can a digital test give a false positive? - Faulty test confirmed by blood test

cheekybint

TTC #4 after TR, 1 tube
Reaction score
I tested yesterday afternoon with a clearblue conception indicator and got Pregnant 3+. This morning i got Not pregnant!

Is it possible yesterdays test was wrong?

Im worried now that Im the unlucky one who gets a faulty test

im not sure hun i dont think so?? be interesting to no tho x

maybe your wee wasn't as concentrated as before? FX

ETA: false negs are wayyyy more common than false pos

hi if you hcg is too high it sends digi mad, i did this in my last pregnancy. everything was fine and i was pregnant good luck x x

Yeah hun, false negs are waaaaay more common than false pos tests especialy on digi tests. Why not try a frer too! Gotta say its very unlikely that you are not pregnant after a psoitive cg digi...can I ask how many dpo you are hun? Just wanna see if it matches up with the first cb digi that said 3wks....xxx

Crazy! Get yourself a good old pink dye frer. CB digis can be really bad :hugs:

i used a cbdigi in my 6th pregnancy said i was pregnant in the evening and when i took 1 in morning using fmu said not pregnant? anyway i complained they sent me a new test and that came back pregnant ? so same thing happened to me x id get a normal test and do that too they where saying pregnant for me x and my little boy turned 3 in july so i was pregnant dont know why it happened x hope this helps x

if you got a 3+ on the digi you should get a lovely dark line on a 'normal' test :)

:test:

The only thing i can think of is the concentration on your urine was not high enough or sadly it could be that you have had a chemical pregnancy. If you got a 3+ though on a cb digital, you should have been able to test at any time really so its a bit strange. Its possible the test is faulty but unlikely i would imagine.

Are you 3wks plus?
I had a positive test with a cb digital and it said 1-2wks. A few days later [ not overnight mind you!] i got 'not pregnant' Sadly, Af then came. It was devastating. I hope its not that. Try a different test. x

This happened to me during my first pregnancy and I was very pregnant! Try a Frer!! Congrats.

Have you tried another test yet? Just curious also to the answers of the other lady's questions...would you indeed be "3 +"? How mant DPO are you? I hope you are pregnant! It sounds very strange to me to have a pos. digital one day and a negative one the next. GOOD LUCK and keep us posted!

I would call the company and tell them what happened and see what they have to say about it!

i never got a 3+ till i was 7wk so those who aint either dnt worry :hugs:

another lady on ere has just got them same on a digi b4 her af was due x

Hey ladies

Sorry I've not had a good day

I got my OH to go out and buy another test and he came back with another digital! Anyway, I used it and it came up "Not pregnant" again. Called my FS and he agrees it's highly unlikely to be a false positive but they can happen. He's told me not to test again for another few days (until after AF due, tomorrow or Monday)

I'm currently 12dpo today, and the 3+ is possible as I'm taking Clomid so there's a risk of twins.

I'm not testing again this weekend, it's been a tough day :(

so sorry hun it aint over thou until af shows her face fx shes gone on holiday.xxx.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->