can any of you ladies help?

Flibberty87

Pregnant with my rainbow
Reaction score
So after many failed clomid rounds and still no pregnancy after ovarian drilling, my only options are now injectables or IVF. I don't go back to the FS until the 16th of December and I'm trying to get as much info as possible before I go.

As my DF has a child already, we have been denied funding on the NHS and so we will have to pay everything out of pocket.

Could anyone tell me how much these will cost in an NHS hospital?

I have found prices from private clinics but nothing conclusive about NHS hospitals.

I also would like to know your stories of using these methods and how easy/hard out found them.

Thanks in advance :)

Hi, I am sorry to hear of your struggles.

I have done 2 rounds of ICSI but unfortunately I don't have success story for you. NHS costs around £4K give and take depending on the amount of drugs you need. There are also other things they offer to private paying couples which cost more, like embryo glue and time lapse but these are extras if you want them, I recommend asking what they offer to private patients and you can decide for yourself if you want them.

Each hospital will have their own methods but personally I didn't find them too difficult, for someone who has been terrified of needles and hospitals, I was fine throughout the process. For me, the hardest part is the two week wait once you have an embryo transferred, its the longest time of your life, you think of nothing else and you have no idea what is happening until you test.

If you can afford it, then go for it. There are a lot of unsuccessful stories but also a lot of positive ones. They do work and this could finally be your time.

Good Luck :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->