakes I was selling when we downsized moving here. Someone tried to offer me a printer in exchange for one :saywhat: :rofl:

we once reported next doors 4 alsations as they were kept cooped up in a samll yard area with a shed to sleep in. they never got walkes, never got brushed but were fed and given water everyday although the garden was only cleared of their mess about once every 2 weeks. the rspca came and said because the dogs were fed and watered, had shelter and showed no signs of physical abuse, they couldn't do anything.

I wouldn't hesitate to ring them but be prepared for then not to be able to do anything about it.

I would definitely report them hun! You would be doing that poor dog a favour...bless x

I called them a few times on my a neighbour years ago, he also hit the wife and kids and my mate got a black eye from him and other half to when he beat them up, went for me and I botted the crap out of his balls and he near had me for assult which the police laughed at as he has a massive record. Anyway they came a few times and went and never took the dog and I seen him beat that dog from my house and he never cleaned up after it, kids where crawling around in dog shit yard and eventually I moved to get away from him and a few other neighbors who couldnt stand the smell.

I dont think they can do a lot as some people falsly call them, if the dog looked starved they probably would but proving beatings is hard unless you have evidence.

People like this annoy the life out of me. If you cant care for the animal leave the poor thing alone so someone who will look after it can take them home.

I feel guilty because i cnat sepnd much timewiht my chinchillas these days so the two of them live in a cage big enough for six so i know they are still able to exercise etc

I cant imagine treating an animal the way they treat that dog. Its evil forcing the kids and dog together when clearly its stressful for them all. Its behaviour like that that caues a dog to attack the kid. They sound like the sort who would then entirely blame the dog and have him put down. And the kids would then be really scared of dogs

I would def report it at least then you know you tried.

we called the RSPCA on someone we purchased two bearded dragons off, she advertised them as babies, which they were not, she also said she didnt know the sex, but they were more than big enough to be sexed, the vivarium had no heat lamp, which she claimed broke that day (yeah right) and no flurecent (sp) light either, and the bark they had in there was minging! full of shit and flies which she claimed to be a part of their diet. also the one beardie had no tail, she said "oh it will grow back" how dull, they dont grow back because unlike geko's ect they have bones in their tailes! she had loads of other dragons she was breading in poor conditions, and dogs, cats, birds in a small house, i wouldnt of baught them other than the fact i wanted to save them, we took them, baught a new vivarium ect and reported her asap.

i would definately report this man, atleast they can check it out for themselves to see if they need to take action

xxx

Id call them, but i dont know if theyd actually do anything. It annoys me because when i had my horses someone called the RSPCA to them as theyd broken into an apple orchard (which was in the middle of my horses field) and they came out and interigated us about it (my horses by the way where very well looked after) someone i know phoned about one of her friends dogs being mis treated and they never even went out! Thats so sad though poor dog xx

I gave them a call and told them the situation, they took the address and are sending someone round over the next few days, so that's good. Hopefully they'll at least tell them how to properly care for him even if they don't take him away.

Hopefully they will keep an eye on the situation? Do they do that? Poor dog :(

Do you know the details of the dogs breeder? You could contact them, as they are probably breaking the contract with them, and the breeder may be able to get the dog back.
I breed rats and my contact states they must be given proper care and attention.

At least if you do call them you won't feel as guilty!...... Have you offered to take the dog off their hands? It sounds like they don't really want it!

Do you know the details of the dogs breeder? You could contact them, as they are probably breaking the contract with them, and the breeder may be able to get the dog back.
I breed rats and my contact states they must be given proper care and attention.

I don't. I don't think they'd tell me either, as they lied to the breeder. I could get my sister to ask his younger brother, he'd probably tell her. Then I'll give them a call. Thanks :)

At least if you do call them you won't feel as guilty!...... Have you offered to take the dog off their hands? It sounds like they don't really want it!

I haven't personally, my OH doesn't want him. One of my sister's friends who lives on a farm and has huskies offered to take him but FOB's family said no, they want him, they just can't be bothered to look after him. No one taught him to 'sit' on command and they genuinely thought he'd learn it himself :wacko:

I've only rang the RSPCA once and that was because I found a limping duck by a pond, really struggling to walk and it looked as if she had twisted her leg right round. I didn't have credit so I texted them lol and I was on my way to work so had to leave but they rang me back and said they were sending someone out to go and see the duck and asked me to describe her more etc. Poor duck :(

Hope you get it sorted soon, sounds like a horrible living condition for the poor dog, we have two huskys and they need so much exercise and attention, if you feed them crap then they get overweight and it takes it out on their legs because naturally they are supposed to be fit and healthy dogs that spend their time running through forests etc xx

You need evidence that they're hitting the dog. Could you secretly take a video with your phone?

I phoned the RSPCA on my neighbours once. They have 2 bichons who they leave outside in all weathers at all times. They don't walk them either, but because I can't see into their garden there's nothing the RSPCA will do (even the no walking is neglect as is leaving them to bark and whine in the freezing cold/rain).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->